..D.o.g.F.i.g.h.t.. Settings

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
vov
Match Winner

Re: ..D.o.g.F.i.g.h.t.. Settings

Post by vov »

Actually, when I was trying to do this I had to use two commands

Code: Select all

CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE	0.4 
CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE_GAP 0.2 
Yeah, those look nice, I'd use those. :-)
_mindistance_gap is a ratio so it should work the same with any _mindistance, though it should graphically look a lot nicer with _mindistance 0.4 than with default _mindistance (and _mindistance_gap at 0.2 or maybe 0.3 probably works better than 0.4 as well with the complex tunnel traps commonly used on those physics).

Edit: quoted for page break. Also please ignore the spam bot, this forum is for support. :-)
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

ConVicT wrote:People would have known, they just couldn't be bothered to post.

You should ask yourself: What made the server what it was (rubber, brakes, speed, etc)?
If you know what it was you liked about it then it shouldn't be difficult for you to copy.

Commands

If I could remember what it was like, I could easily do it for you.
Was it like "Tron Trek"?

Edit: link didn't work.

Was on this server today, but the server shows no resemblance at all :oops:.

As you said yourself, looks like I will need to redevelop and make these settings again. Maybe if I am lucky, I will be able to find some kind of screenshots with the settings like I have done with Immortal Dystany's Tilt High Rubber server.

Wishful thinking if i may say so myself :P..
As always, thanks for the help though! Just remembered a good friend of mine, Solar use to keep tons of settings of various servers, I will try to email him and see if he could give me some insight.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

No resemblance at all? It does so (why I asked). I slightly remember the server and it resembles it a lot!
Not much difference IMO, maybe just 'cause I think they both suck/sucked, but there's a lot there for a basic mold of what you want.

I'm lost here.
How did you get screenshots of settings?

Did someone say "here are the settings": (attached .PNG)?
Why would anyone do that, instead of just giving you .cfg's?

I would say laziness, but I rule that out as they already have the .cfg if they're able to take pictures of it.
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

ConVicT wrote:No resemblance at all? It does so (why I asked). I slightly remember the server and it resembles it a lot!
Not much difference IMO, maybe just 'cause I think they both suck/sucked, but there's a lot there for a basic mold of what you want.

I'm lost here.
How did you get screenshots of settings?

Did someone say "here are the settings": (attached .PNG)?
Why would anyone do that, instead of just giving you .cfg's?

I would say laziness, but I rule that out as they already have the .cfg if they're able to take pictures of it.

Maybe it has a lot of resemblance to servers like ID's DOGFIGHT or VCLs DOGFIGHT but this server was very unique and by screenshots I mean taking pictures of the settings change on my client which is what I have done in the past for servers I enjoyed.

This server was a bit slow, wide binds, infinite brake, high rubber, practically the opposite of the server Tron Trek :P.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

heh dogfight.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Just to put in my 2 cents. This server existed before

CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE_GAP
existed as a setting. In fact, it wasn't really a loose dogfight server, and loose players would always complain about being stabbed and trapped. That was one of the virtues of this old server. No rules, play as you want, get kills. It was D.O.G.F.I.G.H.T. , not tight or loose dogfight. I think new players liked it for the lack of rules. When I would play there they said as much. If you are going to revive this server in some form, please don't ruin the original concept with rules other than the server settings, and don't use CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE_GAP.
There should be nothing wrong with people getting trapped and killed.
Last edited by compguygene on Sat May 09, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Good point, I thought from other posts that it used the setting (and I &"§%ing like tunneling :p). Scrap it. :-)
xXSyagehtllikXx
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by xXSyagehtllikXx »

compguygene wrote:Just to put in my 2 cents. This server existed before

existed as a settings. In fact, it wasn't really a loose dogfight server, and loose players would always complain about being stabbed and trapped. That was one of the virtues of this old servers. No rules, play as you want, get kills. It was D.O.G.F.I.G.H.T. , not tight or loose dogfight. I think new players liked it for the lack of rules. When I would play there they said as much. If you are going to revive this server in some form, please don't ruin the original concept with rules other than the server settings, and don't use CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE_GAP.
+7
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

compguygene wrote:Just to put in my 2 cents. This server existed before

existed as a setting. In fact, it wasn't really a loose dogfight server, and loose players would always complain about being stabbed and trapped. That was one of the virtues of this old server. No rules, play as you want, get kills. It was D.O.G.F.I.G.H.T. , not tight or loose dogfight. I think new players liked it for the lack of rules. When I would play there they said as much. If you are going to revive this server in some form, please don't ruin the original concept with rules other than the server settings, and don't use CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE_GAP.
My intention was never to edit the rules of this server as I have said before, it was nothing like loose dogfight, which made it unique with the server having no particular rules and its popularity. I would love to revive this server because It was one of the first servers I have played on and loved, Phytotron came in with this false conception of what he felt this server was like with vov and several other players mentioning

CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE_GAP.  
This topic has gone from trying to find the settings for this server to debating on loose dogfight which is what this server is certainly not, haha.

I will try to remake this server when I get the time.
vov
Match Winner

Re: ..D.o.g.F.i.g.h.t..

Post by vov »

ChiefKeefOTF wrote:Those settings didn't take much just basic Loose Setting with twice as much rubber and infinit brakes.
This is what I had read. Which apparently is completely wrong.
xXSyagehtllikXx
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by xXSyagehtllikXx »

vov wrote:
ChiefKeefOTF wrote:Those settings didn't take much just basic Loose Setting with twice as much rubber and infinit brakes.
This is what I had read. Which apparently is completely wrong.
It isn't, you're just a ******* dick head; no one asked for your midistance bullshit ****** take that shit somewhere else.
P.S: Their is a reason why Loose players dont use that setting.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

xXSyagehtllikXx wrote:It isn't, you're just a ******* dick head; no one asked for your midistance bullshit ****** take that shit somewhere else. P.S: There is a reason why Loose players dont use that setting.
And you think getting super-defensive and resorting to expletives will help? Now I can't know whether you're a false-flag troll or whether dog fight is actually important to you, but either way you're a dumb crybaby insulting a guy who, unlike you, provides support here. Oh, and the reason dog fight players don't use that setting is that 99% of them are terrible at "playing open" when the settings don't allow anything else. Grow up.
ChiefKeefOTF

Post by ChiefKeefOTF »

Word wrote:
xXSyagehtllikXx wrote:It isn't, you're just a ******* dick head; no one asked for your midistance bullshit ****** take that shit somewhere else. P.S: There is a reason why Loose players dont use that setting.
And you think getting super-defensive and resorting to expletives will help? Now I can't know whether you're a false-flag troll or whether dog fight is actually important to you, but either way you're a dumb crybaby insulting a guy who, unlike you, provides support here. Oh, and the reason dog fight players don't use that setting is that 99% of them are terrible at "playing open" when the settings don't allow anything else. Grow up.
I don't know about bro being super defensive but Word that isn't the reason at all. Let's go back to what LittleSteps asked for?
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

ChiefKeefOTF wrote:Let's go back to what LittleSteps asked for?
Well, clearly no one has them, or they don't care enough to post.
We only tried to help.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Word wrote:Now I can't know whether you're a false-flag troll or...
The fact that his name backwards spells "Kill the gays" should clear that up.
Playing since December 2006