Final Ladle (RIP Tron)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

naiss

Re: Final Ladle (RIP Tron)

Post by naiss »

Count me in.
niin
Average Program

Post by niin »

Code: Select all

Ritsuka
.Lightning
sinewav
Cronix
AI-team
Titanoboa
FoFo
Judders-
Lucifer
Gonzap
Legionnaire
3B3B3B
Luiso
PlayerNub
delinquent
Hallucination
TheNate
Flex
Gazelle
Zenith
niin
Jess
Nagi
BsYui
Word
ppotter
Syre
Modis
Solutai
Plee
Okra
DrHouse
SolarCold
DaWG
Dreadlord
Soul
Wolf
CoCo
Hylix
Psy
Lowkey
Sain
Johnny
naiss
Blondie
Olive
orion
chrisd
I hope I missed no one out on this updated list.

About time I would appreciate something not too late for CEST because of work the next day. However, if that is not possible for what ever reason that's okay for me, just can't participate then (gonna be around in the beginning tho to say hi)

Edit: Added Blondie
Edit 2: Added Olive
Edit 3: Added orion and chrisd
Last edited by niin on Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
blondie
Core Dumper

Post by blondie »

You missed me
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

delinquent wrote: Finally, what time are we going to hold the Ladle? I vote for 8PM GMT.
This works for me. It'll be 3pm CDT for anybody in the US Central time zone.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lucifer wrote:
delinquent wrote: Finally, what time are we going to hold the Ladle? I vote for 8PM GMT.
That's a little late, no? Traditionally the event started around 18:45 GMT. As someone on the US West Coast I don't mind a later start, and we no longer have 16+ teams, so as long as there are no European/Asian objections I'm cool with 20:00 GMT.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

sinewav wrote:
Lucifer wrote:
That's a little late, no? Traditionally the event started around 18:45 GMT. As someone on the US West Coast I don't mind a later start, and we no longer have 16+ teams, so as long as there are no European/Asian objections I'm cool with 20:00 GMT.
There's at least one objection to a "late" start time already, but he didn't provide enough specifics yet to pick one.

I'm just voicing my "ok". There's a wide range of times I'll be ok with, which includes the 18:45UTC time you gave (really, I realize the differences between UTC and GMT are only like 30 seconds, but we're not talking about GMT, we're talking about UTC, because all of our clocks sync to UTC, not GMT).

- Iron Maiden
niin
Average Program

Post by niin »

Lucifer wrote: There's at least one objection to a "late" start time already
I guess that's me.
Lucifer wrote:but he didn't provide enough specifics yet to pick one.
I won't provide more specifics because my availability there isn't too good in general. There are too many people interested to take care about everybodies wishes. So I'll make a decision based on the time we settle, just wanted that to be in mind.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

niin wrote: I won't provide more specifics because my availability there isn't too good in general. There are too many people interested to take care about everybodies wishes. So I'll make a decision based on the time we settle, just wanted that to be in mind.
Yes, you're the one with the objection. Um, might I make a suggestion? Speak up with more specifics? I mean, go ahead and add your caveats that your availability isn't great in general, but if you want to play, and you have a time that's best for you, go ahead and mention it?

I'm the opposite of that. I actually have a surplus of free time right now (it's more accurate to describe it as I make my own schedule, but whatever), so if I show support to a specific time, that doesn't actually mean anything about my availability. I'm throwing support to making a decision. I'm hoping that at this time my hatred of indecisiveness is legendary, but it's probably a forlorn hope.

But I'd like to play with you, so, hey, when can you play? I can almost certainly support the time, whatever it is. :) For reference, last time I checked, most of Germany is UTC+1, so 20:00UTC is 21:00 in most of Germany, which is a late start time for people who work during the day.

- Iron Maiden
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

Hey, will reiterate, I want to play too if some team will have me.
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
niin
Average Program

Post by niin »

Lucifer wrote:For reference, last time I checked, most of Germany is UTC+1, so 20:00UTC is 21:00 in most of Germany, which is a late start time for people who work during the day.
Having that 18 UTC to 18.30 UTC (or earlier) would be the best for me. However, I don't have a "global" view of time here so I don't know if that is not way to early for some Americans.
So I'd like to stay neutral when it comes to time settlement.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

maybe i can make it
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Something I'm going to need warning about to make sure I have software available is "Is there going to be voice chat?"

If there is, and I need to have it, I'll need to know what software I need to have available for it. Doesn't matter the OS (except it can't be windows or Mac OS X, but if it's windows and it works in Wine, that's fine), just matters what I might need to have, since, you know, I generally avoid voice chat because I prefer to type.

So, what sort of voice communication are we generally expected to have?

- Iron Maiden
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

I'd say Discord, though traditionally it has been Teamspeak. I'm sure the owners of the Armagetron Noobs Discord server would be happy to make password protected channels for each team.
chrisd
Round Winner

Post by chrisd »

/me also wants to play in the 'final ladle'!!!!!!

But tron is not at all ripped!!!! /me plays tron every day!!!!!!!!!! tron for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Lucifer, if you would like, I have put up a Ladle server. Howerver, there is no way I can be there to manage it if there are problems. If you like, I will add USER_LEVEL Lucifer@forums 0 to my Ladle server so you can help out if there is a problem.
By the way, no way is this the last Ladle! I bet this is a new beginning of Ladles!!!!
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm