Vogue Ban Appeal [DISCUSSION]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

blondie
Core Dumper

Re: Vogue's Apology [DISCUSSION]

Post by blondie »

why me?
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Because it would be the most funny one. But it was all a joke
Vogue
Match Winner

Re: Vogue Ban Appeal [DISCUSSION]

Post by Vogue »

lets stay ontopic yall, its not fair to have me get a trial by combat anyway because id be 100% unbanned
Vogue wrote:I drop all statements regarding not being sorry, here's my official apology [audio]
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Just this once I got to agree to roter:
Roter wrote:**** look how creative that girl is
That video put a smile on my face.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Lmao that video

#respect
TaZ
Round Winner

Post by TaZ »

After watching the video, I'm convinced she deserves to be unbanned. #freesosa #nojusticenopeace #handsup #OnATuesday
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

The video was hilarious. Tbh I actually am tired of having this discussion every month, and I enjoy ladle and the competition that once was. Let her play. The more teams the better.
Zenith
Average Program

Post by Zenith »

I think that she should be unbanned
desgorn
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by desgorn »

durf: *makes insightful post about topic at hand*
you: +1, yes durf, yasssssss! keep her banned, matter a fact extend it!
vogue: *post 1:23 seconds of her playing tron*
you: LOL! jesus what have we done..unban her guys!

*slow claps*
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

desgorn wrote:durf: *makes insightful post about topic at hand*
you: +1, yes durf, yasssssss! keep her banned, matter a fact extend it!
vogue: *post 1:23 seconds of her playing tron*
you: LOL! jesus what have we done..unban her guys!

*slow claps*
don't slander me omm, I'll have you removed from team mexico promptly, jose
Snxpflash
Average Program

Post by Snxpflash »

OMG Vogue I lost it.. that video had me in tears.. Im still laughing xD.

If half the people who have an 'opinion' on this thread would make a team for ladle we'd be back to full force.. If you really care about ladle make a team not war. Let her play.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Snxpflash wrote:Let her play.
No. It's statistically a bad idea.
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

A few things:

1) Sure it's creative a awesome for a girl to do...anyone have proof that Vogue is a female?
It's not uncommon for males to pose as females online (attention is attention, and pretending you have tits will get an attention hog more of it)

2) The video contradicts itself by calling the apology both sincere and then insincere. Listen closely and you'll see what I mean.

3) If all it takes is a good joke to get un-banned, then no one would be banned. Bans are given for a reason and if you usurp those bans then that basically says that anyone is free to break any rules they want, so long as they can make you laugh....seriously think about if the outside world operated like that...criminals aren't released for being good comedians; they still serve their sentence but are given better conditions, if given anything at all.

All that put aside, I still believe that Vogue deserves the right to an appeal.
However, her basis for the appeal is basically that the ban is "cruel and unusual punishment" (much longer than what she perceives as necessary).
Given her disposition in her posts, do you really believe her claim that the ban is "cruel" or "unusual"? She's been making jokes this whole time; doesn't seem to me like she feels anything for it.
Like I said earlier, it seems like all this is just a test to see how big of a pushover the community can be.
compguygene wrote:... Typically, reasons for an appeal would be things that went wrong with the original trial process, new evidence that has emerged to overturn a conviction, or a pursuit of clemency because of genuine reform having been achieved by the convicted person. I don't really see any of these here. ...
Keep in mind too that any appeal process that gets voted upon would be used on everyone in a similar circumstance, not just Vogue. So having an appeal process is good (even for those that have a personal problem with Vogue).

Though, seems to me like she's having fun with or without the ban. Having the spare time to create a joke video.
Sure it'd be fun to have a comedian around tron, but serious competition is ruined by jokers who can't take it seriously; all I'm seeing is further evidence that she would be disruptive.
So in the end the community will be held responsible for making the competition what it is; full of jokers? or full of serious players..?

I feel the need to say again that this is about more than just letting her play or not. Rules are there for a reason, and so are bans. Take the reasons away and what are you left with? Are you sure that's what you want ladle to become?

P.S. Thank you desgorn for not being blind.
I join you in your slow clap and raise you a face-palm.
Malachi
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Malachi »

What's this about Vogue making all these teams that Ladle needs?

Is Vogue really the major contributor of teams in fortress?

There will always be new teams and new players in ladle, why do people think otherwise? As long as people are friendly and open to helping new players I don't see why everyone seems so dependent on Vogue to make Fortress "competitive and fun".

As a nub when I first entered a Fortress server I felt intimidated, people expected me to know what I was doing and I got suspended with a simple message: Watch and learn. That was basically my only Fort experience for a long time because after that I started getting into Fasttrack.

I believe the Fort community has changed since then, it's become more tolerant of new players. To tell you the truth I really only started liking Fortress when I played it with people I knew and enjoyed playing with.

I don't know Vogue, I've heard gossip all over tron about the trolling and evading bans and etc. And quite frankly I think it's immature, if you are wrongly accused of something you don't evade the sentence and put up an obviously not meant apology video. Instead you try to prove your innocence, or (in the case that you're guilty) deal with the consequences and avoid breaking rules in the future.

I see this thread as more of a backlash because of the ban. If Vogue's the jerk everyone has been talking about, why should we let her in ladle, like Durf said without sportsmanship and manners it just ruins the whole atmosphere of the game. I believe tolerating this type of attitude will only cause more chaos and disorganization.

The statements about tron dying are true, however, we can all do something to change that. I'm sure there is already a thread about this but we can make this game better. Starting with the help of the community.

As far as the ban goes, let it stand.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Listen, is it the right thing to do to unban Vogue? Probably not, but she will go out of her way to make a team for ladle, and that will in turn make it more competitive, which is something we have been lacking over the last couple months, for those of you who complain day in and day out about the steady decline of fort / ladle, it may be wise to consider allowing her to play.

The video itself is hilarious, and yes she still is basically giving everyone a big **** you by showing clips of her as "[abc] Vein", but at this point who cares? We as a community are on the decline, how does it help us by banning someone who actually wants to play? So what we have to deal with her for ONE day of the month?

Truly though, I can't stomach her, but I do enjoy ladle, and I can't deny that ladle is more enjoyable with Liz competing.