Ladle 85

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

pike
Round Winner

Ladle 85

Post by pike »

7th September 2014

Challenge Board
Cadillac_
Average Program

Re: Ladle 85

Post by Cadillac_ »

Three cheers for pike!
Agility
Core Dumper

Post by Agility »

I would like to host a server for ladle if that is okay?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Agility wrote:I would like to host a server for ladle if that is okay?
Just
add it to the Challenge Board. We recommend using the current stable dedicated. If your server gets good feedback and plan on hosting it for a long time you can add it to the permanent servers list.
Agility
Core Dumper

Post by Agility »

I believe I added it on wiki but wont show up. It is on the master list though in game.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Agility wrote:I believe I added it on wiki but wont show up. It is on the master list though in game.
You placed it in a comment section, I moved it to the right place. <!-- is the start of a comment section. The servers in there are placed after a reset of the challenge board so they can just be copied in if they are used again.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:star: Thanks for fixing that 16*, a gold star for you.

Since this also happened last month, I filled the section with ### hashes ### to make it more pronounced (assuming players recognize this form of comment from editing arma config files). In addition, I moved Light's server out of the permanent server list until we learn if he can keep it going then removed old, unused servers from the non-permanent list. Pretty much anything that is not in the 6-month long quality tracker should be considered old and be deleted.
asdfasdf
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by asdfasdf »

I signed Wild West up; however, I understand from what people have told me that there is a pm vote trial going on about whether we knew that liz was impersonating cap (or something along those lines; I wasn't there). If you guys do decide for whatever reason to punish us, I'll remove us as soon as possible.

Best,

asdf
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

asdfasdf wrote:I signed Wild West up; however, I understand from what people have told me that there is a pm vote trial going on about whether we knew that liz was impersonating cap (or something along those lines; I wasn't there). If you guys do decide for whatever reason to punish us, I'll remove us as soon as possible.

Best,

asdf
I have gotten no pm regarding this issue.. TBH i would just sign your team up :) There is no way to truly tell if you guys had known, and i highly doubt you did.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

asdfasdf wrote:If you guys do decide for whatever reason to punish us...
I think the lack of collective outrage is a sign that Ww is going to be fine signing up. Good luck in Ladle 85 guys.
Cadillac_
Average Program

Post by Cadillac_ »

Shouldn't USER_LEVEL Capone@forums 16
be added to the ban list? Even tho it's unrealistic to get every GID of Liz'
blondie
Core Dumper

Post by blondie »

a ban would be easily enforceable if there were a whitelist of the gid's able to play, rather than a blacklist of those that cannot.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

blondie wrote:whitelist
And that just brings us back to the @ladle discussion. Shunning GIDs (and IPs) is mostly a symbolic gesture. It's up to the community to recognize banned players and remove them from the event.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

blondie wrote:a ban would be easily enforceable if there were a whitelist of the gid's able to play, rather than a blacklist of those that cannot.
Read up, "nice guy."

http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 60&t=23733
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

You're innocent until proven otherwise, Ww, so free to sign up.

For next occurrences, you may be cautious of who is playing in your team at ladles :)