Changing input configuration...for the master list?

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Magi
Match Winner

Changing input configuration...for the master list?

Post by Magi »

As the title suggests, is there any way to change your configuration to what buttons browse the master list, or tron menus in general. My down arrow key hasn't worked for about a year now due to overheating issues with my laptop. I had been getting by with my up arrow searching through but recently my dog decided "hey, I don't like your keyboard" and voila my up arrow key is now missing. I'd rather not have to make a macro to browse the menus, so wondering if there's any way to edit this.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
vov
Match Winner

Re: Changing input configuration...for the master list?

Post by vov »

Numpad arrows FTW!
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Magi wrote:As the title suggests, is there any way to change your configuration to what buttons browse the master list, or tron menus in general. My down arrow key hasn't worked for about a year now due to overheating issues with my laptop. I had been getting by with my up arrow searching through but recently my dog decided "hey, I don't like your keyboard" and voila my up arrow key is now missing. I'd rather not have to make a macro to browse the menus, so wondering if there's any way to edit this.
Consider replacing your laptop's keyboard with another compatible one. If you don't want it to overheat in the first place, be sure there is a proper airflow through the computer, and that the fan isn't clogged with dirt. Make sure the CPU is firmly attached to the heat sink (with the thermal paste in the middle).
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Sorry, no, there is no way to remap those keys in the game. If you're unable to solve the hardware problem, you'll have to hack the keymap on the OS level.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

aP|Nelg wrote: Consider replacing your laptop's keyboard with another compatible one. If you don't want it to overheat in the first place, be sure there is a proper airflow through the computer, and that the fan isn't clogged with dirt. Make sure the CPU is firmly attached to the heat sink (with the thermal paste in the middle).
The overheating is no longer a problem, I fixed that a year ago, unfortunately it had already done its damage, since there is some relatively messed up pieces to my keyboard I think I'm just going to look into getting it replaced, they're only like 15 bucks.
Z-Man wrote:Sorry, no, there is no way to remap those keys in the game. If you're unable to solve the hardware problem, you'll have to hack the keymap on the OS level.
Alright well I'll just get by with remapping the keys through autohotkey, thanks anyways though

bye
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Maybe you know how to compile the source? Then you can edit the following file. This should be the fix to your issue. Well, at least the fix you're looking for.

ui/uMenu.cpp

Code: Select all

Line 412: case(SDLK_UP):

Line 416: case(SDLK_DOWN):
Note, the line numbers may differ a little for you, but that should get you close enough.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

I get the feeling I might just break more stuff, thanks for looking into it anyways though Light :D

bye
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Magi wrote:I get the feeling I might just break more stuff, thanks for looking into it anyways though Light :D
If you already compile the source to get the game, it's a very small change to what you already do. I guess you have the other option of keymapping though. Just thought I'd give a bit of an easier idea to just avoid them all together.

Good luck.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

most joystick configuration programs offer keyboard equivalents, and also offer you to use the keyboard as the joypad.

Just a thought