WST 15 - September 28

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

takburger
Match Winner

Re: WST 15 - September 28

Post by takburger »

GMs cubed.

Cadi NY2 = -10000. 2second slides every 10 second, disappearing lines etc.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Ok, so before people start talking too too much (there were specs and stuff), let me explain what happened in the quarters between "wow such team" and "Open Team" in cadi's ny.

Don't read if you don't really care, it's a lot of useless text. I'm only typing all this to hopefully prevent pages of discussion. You've been warned.

So, the time was roughly 21:03 when they finished their match (an hour after starting time). Rudy said brb and they were left with 2. after roughly 5 minutes i said we'll start this soon even if he doesn't show because i don't want to delay the whole tournament. no disagreement from slick or coco. after roughly 8 minutes, at :11, the match restarted and our team said "starting, gl hf". We could have claimed the win, according to the rules on the wiki. But we started the match.

The first 2 rounds or so looked competitive, but we won them easily 3v2. so slick started to maze, i told him "you realize we've started, right?" and he lol'd or something, i don't remember. couple rounds later he said "brb, finding a sub somewhere" and he comes back with opara after a few minutes, at which point we're close to winning the match.

When he comes back and realizes the match counts, he flips out completely and starts arguing. I start by trying to explain what's going on and why. I told him I'd check on our parallel match to see if we have time for a rematch. Those guys just happen to finish up in Venom Ger and are then waiting for our match to finish. I return to our server and say "yeah we're continuing this, no restart, they are waiting for us in semis" and now slick is really mad.

In the end, slick won 2-1 though, so cheers to him! I really regret trying to solve this problem right away rather than silencing him and winning like anyone else would.

Cadi: chat logs would be nice if any drama is started.

If we're rating servers: -1 Cadi's NY1: once the wst started I got 250+ ping and it lasted the whole match. Everyone jumping all over the place and some funny tk's. A lot of others' pings went really high too.
_Slick
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by _Slick »

Er...I disagree with 95% of that...Regardless, why did there need to be a post made about it?

We gave you your first round 1v3 win, then still won the next 2 matches in a row 3v3 lol....
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

_Slick wrote:Regardless, why did there need to be a post made about it?
Because you spent the entire game arguing and it wasn't enjoyable for anybody. Your behavior really sucked the fun out of this tournament. I was preparing for post-tourney trauma the entire time but now that you didn't lose I suppose it's all good from ur side (even though you really whined a lot).

Also, let me make it clear that you didn't give us anything. We didn't claim the win so you could play.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

On behalf of Serendipity I want to apologize for any discomfort Slick may have caused. We've since removed him from the clan and wipe our hands clean from him. Sorry again.
_Slick
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by _Slick »

Titan I honestly had no idea you thought we were playing man. That's why I was so disappointed, being called an idiot for something I don't know didn't seem fair to me.
The way you handled the situation took the fun out of it for me...Plus I was getting trolled by Liz so that didn't help lol.

Liz trolled me so hard that I told Gazelle I couldn't deal with her anymore and that i was done with Serendipity. Please don't lie liz.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Please slick don't continue any drama on here, we told you countless times it was swag and everyone knew it but you, you kept going and going, no place for that in tron or sdp. Good luck in the future!

Gz to LOL!
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

gratz LOL!

theo was pretty good, then cadis and comguys were so bad so we had to play on a non-wst server which was great.

TheGreenArrow: Nate
PlasticMan: 3b
Bizarro: orion
Matterman: ogo
misterplayer
Average Program

Post by misterplayer »

gg all
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

gz LOL!
Zenith
Average Program

Post by Zenith »

gms :sdot: :sdot: :sdot:
Rudycantfail
Average Program

Post by Rudycantfail »

Titanoboa wrote: So, the time was roughly 21:03 when they finished their match (an hour after starting time). Rudy said brb and they were left with 2. after roughly 5 minutes i said we'll start this soon even if he doesn't show because i don't want to delay the whole tournament. no disagreement from slick or coco. after roughly 8 minutes, at :11, the match restarted and our team said "starting, gl hf". We could have claimed the win, according to the rules on the wiki. But we started the match.
Didn't even think I was going to be able to play during this tourny because I had work during the earlier matches, also the reason they waited so long was because I had to drive home which took about 20 mins. I apologize to "wow such team" for the confusion as our open team was waiting for me. Despite this mishap we had some fun matches and grats to LOL for taking the win.
-Just another fortress nerd.