Final Ladle (RIP Tron)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Luiso
Average Program

Re: Final Ladle (RIP Tron)

Post by Luiso »

I'm totally in if I'm not working. Would be nice Sundays after 19:30GMT except the week from 19 to 26 of may. Love you all.
I am not responsible for the content of this message ;)
PlayerNub
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by PlayerNub »

Let's do this. The Sundays that work for me are May 27 and June 3.
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

Gaz and i got this idea luci, its more like hey lets play all together again than a «rip tron» and lets hope some people will get active again after that :) as you said we are all busy but we all had fun! so lets go!

Sine lets see how many players can play then we ll decide on a date using a vote and then use the wiki, to make this fair i think we could vote on team leaders and make a sort of pickup to make all the teams or we can just play with old clans depends on who comes in idk
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

I'm in, definitely. Is there a wiki page at all?
Hallucination

Post by Hallucination »

Shit I’ll play. I ain’t got nothing planned on sundays.
TheNate
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by TheNate »

Sounds good!

I am in!
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

I'm in. :)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

PlayerNub wrote:Let's do this. The Sundays that work for me are May 27 and June 3.
I think these are the two best options because they are not too far away that people will forget but still give us enough time to organize.
FoFo
Core Dumper

Post by FoFo »

The 27th thats the only sunday i cant make it lol
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Sup fellas, been awhile, good to see some familiar faces!

I say we set it for June 3rd, this gives us plenty of time to get an actual head count and try and get more people to attend, we currently have over 30 - 40 people on the facebook chat that have actually said they want to participate they just haven't made their way on to the forums just yet.

Set it for a reasonable time for both the EU and NA players, I always thought roughly around 19 - 20 gmt...

As for teams, it seems fair to allow the clans to join back up with each other, I know we have an abundance of players from CP and SP on the chat right now and there would be nothing better than to see them duke it out one last time (However some of us may have something to say about that, hope you guys play round 1 8) ) so with that being said maybe allowing players to attempt to organize their teams a day or two ahead of the tournament once we see the amount of players present and if it doesn't work out we can either randomize the teams or do it like a pickup and select the teams before the tournament begins!

I'm excited, glad to see such a good turnout so far and looking forward to playing a ladle with all of you in the near future.
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Also what about servers? I can host one in Manchester, possibly one on my East Coast infra but don't hold me to that since that's a staging area. The only ladle server still up at present is CT's US.

Since CT no longer seem to have a site, I'll stick the config on my domain so there's two points of access, the other being Compguygene if he's game.
Will be updated prior to the event

Ladle Config: http://vixendev.co.uk/resources/externa ... dle110.cfg
Authorities: http://vixendev.co.uk/resources/externa ... tyV1_2.cfg
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Does anyone know how to contact Light? In regards to servers
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Left him a message on his site telling him to come here. He should see it in a day or two.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I'm happy to be a wildcard player, available for any team that's short a player or two, but don't expect me to play at my prime. ;)

I can offer a server, too. It's located in Texas, and is pretty high performance for a VPS. It may or may not be running a game server right now anyway, and it may or may not still be running a master server (Nelg quit telling me when my master server went down, so I haven't checked it recently).

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Thanks Lucifer and you can definitely play for anyone dude, anyone who wants to play will play this is all just for fun! (ofc we say that now until we start playing)

Im sure we will be able to muster up a few servers, even if we only have 2 or 3.. we can make it work.. I am totally down for watching matches before playing as well. Going to be awesome just seeing a ladle take place again.