Ladle 87

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Vogue
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 87

Post by Vogue »

I have a VPN that can give me any IP in europe, so I play with 20 to 70 ping - lagless.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

hahahahah liz is such a try hard nerd who can't find anything else to do but tron

xoxo long hair don't care

grats on your 3peat rogues
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

"GZ on RD Liz, we're so happy to have you!" - tryhard clanleader desperate for ladle wins
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Soul wrote: try hard nerd who can't find anything else to do but tron
I take exception to this.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Magi wrote:
Soul wrote: try hard nerd who can't find anything else to do but tron
I take exception to this.
do you even ladle,

bro?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Magi wrote:...we would really be punishing ourselves and ruining any competition ... What's the fun in playing if we're just going to ban everyone that wants to play?
Is it really punishing yourself to admonish cheaters and those who support it? Not at all. Personally, I would rather do other things than play with shitty people. If Ladle was reduced to a total of two honest teams that would be more desirable than playing with people with complete disregard for the conditions of the contest.
Vogue wrote:...you literally can't ban the teams I play for [IF you find out who I play for every ladle-highly unlikely] because then your competition is dead.
Don't be so sure. It's been a few months in a row that Ladle threads turn into an conversation about you. All this does is hasten the demise of Ladle. I guess you and your supporters can wear that as a badge but I can hardly think of anything more narcissistic.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I'd hate to ruin your image of me as a twirling mustache(lol) villain, but I doubt myself or the teams I associate with are doing this to destroy ladle. Me playing doesn't affect anything, nobody even notices.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

.Lightning wrote:Well whenever I select the text file in armagetron recorder...nothing comes up to view the recording
You shouldn't unzip it. It's a compression the armagetron recorder makes when recording the game. If you open the compressed file in Armagetron Recorder it will un'compress' it there and it should play properly.
.Lightning
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by .Lightning »

I figured it out! Appreciate the help from everyone
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Vogue wrote:Me playing doesn't affect anything, nobody even notices.
Except you are wrong. This monthly banter about how cool and rebellious you think you are contributes to an unpleasant atmosphere. It shouldn't take any explanation why that is a bad thing, but then again you don't have the moral depth see what is wrong with cheating, so you surely would not understand even if it was explained. There is another reason why all of this is bad but I'm not even going to bother talking about this anymore since only like a dozen people actually give a shit about this game.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

don't get me wrong, I care about your rules. I just care about me more.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Vogue wrote:don't get me wrong, I care about your rules. I just care about me more.
That attitude has no place in organized competitions. I'm sorry you are not capable of overcoming your own ego.
Iris
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Iris »

Vogue wrote:don't get me wrong, I care about your rules. I just care about me more.
Hi :lol:
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

i think liz playing is pathetic, if she had have ignored ladle for another 2 months i would have preposed a re-evaluation of her punishment, i thought she was being mature, can't teach an old dog new tricks...

what annoys me more is the communities lack of commitment to stand there ground, sines the only one kicking up fuss. It shows that the rules mean nothing and can be breached by anyone.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

bilbo baggins wrote: what annoys me more is the communities lack of commitment to stand there ground, sines the only one kicking up fuss. It shows that the rules mean nothing and can be breached by anyone.
I just don't understand what you want to do about it. Ban her IP? Already been done. Ban her GIDs? Already been done. Ban the people that had her on their team, even if it was intentional or not, so we can limit our ladle size even more? When we dedicate hours into playing I think most people rather play 3 matches a day than one or two. Is liz really hurting the ladle by playing? From what I've seen she's subbed for teams that needed a player last minute so isn't that actually helping people? People can't prove a random GID is her or not on the spot so what would they rather do, play with 5 and be at a disadvantage every round, or get the 6th person.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye