Final Ladle (RIP Tron)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Final Ladle (RIP Tron)

Post by Lucifer »

compguygene wrote:Lucifer, if you would like, I have put up a Ladle server. Howerver, there is no way I can be there to manage it if there are problems. If you like, I will add USER_LEVEL Lucifer@forums 0 to my Ladle server so you can help out if there is a problem.
By the way, no way is this the last Ladle! I bet this is a new beginning of Ladles!!!!
That would be fine, but I don't know that I'd use mod powers at all. I generally don't use the name Lucifer when playing anymore, so authenticating would defeat the purpose. ;)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Question in regards to sign ups, when will your wiki be up del? Just want to let all the people on facebook know.
CxDy gurl

Post by CxDy gurl »

Oh gurls

We gathering for the RIP event of you all?

I'll be there with Mecca. Bye Felicias

*Signs Autograph*
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

This weekend. I've been somewhat busy this week with a migration planning project, so some things haven't been done as planned. That should be rectified this weekend, and I hope to have the site up by end of Sunday.

Just to note: This isn't a wiki, I'm just writing a quick and dirty web forms application for this ladle. Hopefully Z-Man will have the actual Wiki fixed soon enough.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

The wiki works fine as of right now no?

It might be better for people to fill out a form (as you have suggested), such as a google docs or webpage hosted form for sign ups, then have someone edit the ladle wiki page with everyone on it in teams.

Do we have a team picking process figured out?
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

INW wrote:Do we have a team picking process figured out?
We are planning on allowing teams to sign up with their clans, given they can muster up enough members and dust them off..

Obviously FoFo and I just gathered people and kickstarted the idea, we aren't doing anything with the forms like Del is so I believe he said if people don't get signed up and get themselves onto the right teams it will just be randomized.
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

INW wrote:The wiki works fine as of right now no?

Not really, a significant number of edit actions are resulting in exceptions with the changes not being saved.
kill3r
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by kill3r »

You'll definitely catch me there
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Ok well, there is still no way to sign up for the ladle and it is on the 3rd of June... we are approaching that very closely... Do we have any alternative options? Or Del how are we looking my dude! Not trying to rush, just don't want any hiccups as we approach the final few days, want people to be able to set their teams up.
Dropp

Post by Dropp »

Google would've been the easiest solution for ladle teams.
LOLcat
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by LOLcat »

I'm here for the gang bang.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

A Google Form would be simple enough for signups...or people who signed up in this thread can be added to the ladle wiki page.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

I'm dtf. Phoenix clan will be tring to pull ourselves together, looks like we'll have at least a few.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

My attempts to get the Wiki up to date hit some bumps and a brick wall. The bumps are that DLH's two extensions and the armagetronad theme are not yet up to date to the current way these things are registered (should be no problem, but takes time because I need to turn myself from clueless to incompetent, but functional there) and the brick wall is that the upgrade script failed with a stacktraceless exception.
So instead of completing that, I just tinkered with the PHP settings. Turns out I had some accelerator checkbox on, no clue what that does in detail. I unchecked it, maybe it'll work better now. My extensive testing (one edit) went well.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Z-Man wrote:My attempts to get the Wiki up to date hit some bumps and a brick wall. The bumps are that DLH's two extensions and the armagetronad theme are not yet up to date to the current way these things are registered (should be no problem, but takes time because I need to turn myself from clueless to incompetent, but functional there) and the brick wall is that the upgrade script failed with a stacktraceless exception.
So instead of completing that, I just tinkered with the PHP settings. Turns out I had some accelerator checkbox on, no clue what that does in detail. I unchecked it, maybe it'll work better now. My extensive testing (one edit) went well.
How much has mediawiki changed? I made the theme, after all, so I should be able to have a more than passing familiarity with it. :)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden