New fort Ladle 111 (October 6th)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

johnny.nbk.
On Lightcycle Grid

New fort Ladle 111 (October 6th)

Post by johnny.nbk. »

Hello everyone.
Who's down for ladle 111? Sunday October 6th

Discord-->https://discordapp.com/channels/3739372 ... 5117284352

Note: there are some changes to the map and physics of the ladle servers that are being implemented this ladle.
for more info on these "new fort" settings see link http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php?title=Newfort

Cycle_accel_rim 1.3

score_hole -2 (prevent /discourage holing)

walls_length 395

Team_max_players 5

Map arena is slightly narrower
Last edited by johnny.nbk. on Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: New fort Ladle 111 (October 5th)

Post by compguygene »

This is a great idea. Back in the early days of the Ladle, to get more people into it, Epsy, a dev, implemented a 4 man fortress Tournament. The physics changes you propose would have made it a better experience.I will donam\te a server with my new VPS that i am setting up right now. If you look, I am the one that implemented the last settings/permission changes to the Ladle. I will simply update them.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

compguygene wrote:This is a great idea. Back in the early days of the Ladle, to get more people into it, Epsy, a dev, implemented a 4 man fortress Tournament. The physics changes you propose would have made it a better experience.I will donam\te a server with my new VPS that i am setting up right now. If you look, I am the one that implemented the last settings/permission changes to the Ladle. I will simply update them.
I've made a few changes with the authorities based on your config. Let me know if you think of anything.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Here's what the current map looks like.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

I've made a few changes with the authorities based on your config. Let me know if you think of anything.
Let me know where the file is, and I will check it. Also, I would like us, after the ladle, to come up with a mutually acceptable name, brand it as a Ww server, if that is ok, and make it a true community server, with mods/admins that are pretty much anybody with the basic skills/attitude to do the job. I would like us to further experiment with the settings and make Fortress better. There have been a lot of debates about updating Fortress over the years, but not much action. We should take that action.
Thanks for giving me admin in the Ww Wild Fortress Server. I am working on a 4 axes version of that, but first I am taking all the ct maps and converting them to be on my account on the official map repo. If you want to add CT maps to the Ww Wild Fortress Server, I can point you to where they are. It's totally up to you, but if you had all the maps that ct has plus what you have, and did rotations on the round like the old CT Wild Fortress did, you would have the most awesome Wild Fortress Server ever in the history of the game.
Also, make sure you check your pm's. I sent you one that I would like to hear feedback if you like. I l am loving to see what you and Kevin have done to improve the game.

Edit.

P.S. I really like the map! Action should be quick and deadly. We may want to adjust the settings that control how the zone is conquered. The current ladle settings are setup to make long end-of-round sumo fights. BORING! The original ladle settings allowed a 2 v 1 where in about 10 seconds, the zone would fall. Also, it would be good to change CYCLE_PING_RUBBER to 4.7777. I tested that a long time ago. At the time, we had a growing number of Aussie players. So, I got a server hosted in Australia. I experimented with the CYCLE_PING_RUBBER, I and found that setting to be the perfect balance of giving more rubber to high pingers. I also tested it in the normal gameplay of fortress servers. I didn't tell anybody about it, but just surveyed players about how they felt about the server. Those that were closest, of course, did not notice any difference. The furthest away found that they seemed to have a little more rubber, but it seemed to play as if they were close to the server. It might need to be turned down some, but we really should change the setting.
assaindan
Average Program

Post by assaindan »

if life isn't too busy , I will be there
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Why the SCORE_HOLE -2????? Holing is now a bad thing??????? With 4 person teams it may be hard to setup a hole.... and the zone conquer settings should be changed....
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

I (and some others) think we should keep these new settings as they are and see how it goes.
Rnoodles
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Rnoodles »

I have put up a West coast server with the ladle 111 settings for people to practice on.
chrisd
Round Winner

Post by chrisd »

You say 'Sunday October 5th' but October 5th is actually a Saturday..... I guess you really mean October 6th?

Actually, I will be able to attend the 6th but not the 5th.
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Ya is it the 5th/Saturday or 6th/Sunday like usual?
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
johnny.nbk.
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by johnny.nbk. »

Nanu Nanu wrote:Ya is it the 5th/Saturday or 6th/Sunday like usual?
It’s on Sunday the 6th at 18:00gmt :)
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Re: New fort Ladle 111 (October 6th)

Post by aP|Nelg »

I've been informed of the following changes:
  • Now 5v5 instead of 4v4.
  • Rim accel is now 1.3 instead of 1.8.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

aP|Nelg wrote:I (and some others) think we should keep these new settings as they are and see how it goes.
Thats a good idea. I am just trying to throw some ideas out there. Of course, you guys are right!
compguygene

Re: New fort Ladle 111 (October 6th)

Post by compguygene »

I put up 4 Ww servers in 4 new locations on the VPS's i just finished setting up. Los Angeles, Chicago, Netherlands, and Germany. I have verified that they are setup properly, so if teams want to practice, they can. Unfortunately, the only day that I can spend the day with my girlfriend (soon to be fiance) is Sunday, so I can't play, but wish that I could.