DDoS again

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

DDoS again

Post by ConVicT »

Every time there is a DDoS attack on a server, the culprits seem to migrate to Submarine servers (just something I've noticed).
So, my server just went down, it's and Rx hosted London server.
Everyone that was playing in the server at the time went over to the other server as to continue playing.
But a few new names showed up, names that have been accused of it in the past.
Let me show you:
Attachments
I'm sure there are more there than I circled, but they don't stick out to me.
I'm sure there are more there than I circled, but they don't stick out to me.
Last edited by ConVicT on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Re: DDoS again

Post by ConVicT »

The only reason I'm suspicious of Torn is because of £n.
So maybe you can scratch that. I mean he could've just followed his buddies.
I still think if it's them, he's in on it.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

ConVicT wrote:The only reason I'm suspicious of Torn is because of £n.
So maybe you can scratch that. I mean he could've just followed his buddies.
I still think if it's them, he's in on it.
£n is/was supposed to just be a dogfight/ctf clan that just so happens to have rookie as the leader. I don't think torn is in anyway actually involved in DDoS, but that doesn't mean he doesn't hear the stories and probably laughs at them. They used to talk about all sorts of things that happened on the forums/or what they did that day when Happy Fun Time was still up. Nonetheless I doubt Torn is actually involved in it in any harmful way.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

Torn doesnt DDOS sorry an I was in 6 Flags amusement park today. Point the finger at the obvious suspect.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

I know this is a noob question but - how does Tron server look like when it gets DDOS-ed? Does it crash? Or does it still run, only it's really laggy for the users?
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Slov wrote:I know this is a noob question but - how does Tron server look like when it gets DDOS-ed? Does it crash? Or does it still run, only it's really laggy for the users?
Well from my experience with it, it gets really laggy, you slide a bunch and everyone starts saying "lag" and you then notice your posts aren't sending, then slowly but surely "You have timed out." and everyone migrates to another server. Another way I've seen it is it just gets really laggy and the server barely holds up but it's so unplayable that everyone leaves anyways.

bye
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Magi wrote:
Slov wrote:I know this is a noob question but - how does Tron server look like when it gets DDOS-ed? Does it crash? Or does it still run, only it's really laggy for the users?
Well from my experience with it, it gets really laggy, you slide a bunch and everyone starts saying "lag" and you then notice your posts aren't sending, then slowly but surely "You have timed out." and everyone migrates to another server. Another way I've seen it is it just gets really laggy and the server barely holds up but it's so unplayable that everyone leaves anyways.
Ah ok, thanks for the answer. So an average user can't really tell the difference between a random lag on the server and DDOS? Only if an admin looks it up in the logs or something? (Something like this happened yesterday in Empha's, that's why I'm wondering) How long does DDOS last? Is it up to the guy who's controlling it?
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Slov wrote: Ah ok, thanks for the answer. So an average user can't really tell the difference between a random lag on the server and DDOS? Only if an admin looks it up in the logs or something? (Something like this happened yesterday in Empha's, that's why I'm wondering) How long does DDOS last? Is it up to the guy who's controlling it?
You may not realize it's a DDoS at first, but a DDoS will most likely crash the server, if the server is just lagging and it stops, it could just be a small attack or the server itself, not an actual DDoS. If they had the bots for it they could make an attack last a long time if they wanted to. Most of what has been occurring on tron has just been small attacks towards servers to crash them, then when people switch servers they target the new one.

bye
dukevin
Round Winner

Post by dukevin »

My servers are under constant ddos. So much so that my Texas server (with happy fun time) can never come online. My host null-routes me for months whenever it happens and as soon as the null-route is lifted they attack it again. All I can say is that this has made me find other hobbies other than Tron, which is very unfortunate.
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

Damn Twee. HFT was actually Trapping new players on Tron. You ****** up homie.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

dukevin wrote:All I can say is that this has made me find other hobbies other than Tron, which is very unfortunate.
It's quite sad that it's coming to this. And for what; a cheap laugh?
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

Anyone associated with DDOS should be babned from ladle an every other Tron tourney.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

This is the exact same smarmy bs you get away with when you say sorry to chrisd.
Am I the only person that sees this?
[Anonymous] wrote:Anyone associated with DDOS should be babned from ladle an every other Tron tourney.
Translation:
It's me, you know it's me, but I'm getting away with it. You know why I'm getting away with it; it's because you're gullible, and I know it!
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

ConVicT wrote:This is the exact same smarmy bs you get away with when you say sorry to chrisd.
Am I the only person that sees this?
[Anonymous] wrote:Anyone associated with DDOS should be babned from ladle an every other Tron tourney.
Translation:
It's me, you know it's me, but I'm getting away with it. You know why I'm getting away with it; it's because you're gullible, and I know it!
If you think I DDOS fine. Ban me from Tron. I'll play the role of Jesus an take the sacrifice.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I know that you can speak perfect English when you want to.
I know you can DDoS fine, you're doing it all the time.
That wasn't supposed to rhyme, but you show us all the time, that you're not trustworthy, and truly commit the crime!