The Tronic News

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

The Tronic News

Post by compguygene »

After too long of a time with no news site for Armagetron, I have decided to start one. There is only one post for now, an introduction one, and other features to the site to come. But, it is a site.

The site is http://www.tronic.news

Please check it out, comment, etc.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Vogue
Match Winner

Re: The Tronic News

Post by Vogue »

there is literally no news in tron and this will die very soon, i give it a few weeks before its dead

tron gossip tho? that was amazing, whoever made that should bring it back
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Vogue wrote:there is literally no news in tron and this will die very soon, i give it a few weeks before its dead
No offense intended towards you Gene, the idea and thought is nice but Liz is kind of right, there isn't really much news to be had on Tron as of late. Not much clan recruitment or wars to be had. Tournaments are really the only news that goes around and we have the forums for that. I did however recently find that armagetron has a subreddit. I don't know if there's any interest in trying to use that subreddit and make it more popular. Even people just posting "Looking to play some fortress at 3 pm, meet in Megafort if you want to play" to spark some interest in public activity could be nice. I think we're far too pampered with our server browsers these days that we check them, see no one online and don't bother to get on ourselves, creating an effect where more and more people don't get on cause no one is on. Like I said though, not sure if there's any interest in the subreddit or not, there's also a Tron subreddit that is somewhat active, the thought of advertising Arma there wouldn't be such a bad idea, maybe recruit a few players into our community.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

Instead of making a Tron News site, do something useful like a YouTube channel.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Magi wrote:Even people just posting "Looking to play some fortress at 3 pm, meet in Megafort if you want to play" to spark some interest in public activity could be nice. I think we're far too pampered with our server browsers these days that we check them, see no one online and don't bother to get on ourselves, creating an effect where more and more people don't get on cause no one is on.
this is so true. I always thought we should somehow try to organise these casual games, and I'm down for this. but I'm not sure how many people here actually use reddit?
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I don't think it matters which medium is used to attempt to make Armagetron more popular again. If compguygene prefers to write a blog, then so be it. And if you already lament that there's nothing left to talk about, how would a youtube channel help?
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

Word wrote:I don't think it matters which medium is used to attempt to make Armagetron more popular again. If compguygene prefers to write a blog, then so be it. And if you already lament that there's nothing left to talk about, how would a youtube channel help?
I'd honestly do it myself but most of my computers are slow as ****. We could post Ladle as well as SBT's on YouTube. Provide links in the description etc. People subscribe to bs I think we can do better.
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

part of why trontimes went down was because nothing actually happened that was worth mentioning.

gl with it though
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

I see.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Vogue wrote:there is literally no news in tron and this will die very soon, i give it a few weeks before its dead
If tron is dead or almost dead, then why are you here? Why do you continue to play the ladle? Why do you continue to post on the forums? You are not trying to revive it, but yet deep down it seams as if you care about tron and want it to live on, so quit being so condescending towards the game. Do something to make it stay. You may be shunned by the fort community right now, but if you change your overall attitude and outlook towards the game, maybe they will let you back in.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

kyle wrote:...it seems as if you care...
Whoa, whoa, settle down there Captain Obvious. Don't embarrass her, she might call it harassment.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

sinwav, you just reminded me of my little sister when she made faces at me when I was a kid. :o
Venijn
Round Winner

Post by Venijn »

I'll help

-------------------------------------
Click. Image
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

kyle wrote:
If tron is dead or almost dead, then why are you here? Why do you continue to play the ladle? Why do you continue to post on the forums? You are not trying to revive it, but yet deep down it seams as if you care about tron and want it to live on, so quit being so condescending towards the game. Do something to make it stay. You may be shunned by the fort community right now, but if you change your overall attitude and outlook towards the game, maybe they will let you back in.
You're so in your feelings. Vogue is just another imbecile but together as the Tron community we once were, we can change him for the better!!!!!!!!
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Not everyone checks here and there's definitely a void since the last one went down
If it was more like an informal hub with a more casual approach to topics etc. there would be more activity on it
Something like an amalgamation of the blog format with no register comments and reddit style disscussion/topic variety, if that exists