Ladle 107

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Monkey
Match Winner

Ladle 107

Post by Monkey »

I have altered the Ladle pages on the wiki for Ladle 107. Some things someone else will have to do (i.e. server configs). Also, now that my client is working, could someone please make me a super team leader?

Start adding teams and players! :)
Playing since December 2006
niin
Average Program

Re: Ladle 107

Post by niin »

echo.bot
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by echo.bot »

I think this one is going to be a dud. Sorry :/
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

We're on the edge of historically low turnout for Ladle 108, and that's Ok! I suggest we play it by ear and be ready to make even teams on the fly. This includes changing the team sizes if needed. If enough people show up we should do four teams of 4v4 or 5v5, or if too few show up let's do two teams of 7v7 or 8v8 and play best-of-five or something.

:) GLHF

Also, sometime in the next couple weeks I will submit my blueprint for a tournament agnostic server, which should make things more interesting around here.
breeze
Average Program

Post by breeze »

Can't this one but I should be back in August. :snail:
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Ok breeze/puzzle, thanks for the heads up :)

For now, I've added people who want to play in Ladle 107 but don't have a team to a list on the Ladle wiki page. We can sort the teams out later. I will keep adding to this list. Feel free to add yourself to this list!
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Added myself (AceX)
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Good to see you in the Ladle Convict :)

As for teams, I agree pretty much with sinewav. I'll be there an hour before the Ladle starts and we can select the teams and brackets even as close as thirty minutes before it starts. The list of players that want to play in this Ladle has grown and hopefully there will be some more added tonight. We will certainly have enough for two teams but hopefully we will have enough for more.

* * * Please come early to this Ladle so that our team creating task is made easier. Thankyou! * * *

How are we doing for servers?
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

THe usual CT and Compguygene servers are hanging around.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
echo.bot
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by echo.bot »

Nobody online :/
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Ye, well I'm waiting on an organiser... or whatever.
echo.bot wrote:Nobody online :/
echo.bot
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by echo.bot »

ConVicT wrote:Ye, well I'm waiting on an organiser... or whatever.
echo.bot wrote:Nobody online :/
For some reason I am no longer on the list of Admins. Oh well.
echo.bot
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by echo.bot »

I have admin in compguy servers. Also, compguy, if you are about could you please update your server settings to reflect Ladle 107?
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I'm online now and the ladle servers are up it seems. Even though they don't say Ladle 107, they should still work for us pretty much.
We'll wait for sinewav and others to turn up before doing the teams. I'm in one of the Ladle servers now.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

This Ladle was a shambles and until we have a better way of dealing with the Ladle (and other tournaments, which is being discussed in http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... =4&t=24597) we will have to make a few basic alterations to how it is run. For those who weren't there, we ended up playing with only two teams each of nine players (9 vs 9, well actually 10 vs 9 thanks to someone whose name I won't mention) and the choosing of the team leaders and players was chaotic, not to mention the amount of lag that occurred due to the large team sizes. I have some suggestions to discuss to improve things and then, a bit later on, we can run some polls on them. Please remember that we are now in pretty much a state of emergency as far as the Ladle is concerned and the following suggestions are only a temporary solution:
  • Team leader selection and their power- We do this via these forums, choosing people via a poll that closes on the Saturday before the Ladle at 6pm GMT. Anyone that wants to be in the poll must express their interest in being a team leader in the official forums Ladle thread by the Thursday before the Ladle at 6pm GMT. Team leaders are then chosen, in order, by how many votes they get and how many players turn up to play (the more players, the more team leaders we need and hence take from the poll). We first pick one team leader per team and then if there are any spare ones we add one more team leader to each team (or as best we can until we run out). Two team leaders per team is the maximum.Team leaders are ranked in poll order and thus in the case of any confusion, at any time, the highest ranked team leader available decides what happens and their decision is final.
  • Player selection for each team - Done via IRC (Internet Relay Chat) using randomisation by the highest ranked team leader (on the poll) that wants to do it. This is done at 6pm GMT on Ladle day (i.e. when the Ladle starts). Anyone that is late can only be added as a substitute. We could really do with a bot for this but seeing as we probably won't have one it could be done at home using two six-sided dice. To do this, write down each player's name with a number by it and roll the dice. Keep going until the teams are full (which means including some substitutes as well if there is not a multiple of six players available). I also strongly recommend that we play 6 v 6.
  • Brackets - Done immediately after the player selection for each team is complete, via IRC (Internet Relay Chat), using randomisation by a bot or at home rolling one six-side die. To do the latter, write down each team name with a number by it and roll the die. Add that team to the brackets. Keep going until all teams are on the brackets. Note that we won't have more than four teams so we would only have a bye if there is three teams. Therefore, the location of that bye will be position number four on the brackets.
Please discuss the above and/or give some suggestions of your own to discuss. I'll put some polls up in a few days time.