Rx sumo/fort

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Rx sumo/fort

Post by Word »

Z-Man is right. A reliable indicator for a society's preference of barbarism over civilization is how it treats their outlaws and rejects. :roll:
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

yes..... rx will soon find out my real identity. A glorious day it shall be. Muhahaha!

I will follow Worf to his end, and I will end in Stovikore (or however it's spelled).

I AM KLINGON!!!!!
Attachments
realmeevillaugh.gif
realmeevillaugh.gif (350.97 KiB) Viewed 3737 times
Last edited by Lucifer on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Just being a random asshole, and this is fun, anyway
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

LOL

It will be a glorious day xD
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

Word wrote:Z-Man is right. A reliable indicator for a society's preference of barbarism over civilization is how it treats their outlaws and rejects. :roll:
You're missing the whole point.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

No, y'all are missing the point.

She's been banned for the next 19587374 Ladles, and she's raising a team for the next one.

This math is easy. I won't do it for you, YOU figure it out.

(And I really enjoyed editing this thread)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Last edited by Lucifer on Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just being a random asshole, and this is fun, anyway
...tsk tsk tsk.
I read the original post; there was no reason to edit it.
At least you admit to thinking it's fun to abuse your moderator status.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Durf wrote:
...tsk tsk tsk.
So, let me see if I've got this straight.

1. Liz makes a post announcing the formation of a new clan and the intent to field a Ladle team, and that she won't join the Ladle team until after her ban expires.
2. People jump her shit for it to a point that requires Z-man to edit posts.
3. And the only moral problem you have with the behavior in this thread is that I edited Liz's last post?

You do have a working moral compass, right? One that leads you to abhor bullying behavior and ignore innocuous jokes?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
xXSyagehtllikXx
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by xXSyagehtllikXx »

Lucifer wrote:
Durf wrote:
...tsk tsk tsk.

1. Liz makes a post announcing the formation of a new clan and the intent to field a Ladle team, and that she won't join the Ladle team until after her ban expires.
3. And the only moral problem you have with the behavior in this thread is that I edited Liz's last post?

You do have a working moral compass, right? One that leads you to abhor bullying behavior and ignore innocuous jokes?
Blah blah blah she won't even have a ladle team
Cased Closed; Next Topic
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Lucifer wrote:
Durf wrote:
...tsk tsk tsk.

Let me keep this simple for you since you insist on making your delusional assumptions (this isn't the first time you've come to such random conclusions from nothing):
- My post's words are simple. There was no valid reason for you to edit the post as moderator. Easy to understand.
- The previous actions of Liz and their criminal record shouldn't have an effect on how you decide to moderate them (are you trying to be unfair?)
- The "moral" issue I have is related to a greater pattern of your abusive behavior; you allow yourself the leniency to be a bad moderator (you mistake being "human" as being a terrible moderator; humans try to improve and be better than they were yesterday - if not, they typically aren't the type to be selected for moderator. Know why? Your kind of actions; that's why.)

Next time Lucifer, try to be less delusional when posting a reply; read what was actually typed and respond to that (you're really making yourself look worse by making assumptions - like you assumed you can just edit a user's post for no reason. Stop the pattern that causes moderator abuse).
You managed to make an ass of yourself 3 times over from 3 (really 2) lines of text; way to go "moderator". Real sensible.

Fact:
- the post had no reason to be edited
- you made the decision to edit it as a moderator
- that is abusive

Note what Z-Man says:
Nowhere do we claim mods will be paragons of virtue all of the time. We are, most of the time, just regular forum users and should be allowed to have a little fun.
And this is understandable. So the USER thing to do would be to quote the previous post, and "fix" it with bolded text (like other users have been doing).
Your actions were a blatant assertion of your status over regular users...and for what?
You only went on your spree of making stupid posts (and editing the above one) after I raised your competence as a moderator into question.
The smart thing for you to do would have been to just be a good moderator such that there wouldn't be any reason for anyone to doubt your ability...not the opposite. You only proved why you're under scrutiny.

If you don't claim to be paragons of virtue, then learn when you've made a mistake and when it's more appropriate (as moderator) to admit to them instead of trying to justify a mistake and making things a whole lot worse for yourself. (people can see it as a mistake, so the more you try to justify it, the more you seem like a tyrannical bigot)
Otherwise the moderators find it acceptable to change a user's words (overwriting their own voice, taking away rights) without reason? On a whim? Because it amuses them?
Please, just because I'm the person to point out an obvious problem that needs solving; doesn't mean I have emotional investment into this, nor does it mean I care in the slightest about Lucifer.
That being said, even you moderators should care a little about the kind of forum being run here.

So why not clarify for everyone, what valid reason was there for Lucifer to take moderator action on another user's post? (the above one)
Show everyone how this isn't just one of many examples of your abuse Lucifer.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Are you serious? I don't give a shit if my posts get edited. Get off your high horse, nerd.
Maldor
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Maldor »

you are banned. nobody cares about you vogue so pls stop posting
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Basically what Maldor said ^

Stop trying to make everything about you.

Whether or not you care if your posts was edited or if you are abused by a moderator, the fact remains that it was moderator abuse.

This means that there is a moderator that has an effect on EVERY user, not just yourself.

Funny, how the moderators become speechless and are unable to answer a simple question.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Yeah, you're posting a 1000 word essay in every thread over the most trivial things and I'm making everything about me.
Attachments
giphy.gif
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Yes, actually, because you focused on your personal perception of the issue and even tried to dismiss the concern entirely on that basis.
I'm raising a concern from the perspective of "any and all users" no matter who they are (which includes me, yes).

The length is irrelevant to it being "all about me" or not.

Stop bringing up stupid things like the length of my posts; it has already been proven how you aren't credible to have an opinion if you don't understand what's been said. It's also been proven that you will read thousands and thousands of words in multiple posts, yet, if a single post has more than the amount of words you expected, you flip out. All in all, stop hating.

Even if you don't care if your post was edited or if you get abused by a moderator, you should still be able to appreciate someone taking steps to ensure that no one is mistreated (granted you don't have to care - but you're doing the opposite of not caring; you're basically getting mad over nothing that concerns you personally).

Plus, I'm pretty sure (regardless of your credibility) no one cares what you think is "trivial" or not. (Like I say to others: you don't have to get yourself involved)
Maldor
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Maldor »

vogue shh, stahp talking