Moderator Abuse

Anything About Anything...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Moderator Abuse

Post by Z-Man »

I'll get to Durf, patience. I probably should actually read the two lengthy PMs he wrote... It's just that the very first actual content sentences already make me angry. So maybe I'll read them, get very angry, calm down again, then post.

Anyway. Until then, the next thing I can post about is this from here:
Soul wrote:On behalf of the tron community, I hereby declare the need for an appeal to Durf's unjust and irrational ban. Lucifer has an obvious bias due to all of the shemales he supposedly knows (and perhaps is????). Judge Judy will have none of this. You sir, have been served.
That is open transphobia. I hope I don't have to explain this. And I hope I only have to say once that I want none of it here.

The other thing that was labelled trasphobic was the statement "Men have a penis, women a vagina". That's not necessarily transphobic, that usually just comes from a place of ignorance. "Your definition is narrow minded" would be a more appropriate response. Look. Back when I was younger and in a different relationship, I crossdressed and went to gay and BDSM clubs. I have seen some things with my own eyes. I wanted to make a list, blade runner style, but I'm afraid I have to start and stop at the guy in the full body latex suit. Yet I know nothing. I have only seen the tip of the iceberg of the variety of human expression out there. And all of it is wonderful. There is no need to be afraid. They know they are in the minority, they would never shove themselves into your face uninvited or at the very least leave you alone when asked. Unlike some straight men, I may add. So if their existence somehow makes you uncomfortable, which is totally fine, just leave them alone. Though, of course, the preferable reaction is curiosity (and this forum is probably not the right place for public discussion thereof in full detail). Look at who won EUROVISION 2014. That's outrageous! I didn't know you were allowed to leave your beard on! That would have made it so much easier, any kind of good shave gives me pimples all over for at least a week to come.
(If you want to replace 'they' with 'we' in the above, be my guest.)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Moderator Abuse

Post by Z-Man »

Right. Durf. Is he sexist? Somewhat, maybe.
Does he think that women belong into the kitchen, taking care of the kids? That men ought to have the job of getting income to support the family? That women ought to be obedient to their men? No, absolutely not.

Does he use sexist/misogynistic language? Yes. But here's the thing. He does not understand how language works for the rest of us. It completely baffles him. It's alien. I'm willing to think that he simply does not realize what he is saying.

He does seem to think that there is, from birth, a difference between male and female humans. Well, to some extent he is undeniably right.
What is unclear to me, and I'm not going back to read all his posts in chronological order, oh no, is how much he thinks that matters. If he thinks this natural difference matters more than the social differences we built up ourselves, yep, sexist. If not, then not.