60 fps cap?

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Im12yold

60 fps cap?

Post by Im12yold »

How do I turn of the 60 fps cap? :C
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: 60 fps cap?

Post by Lucifer »

There isn't one?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

On 0.2.8, there is no ingame option for that. In the ancient OpenGL version that is using, there is no standard way to apply the setting. You will have to set it using your operating system or driver tools. If you tell us what system and graphics card you're using, we may be able to help.
On 0.4 (experimental releases), there is a VSync switch in "System Settings"/"Display Settings"/"Screen Mode"/"Advanced", you would want that on "Wait".
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Z-Man wrote:On 0.4 (experimental releases), there is a VSync switch in "System Settings"/"Display Settings"/"Screen Mode"/"Advanced", you would want that on "Wait".
You would actually want it on Don't Wait to turn off Vsync (and thus the 60 FPS cap)

Anyway, if you're on 0.2, what OS and GPU are you using?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

aP|Nelg wrote:You would actually want it on Don't Wait to turn off Vsync (and thus the 60 FPS cap)
Right! Silly me, my brain resolved the typo the wrong way (of->on instead of of->off) without me even noticing there was a typo.
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Pretty sure that the newer nVidia drivers apply v-sync to any full-screen application, as might windows 10, although the latter I don't really use or know enough about to comment. Might be worth checking out.