Moderator Abuse

Anything About Anything...
Vogue
Match Winner

Re: Moderator Abuse

Post by Vogue »

Gonzap stop abusing your family please, theyre not pinatas.
Amaso
Core Dumper

Post by Amaso »

xX_Hitl3r_Xx wrote:Sorry Vogue but you do not meet the minimum amount of IQ required to post here. I am losing chromosomes reading your post...if that's even possible.
I...I like this guy.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

D E A D G A M E
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

BTW, you submitted 16 posts during the last 24 hours (not that any of them enrich the game). :)

Also, whoever this spammer is, he needs help.
Last edited by Word on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Soul wrote:Image
LOL! Another victory? You just can't keep these Redemption guys down!
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

kyle wrote:Just so you guys know, Lucifer did get banned, and tank program talked to him in IRC, I don't know the full details as I was only there for part of it. As for Durf, you may want to try to chat with guru3 on irc, this is tank program.

Please stop these threads for now, give them the time to sort it all out.

I've leaned from my past ban (not from the forums, but the wiki, exploding about it does not help the problem.
I banned Durf for 24 hours.

I did not extend the ban.

He's due to arrive in 5...4...3...2....

This is all made-up shit.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

About the picture:

First I'd like to say GJ Nelg. The evidence he points out should be enough, but for those stubborn rascals:

You'll notice that crystalfuckingw says:

Code: Select all

Durf was the spammer, and there is tons ???????? that he was involved in the spa
This is an example of when someone hit the SPAM_MAXLEN limit in their sentence. (assuming they intended to end their sentence with "spam" and not "spa"; though I wouldn't mind being involved in a spa ;P)

Later the "Durf" without the "*DEAD*" next to his name says:

Code: Select all

Honestly.. I was the one who decided to spam on the forums, and I really do not regret this decision.
This is technically impossible as it violates the very same SPAM_MAXLEN setting that the first example does.

As further demonstrated by this picture: http://durf.tk/evidence.png
The screenshot proves itself wrong.

My testimony: I was being framed when this thread (and subsequent picture posted) was created.

. . . . .

About Lucifer:
Lucifer wrote:
kyle wrote:Just so you guys know, Lucifer did get banned, and tank program talked to him in IRC, I don't know the full details as I was only there for part of it. As for Durf, you may want to try to chat with guru3 on irc, this is tank program.

Please stop these threads for now, give them the time to sort it all out.

I've leaned from my past ban (not from the forums, but the wiki, exploding about it does not help the problem.
I banned Durf for 24 hours.

I did not extend the ban.

He's due to arrive in 5...4...3...2....

This is all made-up shit.
Line for line:
1) You unjustly banned me for 24 hours for the reason "being a sexist ass". Where is the proof that I ever was? Meaning that you still exhibited moderator abuse in some way, regardless if you were the one to extend the ban.

2) If you didn't, then it someone with access to your account probably did (unless you want to argue with logs). At which point I would question your ability to moderate yourself (how could you allow that to even happen). How can you treat your status so frivolously? (this seems like a nice excuse an all; how nice for a family member to be a scapegoat for you like that)

3) Yes, the extended ban was removed. I'm sure this line of yours makes you feel much better about it being reversed on you like that (assuming you did extend it).

4) Are you denying that the extension ever took place? (are you arguing with logs?) gf
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

If sexism isn't tolerated, how about a retroactive ban for Vogue's sexism? This feminist hero was never called out or banned for any of the following:
Vogue wrote:
Fippmam wrote:
Ritsuka wrote:Should only have 1 category:

Who can beat Liz: Magi
and me, you forgot me xD
No, you're too afraid to 1v1. Pussy!
gawdzilla wrote:'"-.-"' vs _~RogueTronners~_ 2-1
R most likely has Titan playing and he's _really_ bad staying in the zone, I give the pussy smurf team the benefit of the doubt.
gawdzilla wrote:
compguygene wrote:...It would probably be much wiser to allow players to talk to each other, but implement a simple rule against spamming, excessive trash talk, excessive cursing, abuse, racial remarks, comments about sexual orientation, and overly sexual comments.
Too bad, I wanted to call you a raging queer next time I see you on the grid.

A simple /silence player is more than enough in this case, I have never seen overly bad behaviour that can't be fixed with that, and the only reason we're even discussing this is because of those pussy DS'ers. In the next ladle, things will be fine, mark my w0rdz.
gawdzilla wrote:I think Flex has some sand in his vagina. Does it itch, Flex? Is it making you cranky?
There are probably more, but I am out of time. And while we are at it, I volunteer for ban over the sexist things I've said and got away with. It's only fair.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Are you guys done yet? Bickering back and forth about "my side is winning! blahblahblah." I don't think any of what's happened in the past week is good for tron, so in my opinion we're all losing. As if our community wasn't divided enough before, now we have all this crap going on making everyone hate each other. Which half of you I know are just doing it because you have nothing better to do while you're on your winter break from school, so it'll probably subside in a week. All the fast track players, that were already very hesitant to play fortress and get involved with that community are probably regretting it entirely now because of the way you've all been acting. It absolutely disgusts me how you guys can hate each other so much during christmas week.

You guys want to hate on each other? Do it on the grids, core dump some people and get some real activity on tron, instead of being keyboard warriors. Personally I'm surprised more of you didn't get banned for all the flaming in the past week, it's ridiculous. I'll take a 6-8 team ladle every month if it means this kind of behavior doesn't continue.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Magi wrote:Are you guys done yet? Bickering back and forth about "my side is winning! blahblahblah." I don't think any of what's happened in the past week is good for tron, so in my opinion we're all losing.
Word.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Nevermind. Magi, you and your ilk are one of the main sources of the cultural problem with this community, and you're a complete f'cking hypocrite.
Last edited by Phytotron on Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amaso
Core Dumper

Post by Amaso »

Damn near 10 different post and we got no where ggs
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Phytotron wrote:Nevermind. Magi, you and your ilk are one of the main sources of the cultural problem with this community, and you're a complete ******* hypocrite.
I like to think I'm only 50% hypocrite.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Information: The relevant events are being discussed internally. It'll take time, have patience. If you'd ask me my honest opinion right now, the first things you'd get would be rants on how you lot could not shut up while the forum was spammed to the north pole and back and how nobody was able to follow obvious proper procedure of excalating the issue to the other admins and waiting for their response. Which is clearly not what I'm going to feel in a day or three, or at least I hope so.
(You may get the rants anyway, no promises.)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Ok, partly ready! Statement time. I'll do things in bursts, I don't know how much time I have. So important things fist. Tank and me agree on these bits about Lucifer's behavior (Edited a bit from the version Tank saw, so he may have objections now):

What was right:
1. The ban was justified, Durf was harassing. He should not have questioned which shape of body parts Vogue has. He should not have gone down the creepy 'foolproof' verifification route. The last moment he could have stopped and things would have been mostly fine would have been when she offered to talk on teamspeak and he was uncomfortable.
2. There has been a sufficient warning, right here, at the bottom of this post: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... ry#p288890
Yes, it's from the other thread that was raging at that time on the same topic than the post that triggered the ban. The ban triggering post was so short on new text and Durf's typing speed (I've seen him on IRC) is so insanely high that I can't imagine he started typing his post before the warning became visible. And it was on a thread Durf was posting on.
What was wrong:
1. One does not engage someone in conversation, pressing them for answers, then bans them for the answers they give. We should not punish people for having views we don't like, only for what they do or say on their own volition.
2. The right procedure when the shitstorm started would have been to lock the one big thread and call on us other moderators, not make conversation while simultaneously fighting spam. That was a recipe for desaster. Suspecting everyone of being the spammer also was uncalled for and did not help.

This ends the agreed upon part. Tank and Lucifer will probably add their thoughts, too.
I also have more thoughts on some people's actions, but this needed to go out first because I don't know how much time I have to type stuff up. I'll be leaving for my parents' home tomorrow mornig. For now, of course I need to mention that Vogue has ... not been a saint. Not that any amout of bad behavior would be an excuse for harassment, mind you.
And don't worry, at this time, everyone is in the clear. I have no ban wishes related to what I am still going to say. Save your getting upset for when I actually say things :)

What we'll try to avoid things like this in the future:

When one of us feels unable to handle a particular situation, he'll call in the others to take over. We'll try to be more conscious about what we can handle. Threads may be temporarily locked while such a transition happens.

We'll try harder to make sure you actually see warnings we give. Durf says he hasn't seen his warning and we have to take that seriosuly. It's difficult: The regular forum warnings only get visible as a regular PM (we tested, I'm now warning level 1!), that can also be missed in the heat of a discussion. And we can't just warn someone on every thread they're currently active in, you'd probably find this silly too.
Of course, it has to be noted that not every offence entitles one to a warning before getting banned. Some things require swift action to avoid harm, some are just too crass.