ID is flooding the server list with shitty clones.

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

ID is flooding the server list with shitty clones.

Post by /dev/null »

There are as of this moment five servers with the same id kids on it, all of who are robots and never play.

I advise the banhammer.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Re: ID is flooding the server list with shitty clones.

Post by ConVicT »

This post just reminded me of this.
BiggySmalls
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by BiggySmalls »

Do you mean iD tech camp?

Not bots, 12 year olds.
Fennel

Post by Fennel »

Hello,

I'm from iD. We had someone from the community reach out to us to inform us as to what is going on in the public servers. I just wanted to say that we really appreciated being notified, and have been working with our Regional Managers to get the word out that we need to re-enforce a couple our policies. The first policy is that our students should never be on public servers, and the second is that they should always behaving in a manner as befits a good digital citizen. -Trash talk or trollish behavior is never acceptable.

We’ve been playing Armagetron every summer for years (I've been playing for seven), and we love the game. As BiggySmalls was saying, not bots, just nine year olds.

We appreciate your time and consideration,

Fennel
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

iD Tech Camps are welcome to the Tron Community any day!
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Yeah, I remember the iD kids first showing up maybe 2006? Then they were around for quite awhile with their own servers and clan. Can't really recall what I thought of them at the time, just that they were mostly uber-high rubber players. I haven't played since they've shown up this year, but thanks, Fennel, for cracking down on their reportedly crappy behavior—although it should be said, many people in our own community are rather immature and crappy as well, and need to take it upon themselves to behave better, too.
FroZen
Average Program

Post by FroZen »

Some of the oldest tron players originated in iD camps or similar classrooms. That's probably the only way this game will get any new blood. Welcome them!
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

FroZen wrote:Some of the oldest tron players originated in iD camps or similar classrooms. That's probably the only way this game will get any new blood. Welcome them!
Indeed.