Ladle 101

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Agility
Core Dumper

Re: Ladle 101

Post by Agility »

So is double elimination here to stay?
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Agility wrote:So is double elimination here to stay?
That's for the players to decide, if people like it then probably, if people dislike it, they should voice their opinions so we can try to fix it and make it better for everyone. Double elimination clearly hates me though. :(
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Designer

Post by Designer »

Double elemination is fine,but we need to start ladle early because for EU players it is very late when it ends.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Designer wrote:Double elemination is fine,but we need to start ladle early because for EU players it is very late when it ends.
I'm not against starting early, ending at 7 pm est or later is a bit over the top. What do people think about starting at 1 pm est, 18:00 GMT? A lot of past sumo tournaments have been hosted at 1 pm and it usually works out for most people. I don't think we would want to go any earlier than that, keeping in mind that 18:00 is 10 am for people on the west coast, and in the spring it would go back to 17:00, which could interfere with European players' dinner plans.

bye
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

We lose a lot of time switching servers when assigned onew go down. That problem will work itself out in time. An earlier start would help. Ladle used to start earlier when we had more teams, and we essentially have the same amount of rounds to play as during the Ladle's peak. I support an earlier start time.

However, I would like to point out that a lot of time is wasted in Ladle by teams who have bad leadership. Go and look at yourselves in a recording. There will be two full teams sitting in a server, mazing, and not organizing themselves to play a match. We can easily shave an hour off of Ladle by having players that pay attention.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Thank you Rogues for letting me play, it was nice to see everyone again.

I didn't realize that we had switched over to double elimination, but I'm relatively indifferent as to whether or not it's beneficial to use. However, seeing how low the level of competition and participation currently is, I think it's a good idea to keep it for now.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Recordings for 0.2.8.3.3. I missed at least one game because I foolishly exited with the recorder to restart the recording just as they locked the server down. Can't remember which one and I appear to have at least bits of every match, so surprise! At least one of the recordings is incomplete.

Final final:
final_cgger_ssb_vs_rog.aarec 19420kb 1949s

Upper final:
u3_ctliv_ssb_vs_rog.aarec 25304kb 2537s

Upper semis:
u2_cgger_ssb_vs_ww.aarec 11460kb 1315s
u2_zfr_ww_vs_ssb.aarec 14340kb 1645s

Opening:
u1_kyle_saf_vs_ww_part1.aarec 24912kb 2943s
u1_zfr_saf_vs_ww_part2.aarec 4792kb 468s
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

And lower quarters:
l2_munl_ww_vs_ct.aarec 9236kb 981s
l2_muus_saf_vs_cu.aarec 13852kb 2384s

And now I realize that calling the lower bracket matches semis and quarters is totally wrong and I'm too tired to think of better names. I'll probably just go with the numbering.
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

How to turn those Tournaments recordings into .mp4?
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

[Anonymous] wrote:How to turn those Tournaments recordings into .mp4?
ffmpeg and xsession that is running the playback in it?
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

If you just want to be able to play them use the Armagetron Recorder to open the files
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

nara wrote:
If you just want to be able to play them use the Armagetron Recorder to open the files
Okay, thx
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Any more feedback/opinions on whether to start ladle earlier or not? It seems like a pretty important topic to discuss in advance, and not the day before, I'm working on resetting the challenge board for 102 as I post this.

bye
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

It's possibly already too late to start Ladle 102 any earlier. In my opinion, we need to have a poll about changing the times and let it run for a while so that everyone that would vote does vote. This all needs to be completed before a thread for the next Ladle is created.
Playing since December 2006