Ladle 106

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

vov
Match Winner

Ladle 106

Post by vov »

June 5th, 2016

I reset the teams and updated the results and meta stuff - brackets and authorities will follow when the teams are signed up. WTF will most likely be there. :-)

P.S. if you're interested in some discussion: sinewav got some nice posts on the last ladle's thread - feel free to pick it up.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Ladle 106

Post by sinewav »

vov wrote:...sinewav got some nice posts on the last ladle's thread - feel free to pick it up.
I've been working on a much larger post (one of a series) that covers a wider scope than just Ladle, but I haven't had time to make fine edits to it. I'll probably post it next month.

Can't wait to play next weekend. I've actually had time to practice! I should be done with finals by Thursday which frees up a lot of time for Arma (for about two weeks or so).
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

Thanks for the shout out on the wiki page :) Monkey will be joining us this ladle?

Btw vov thanks for picking up the organizing and bye Magi!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

nara wrote:Monkey will be joining us this ladle?

I doubt Monkey will have a working version of Arma, but just in case. Did Magi retire? How did I miss this?
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Iirc he said he's just busy on that weekend (but perhaps he really left for good?).
niin
Average Program

Post by niin »

Even if this is off topic I want to say that I am pretty sure that Magi won't leave after all these years without a word. There probably is a valid reason for this :wink:
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

Posting up as a rusty but fairly experienced free agent.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

sinewav wrote:
nara wrote:Monkey will be joining us this ladle?

I doubt Monkey will have a working version of Arma, but just in case. Did Magi retire? How did I miss this?
Sine is correct, I still don't have a working version of Arma, so the usual spiel applies. I appreciate the thought though. :)

Also, thanks vov and I hope that, as nin has pointed out, there's probably a reasonable explanation regarding Magi. :?
Playing since December 2006
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

Whoa I didn't mean to cause a stir. DRG was the one who told me Magi quit so you all can direct your questions at him :P
ubuntu_dpg

Post by ubuntu_dpg »

Monkey wrote: Sine is correct, I still don't have a working version of Arma, so the usual spiel applies. I appreciate the thought though. :)
What is broken with your version of arma? Any way to help?

Concerning ladle, I just want to say that I haven't played fort for a long time, but I think I might be able to sub for ladle.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Monkey wrote:Sine is correct, I still don't have a working version of Arma, so the usual spiel applies. I appreciate the thought though. :)
I feel like I have told you about this before, but in case .. The latest (and a few previous revisions) of the 0.4 client is available on my site.
http://lightron.org/Download
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Light wrote:
Monkey wrote:Sine is correct, I still don't have a working version of Arma, so the usual spiel applies. I appreciate the thought though. :)
I feel like I have told you about this before, but in case .. The latest (and a few previous revisions) of the 0.4 client is available on my site.
http://lightron.org/Download
Thankyou Light, however, as I may or may not have mentioned before, I'm quite capable of downloading the source myself from Launchpad using bzr. The problem is that the 0.4 client and OpenBSD (my operating system) aren't playing nicely together. The 0.4 client compiles and even runs on OpenBSD but it crashes almost immediately so it's not usable. Z-Man and possibly other devs are aware of this issue as I posted all about it in another thread. I'm sure the problem will be fixed at some point.
Playing since December 2006
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

I can't be that bad? :(
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Bytes wrote:I can't be that bad? :(
Relax. You can play on Sparks!
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Now that we got 3 teams, we can do this multiple ways:
a) take these 3 teams and fill in the double elimination brackets
b) add a 4th open team and make brackets
c) do something else than the standard procedure

I'd go with a)/b) and make the brackets probably about an hour before it starts; there should be no problem reaching the captains and maybe we'll get a 4th team. If someone else decides to do them now, feel free to do it. A potential 4th team should have no problem joining anyways. If other captains want option c) we could decide that on irc before it starts, but it could be a bit messy.

Also, since we got a captain on each team as a super leader, there'll be no auth problems - nice!