Small AA clone with focus on one-on-one combat

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
keenPenguin
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Small AA clone with focus on one-on-one combat

Post by keenPenguin »

Playing the new grids is possible now. Here are two new grids in game form and matrix form:

keenPenguin
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by keenPenguin »

Finally I have a very first draft of an AI! You can download the build here. It should be pretty self-contained and playable, there is also a small box with the control scheme in the top left corner. I would be very excited if you guys tried it out, since this is the first genuinely playable build with an opponent.

This is single player mode only. The AI is a very first iteration: It decides turns simply by comparing distance in front, left and right direction. At this early stage it cannot use “abilities” (jump, go fast, go slow).

keenPenguin
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by keenPenguin »

An updated build (with AI and shiny tiles)! Windows build here, Linux build here, Mac build here.
You can now toggle between regular diffusive tiles and reflective tiles (like in the screenshot) through the pause menu, which can be accessed by pressing X. Then you have the option to toggle "shiny tiles: true/flase", which will update in the following round.

aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

I don't see the sour code or how it's an aa clone
edit: I looked back and looked back at z-mans post again, forgot about it
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by stephanietubesocks »

beautiful
keenPenguin
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by keenPenguin »

I started working on this after playing AA regularly with a friend. This has developed into something different, a game with more focus on abilities (jumping) and grid geometry.

My previous post contains links to Win, Mac and Linux builds. I would definitely appreciate some feedback on how the game feels and what could be improved. The build is complete with a simple AI and controls instructions, but I think the game feel could be improved. Please feel free to comment :)