resource.armagetronad.net is down

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
vov
Match Winner

Re: resource.armagetronad.net is down

Post by vov »

It (and your other stuff too) was down/unreachable when I posted, and I crashed a server because of it :mrgreen: . Thanks for bringing it back though!
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

vov wrote:It (and your other stuff too) was down/unreachable when I posted, and I crashed a server because of it :mrgreen: . Thanks for bringing it back though!
Oh, I know when you're talking about. That won't happen again though. I accidentally deleted my DNS client when I deleted my downloads folder. Sorry about that.

I will have my server back soon here .. Getting my dead 1000w PSU back from brother in a couple days, hoping that'll power it. It might still have enough in it for that.
Light

Post by Light »

Tank Program wrote:It's up, but maybe broken again?
I think it's just you? My girlfriend tried it on her computer, and BrowserShots seems to see it correctly.
http://browsershots.org/http://resource ... /resource/

You could try doing CTRL+F5. Maybe your stylesheet is outdated or messed up somehow? What browser / OS you running? Looks like Windows & Firefox, which is what I have ATM, and checked on BS.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Linux, Firefox 24. It appears that line-height isn't supported for type input before Firefox 30, see here. In this instance you can replace the line-height setting with padding-top: 115px and get the same effect. At least that checks out with Firefox and Chromium locally. Alternatively I think you can replace input with button. Oh well, I suppose I don't really expect this to be fixed, and I won't really be using the site anyway.
Light

Post by Light »

Tank Program wrote:Linux, Firefox 24. It appears that line-height isn't supported for type input before Firefox 30, see here. In this instance you can replace the line-height setting with padding-top: 115px and get the same effect. At least that checks out with Firefox and Chromium locally. Alternatively I think you can replace input with button. Oh well, I suppose I don't really expect this to be fixed, and I won't really be using the site anyway.
I can fix line height with top margin as you said. I didn't know older browser's didn't really support it.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Reading the text of the bug report, it's not so much that it "wasn't supported" but instead a strict interpretation of the standards meant it shouldn't be. Or something like that. Eventually Firefox caved though and made it match everyone else's implementation because you would expect it to work.
Light

Post by Light »

Tank Program wrote:Reading the text of the bug report, it's not so much that it "wasn't supported" but instead a strict interpretation of the standards meant it shouldn't be. Or something like that. Eventually Firefox caved though and made it match everyone else's implementation because you would expect it to work.
So, should I bother, or let you upgrade to a copy of the software from this decade? :P I think you're like 15 versions behind at this point.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

I'm not sure I'd bother, but Firefox 24 is an Extended Support Release (ESR). Think of it as IE6 for Firefox. I leave it up to you to decide what to do.
Light

Post by Light »

Tank Program wrote:I'm not sure I'd bother, but Firefox 24 is an Extended Support Release (ESR). Think of it as IE6 for Firefox. I leave it up to you to decide what to do.
I'll probably fix it tomorrow. Getting ready for work now.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Im reasonably sure my solution is better.