Pets!

Anything About Anything...
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Pets!

Post by Light »

We all have a pretty good idea of the nerdy computer stuff we're all into. How about animal lovers here? Maybe some of you could show off your pets? I'll start ..

Toph & Rini
I'm not into Sailor Moon, but I also didn't name them. I got them from a previous owner and fell in love with them. Rats are quite possibly one of the nicest pets you could possibly have. They like to keep you company, play, keep clean, and stay in a small area (cage) most of the time. Given, mine are out chasing my cats a lot. lol They love company, and are really good with my nephews and nieces who scare the shit outta all the cats we have. They're always excited to play and hang around.

Oh, and if you're wondering, it's just a hamper lid I taped up to temporarily hold water. They like to play around and go hunting for little rocks we have. I have a hell of a time finding them afterwards. lol They hide them everywhere.

Lilly
Since "being done with pets", this was my first. She was adopted from the humane society at just over two years old. She slept with me and hung out with me all the time while I was home alone. She's my big baby. :P You'd probably never see her though, since she's scared to be around most people. She's deaf and she's always been a bit more worried about people / animals being around her, though she does surprisingly well with my rats.

Lacy
My younger kitten I got when she was just a newborn about 8 weeks old. She's is a little less friendly to kids, but she loves being around adults. If she don't know you, she'll come hide with me though. She likes to hide under the covers on my bed like a little kid. lol It's cute, but I feel bad when she's that scared. I would say she's my baby too, but they all are.

Others ...
I volunteer at an animal wildlife rehabilitation center helping animals. It's mostly cleaning and feeding and keeping them company. I help take care of about 7 monkies, a lot of birds, even as big as a Macaw, an alligator (small), ferrets (may become someone's pet), kittens (currently all were taken in to forever homes), a few types of lizards, snakes (some big ones), flying squirrels, a goat, wallaby, chickens, rabbits, fox (poor guy had to have a leg removed, but he's doing well), a pig, a skunk, and a raccoon. I think I got them all. :P

I would show pictures but, I'm not technically supposed to have pictures since it's a government building and is illegal to take pictures / videos and not supposed to even have my phone in there. I can't say I've listened too well to them rules. lol I love little memory pics of them.

So, what are you guys into, and what kind of pets do you have?
takburger
Match Winner

Re: Pets!

Post by takburger »

That's my cat using my computer chair while i'm afk, he's the pro at sumo
Light

Post by Light »

So fluffy. :) My little cat climbs up the back of the chair and lays up there when I'm playing games. lol

He's cute.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

My little pup, dizzy :D Had her for about 4 or 5 months now and I think she's almost a year old. She was too cute and sweet to let live in a shelter
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Light

Post by Light »

She looks like a cutie and a great lap dog. TV buddies? :P
Iris
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Iris »

Back home i got 2 talking parrots.

Rudko, the senegal parrot, he is now 12 years old. We saved him from burning house of my friend. Since then he is pulling his feathers out, but he is happy and love to destroy our furniture. He can also rap with his head , watch here >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZViOffORtBw

Victoria, the blue headed amazon parrot. She is 8 years old. She can say lot's of things but the best i taught her is when she sings "I am a Victoria and i am a green parrot" :)

Since i moved to the capital city, i am taking care of this 3 color chihuahua. His name is Lucio and he is from italy. He is little bit aggressive to a strangers and barks a lot at my roomates :D

He loves to sit under the table and looking at me like "Are you playing tron again????"

Light

Post by Light »

Almost looks like a parrot we have. Milo says a good 5 different things, but my favorite is "peek-a-boooo" in his high pitched voice. :P After all that time, I still talk to him a lot when I'm in the room. He gets all excited. lol He even dances to music. :D

And now I know what your toes look like. Tronning in toeless slippers? :P
Light

Post by Light »

Time for an update. :) Since posting this, I've moved twice and got with a wonderful girl who had a cat. I took in a rattie that wasn't able to be properly taken care of or given attention, and she's come a long way. I've also gotten two baby rats, just over a month old.

Lucy
This is the cute little calico my girlfriend brought along. She's so loving and has seemed to be tons happier since living with my cats as she now has someone she loves to play with and no longer gets into fights or has to battle for food. She always wants to cuddle, until about 01:30 which she chooses to be playtime. She loses that battle to my inability to wake in the middle of the night.

Romeo
Since moving to Columbus, I fell in love with this cutie. She's a stray cat that tends to get pushed around by the two larger cats in my area, and I've taken it upon myself to help her get her daily food and water without having to struggle. She'll stick around my cats at the door for hours on end, and even became a Halloween decoration. lol She now gets very high quality food and my goal before moving away from here is to get her spayed and up to date on shots so she can find a good home.

She kind'a got her name before we figured out the sex, which we're still unsure about. From the way she carries herself, I am guessing female, but my girlfriend still thinks male. Either way, she's an adorable little cat.

Boris
This amazing little puppy is a foster dog we took in for a little. He was part of the prison program where he got to spend 12 weeks with a prisoner and came out a fully trained dog. He listens so well and always wanted love and attention. Perfect friend to have laying on the couch with you while you watch TV, or to go to bed with. He slept the whole way through the night and never woke me. He could ring a bell when he has to go to the bathroom, and loved going on walks / runs with me. I wish I could have kept him forever, but our work schedules don't allow us to have a dog at all times.

Milo & Remy
These are the cute little boys that recently joined our family. They are just over a month old and they're the start of my switch over to only having male rats. In a few weeks, they'll be old enough to be neutered and will move in with my two girls. Toph is getting old and I don't want Dexter to be alone, as they're very social and become depressed when left alone. These two are always cuddling with each other, and I'm sure the girls will be happy to have more of that. Noting's cuter than a rat pile.

The two levels are currently blocked off because they're technically able to impregnate my females. I cannot have them breeding, and I'm not sure the girls could survive that at their age anyways. They're sporting monkeys now and some nice green blizzard fleece. All polyester of course.

Dexter
Almost forgot one. She is the rattie I adopted because of the owner being unable to take care of her. She didn't easily let her go, but let her stay after a "temporary" stay and she realized she is going to have a better home and get the foods she needs. She was underweight and had a sort of abused personality. She was unable to be held and would bite. She's now the most gentle rattie I've ever met and is very loving. She is the only one though to not want free time outside of the cage very often. Even so, she now has friends and she appears to be quite happy. Soon she'll be able to help the boys learn to use the litter box.

Rini
Sadly the day has come that Rinii had to be put down. She quickly grew many tumors and was too old to have that kind of surgery done. Along with her respiratory issues, and she appeared to start being in pain, the best thing I could do for her is to let her go. I loved her and she is very missed.
Last edited by Light on Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savage
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Savage »

image.jpg

This is Fillip, i adopted him when i was 12
Image Image Image Image Image
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

<3 cat and my pup of 6 months old.