WST 15 - September 28

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

LucK
Shutout Match Winner

WST 15 - September 28

Post by LucK »

I've been asked a lot to do this so I guess let's get started sign ups are open! We need a lot of servers thanks to anyone willing to help with that.

WST 15
Last edited by LucK on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
zac

Re: WST 15

Post by zac »

Sweet sounds fun.
Hub

Post by Hub »

I'll play :lol:
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

September 14th is BRAWL.

Also the last two times luck disappeared iirc.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

Over one thing you and the majority of the tron community fails to realize is that I am not needed to run this tourney. The last 2 happened without me all it takes is one person getting the ball rolling and the tourney can happen.
Date will be moved.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Just for future reference, I think we should have a schedule for sumo tournaments for the year, I've thought of two plausible schedules:
January: SBT, February: TST, March: WST, April: Break month, May: SBT, June: TST, July: WST, August: Break month, September: SBT, October: TST, November: WST: December Break month

or

January SBT, February: Break, March: TST, April: Break, May: WST, June: Break, July: SBT, August: Break, September: TST, October: Break, November: WST, December: Break

This way we would get 2-3 SBT, TST and WSTs a year, that's 6 to 9 sumo tournaments a year, 6 is more than enough I think. It would also leave months open for other tournaments like the CTWF and any other events like 1v1 Sumo or Single bind, things that are held less often and aren't as common. Just a suggestion that I think would make tournament planning smoother and easier for people to remember what's coming up
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Re: WST 15 - September 28

Post by LucK »

Well I'm back so I plan to hold these every other month like before. Participation has dropped a lot since this has stopped so let's see if we can get the numbers back up.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Magi, I think that's a valiant proposition but it requires people willing to organize them.

I think a sumo tournament every other month would be great, but even then arguably too often. The community is trying to cram a lot of tournaments, fighting for dates and what not. While the tournaments are great for us, and definitely enjoyable, I'm not really sure of the impact it has on the other players. A good chunk of the servers on the server list at times end up being tournament servers.

I'm not entirely sure that we're not driving some people away from tron because of the way we've centered community participation around tournaments rather than casual play..

Maybe 4 or less sumo tournaments a year isn't a bad thing
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

So we want to bring players in the community by not having too many tournaments so there can be more tournaments?
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

I understand what you guys are saying. I am just asking you give it a chance. The sumo community is bigger than the fort community and the ctf community but you see nothing wrong with these tournaments being held once a month.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Why would you even try to claim that the sumo community is bigger than the fort community. Last ladle had 11 teams, which means 66 players (without subs). Last WST had 15 teams which means 45 players. Last SBT had 54 players.

Plus: Those two communities are quite the same. The most players who play fort and also playing sumo. (I'm not saying all)
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Please, do not make this WST in Septembr, we have Ladle, then Brawl, then TST, pick October at the very least, I do not want to have my schedule cramped by a tournament every weekend.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Magi wrote:Please, do not make this WST in Septembr, we have Ladle, then Brawl, then TST, pick October at the very least, I do not want to have my schedule cramped by a tournament every weekend.
Ratchet wrote:I think a sumo tournament every other month would be great, but even then arguably too often. The community is trying to cram a lot of tournaments, fighting for dates and what not.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
TheNate
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by TheNate »

Let us just do this WST!!!
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

TheNate wrote:Let us just do this WST!!!
You mean whiskey sierra tango?