The time has come: Ladle 100 [HYPE]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Magi
Match Winner

Re: The time has come: Ladle 100 [HYPE]

Post by Magi »

algid wrote:I'll get insa boys..though he doesn't want to go through the effort of re downloading the game..I'll try my best

magic

sasafras

force
I can message sasa on skype and see if he's up for it, as for magic/vital I know a few people have contact info of his and have seen him around every now and then so I'll look around, and I'll message force, I've also messaged oddeuro and matoso and others, people with emails or Facebooks should try messaging players too
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Pre wrote:And maybe we can someone have stream the whole thing and do interviews and stuff? I recall something like that happening before, that was pretty good. That would be a good way to kill the time at least and something to watch and do for the people eliminated.
No promises yet, but I might stream this Ladle on twitch. I'm currently running quality tests on http://www.twitch.tv/manicpikey/profile and I'm able to do it at something like 720p@30fps or 480p@60fps with decent quality and not much lag. I will try to stream live every time I'm online for the rest of the week and SBT too, so feedback is welcome.

No Ladle commentary from me though, but if anyone can do it in nice and organised way, something like Sinewav, Liz, Dreadlord and Elmo did at Bowl 2, I'll gladly add it to the stream.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

Nuby and orly? are in. I'll keep you updated.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

pike wrote:something like Sinewav, Liz, Dreadlord and Elmo did at Bowl 2, I'll gladly add it to the stream.
dude i will stream and commentate with sinewav just so i can call him out the entire time

but thats not the point is it

otherwise i could probably stream and commentate with someone else even though tron is ******* boring and you literally cant say anything interesting about the gameplay

tl;dr ill stream ladle 100 even though i hate you all
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Vogue wrote:
pike wrote:something like Sinewav, Liz, Dreadlord and Elmo did at Bowl 2, I'll gladly add it to the stream.
dude i will stream and commentate with sinewav just so i can call him out the entire time
I'd enjoy this more than I'm willing to admit
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

So we're less than 2 weeks away from this ladle, have we made a decision on what to do regarding double elimination? If there's no clear yes or no I think the best way would be to settle it by asking the team leaders from ladle 99, I'd like to see it set before brackets are actually made next week so we know what we're dealing with

bye
DaWg

Post by DaWg »

Instead or using double elimination just play to 150 or 200 with best of 3 for a longer ladle.
puma.
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by puma. »

DaWg wrote:Instead or using double elimination just play to 150 or 200 with best of 3 for a longer ladle.
Well the point of double elimination is to give teams that lose on round 1 a second chance to play and/or win. But making matches 'first to 150/200' won't help losing teams have another chance, it'll most likely just make the matches less tight/intense.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

DaWg wrote:Instead or using double elimination just play to 150 or 200 with best of 3 for a longer ladle.
CTF Brawl tried something similar to this..personally for me it felt dragged on, and there are times where matches should not go longer. The score is fine.

bye
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Let, s not make any changes for ladle 100. We want this to go smooth and as returning players would expect a ladle to be. Let, s try double elimination in Ladle 101.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Well, I already told Hamar and Six that it's likely to be double-elimination and they check the forums as far as I know. So if you have contacted old players, just inform them about this too? I'm not sure whether double-elimination will be as a big a problem as some of you make it out to be (but I do understand your concerns). And there's enough time for the team captains to inform their teams' oldies before and during the first two games; they just need to do it. If they don't, their problem. Perhaps that'll make them pay more attention in the future.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I agree with compguygene on this, I think leave double elimination for ladle 101 for the reasons stated.
Playing since December 2006
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Okay well here's my perspective on it, we're getting all these old players back and there will probably be teams with less organization, some rustiness and just wanting to play and have fun. Well then one of these teams of oldies gets matched up against tier 1 team and boom eliminated, well that's done. All this hype for 30 minutes of playing, somehow I don't see that as being fun/worth dedicating an entire day to coming back. Whereas double elimination guarantees everyone at least 2 matches versus different teams and players, it might be more chaotic, and it could backfire, but what's wrong with trying? People are worried about this dragging on, well as far as I'm concerned as long as everyone is having fun and enjoying it, what's so bad with that?

bye
Pre
Average Program

Post by Pre »

i have enough faith in the community that i think that 1 of the at least 12 players know what double elimination is and what to do/ where to go.. one reason for people having lost interest in ladle is that it's not evolving anymore.. so do we wanna show them the same tournament concept that they got bored or show them something a little more exciting/fun? also, complaining about it dragging on is kind of stupid considering we once had 20 teams competing in ladle, and double elimination will not really be much longer than that
niin
Average Program

Post by niin »

I totally agree with Magi and Pre. We should try it this ladle and let the oldies see that things are still evolving. And getting away from it again seems way easier than getting to it (maybe while ladle is going ?)