3D Printed Arma Cycle

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

3D Printed Arma Cycle

Post by sinewav »

@Z-Man: What color do you want?

The cycle below is painted with Testors brand enamel. A light gray body with fluorescent orange wheels and faring. If you want fluorescent colors I also have red, pink, yellow, green, and blue. I have all the standard colors, some rare colors, and a few metallics. I can pretty much do any custom paint job you want. Took me about a week to paint this one because the fluorescent colors are thin and take at least three coats.

More pictures here.
Attachments
About the size of a USB drive
About the size of a USB drive
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: 3D Printed Arma Cycle

Post by Light »

That's awesome. Nicely done. :D You can make official trophies for arma tournaments. lol
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Heh, this is so cool sinewav - if I had time now I'd make a fluorescent white-and-blue one, or change the size a little to make a flashlight out of it (I'd put the light where the wall is supposed to come out, and print the front window separately to use it as an on/off switch)...first thing I do after finishing the master thesis, haha. Z-Man, I'm not sure if you have access to a 3D-Printer anyway thanks to your current job, but in case you don't: The public library of Cologne allows you to print small files for free :-)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Word wrote:...make a flashlight out of it...
Great idea! At it's current size you could easily make room for a circuit board with a watch battery and LED. I'm still contemplating a USB drive variation (with the portable version on Arma on it, of course). :wink: I like functional art, but I didn't spend a lot of time thinking of different things that could also be an Arma cycle. I was just so excited technology has advanced enough to make this.

I have three more of these on my workbench behind that need glue, sanding, primer, and paint, so speak up if you want one.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Well, if you're just giving them out....

I don't remember the color of my light cycle, though. I remember it being slightly more blue than red.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lucifer wrote:I remember it being slightly more blue than red.
You want me to just make my best guess? Any HEX COLORS in this forum's editor jump out at you?
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

sinewav wrote:
Lucifer wrote:I remember it being slightly more blue than red.
You want me to just make my best guess? Any HEX COLORS in this forum's editor jump out at you?
That looks pretty close. In Arma, it's 1 Red and 2 Blue.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Misery
Round Winner

Post by Misery »

Hmm... I might make an aluminum casting of that cycle one of these days.
"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
~Leonard Bernstein
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Misery wrote:Hmm... I might make an aluminum casting of that cycle one of these days.
That would be pretty cool. I would love to see someone with better modelling skills draw the Arma cycle. My model is shit. Only good enough for small, low-res plastic printing.