Brawl 45 - 9 November - Sign up Now

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Core Dumper

Brawl 45 - 9 November - Sign up Now

Post by *16 »

Tru
Round Winner

Re: Brawl 45 - 9 November - Sign up Now

Post by Tru »

since when it's 18:45 gmt. Time is calculated from UTC, not EST
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

When summertimes/wintertimes take place, it slides all times one hour forward so that it's the same time for everyone? Or am I wrong here?

I checked Ladle times too, it's the same there. Normally everyone should play on the same hour as before the change.
Tru
Round Winner

Post by Tru »

I have no idea about Ladle, but Brawl starts on UTC time. Sounds like you just changed it after 3 years of tourney. ( note that utc time does not move forward as it's static `0` - everything changes around it, not with it. )

I'll check Times section later tomorrow or day after tomorrow. I will leave it 18:45 but will make sure that other values are correct.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

I really don't care when it happens. You can change it all the way you want.

It's not like anyone actually cares about brawl.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

*16 wrote:I really don't care when it happens. You can change it all the way you want.

It's not like anyone actually cares about brawl.
CTF is unfortunately a dead game mode. R plays once a month, as do most people, and it goes nowhere. The games are so intense sometimes because no one plays that often and it often results in built up rust.

I would love to get it more active, but I think the only real incentive that might get people to play it on a consistent basis again is to get some sort of monetary value involved.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Good luck with that.

An (maybe) easier solution could be organising something like kyle did for CTWF. We could organise a (two-weekly) ctf-evening.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

*16 wrote:Good luck with that.

An (maybe) easier solution could be organising something like kyle did for CTWF. We could organise a (two-weekly) ctf-evening.
If I could dedicate a night aside to play tron, it probably wouldn't be to play CTF at this current time. I'm too busy with other things, and my free time isn't going to be to attempt to revive a relatively dead game mode. Maybe over breaks, but otherwise no. I'm more concerned about fortress and it's well being if anything currently.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Anyone interested in making an open/other team? I'm making the brackets tonight, only two teams signed up now...
Oparachukwu
Average Program

Post by Oparachukwu »

did this happen?
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

gz on the finals `£nmity & R!
Oparachukwu
Average Program

Post by Oparachukwu »

i think we can all agree this has finally died out. no one has updated the wiki and the previous brawl does not have to scores recorded (assuming those matches were even played).
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
F0RC3
Core Dumper

Post by F0RC3 »

Oparachukwu wrote:i think we can all agree this has finally died out. no one has updated the wiki and the previous brawl does not have to scores recorded (assuming those matches were even played).
I don't really think any more than two teams, if that many, even want to play the brawl anymore. Maybe interest will spark again eventually and the tournement can be held again, but for now I would say that the brawl should be put on Hiatus.

And just to say, the matches of the previous brawl did happen. R won using two subs, though a tournement where you start in the finals isn't much of a win.