Ladle 83

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

theo
Round Winner

Re: Ladle 83

Post by theo »

sinewav wrote:Other server owners are free to follow my lead.
I'm willing to follow.
kite
Average Program

Post by kite »

This is ridiculous. Who was actually hurt by the actions of these players? Give me a break.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

owned wrote: It makes sense to just let each team vote on how many ladles they think the player should be banned for. Then we take the median.

A warning system that carries over ladles is overly complicated and ineffective.
just do this and get it over with already
wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

kite wrote:This is ridiculous. Who was actually hurt by the actions of these players? Give me a break.
Dumbest thing I've read in this thread so far, and that says a lot

gj
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Hoax wrote:So you'll be withdrawing those servers from ladle use then?
Absolutely not. They are available for any and all tournaments. You are free to vote AoT servers out of Ladle if you want. Go ahead an make a poll.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

I propose a fight to the core dump between Liz, Vein, and Mister. Place them in a server with blank square map of very large size factor, infinite tail length, 0.2 rubber, and standard fortress physics otherwise. One round, one survivor. The victor is allowed continued participation in our community and tournaments, the losers banished to eternal 1v1 dogfight, with Frobot as referee.

Gene, please include this option in your poll.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Well they should all be running the same settings including bans for a ladle was my point. It undermines the system you mostly created unless all server contributors agree to follow suit, overuling any ladle guidelines (server providor union much :) ). We're just waiting on that action though (I expect some kind of ban anyway).
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

jofish wrote: In my opinion, a year-long suspension from all competitive tron (SBT)
this wont be happening xoxo gurl
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Cadillac_ wrote:I think the mean would be better :o
This opens it up to abuse for one team. If CT voted for banning liz from 1273681782637812 ladles then she would effectively be banned forever regardless what other people said
THEred wrote:don't we always use the mode when voting?
Usually, but not always. Using median makes the most sense where preference is ordered. What I mean by that is someone who votes for, say, a 3 ladle ban would prefer a 2 ladle ban to a 1 ladle ban and would prefer a 1 ladle ban to a no ladle ban.

In addition, using mode can lead to ridiculous results. Like if two teams voted for an 8 ladle ban and 8 other teams voted for a 7 ladle ban, 6 ladle ban, 5 ladle ban, ... 0 ladle ban, then an 8 ladle ban would win even though the vast majority of people want a ban less than 8 ladles.

There's also precedent for this. We used the median when voting on seeds and on hole size.
Last edited by owned on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

oi

Let's simply follow the procedure and give them their punishments, with harsher ones to follow if they try to go around them before they end. They'll likely get caught if they do.

Stop the nonsense about permanently excluding them from the community, though.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

If I remember correctly, this is what happened when the community first talked about punishments:

1. The team leaders had a vote and decided there should be punishments in place in case people followed the rules.
2. We didn't actually vote on any punishment system, we just said it would get decided in the future.
3. Someone put an idea of how a punishment system could work on the wiki, but it was just that, an idea. Now for some reason it's on the wiki as the punishment system.

So if my memory is correct (and please tell me if it is wrong), there is no official punishment system in place.
Last time some serious issue occurred and we actually got to the stage of attempting to ban players was here:

http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 60&t=20494

which is essentially the same as what I said above.
Cadillac_
Average Program

Post by Cadillac_ »

owned wrote:
Cadillac_ wrote:I think the mean would be better :o
This opens it up to abuse for one team. If CT voted for banning liz from 1273681782637812 ladles then she would effectively be banned forever regardless what other people said
t majority of people want a ban less than 8 ladles.
Same would happen if median was used...

EDIT: nvm I though you meant the middle, not middle vote. 1st grade math ftw.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Not to derail this already derailed ladle topic, but is anyone looking into what might be causing the blackscreen issues? I know abc had two-three people have it happen to them a couple times, and at the same time Poke had it happen to him. I'm sure there is going to be more of this, and it happens all the time in CTF, so figured it may play a more important role in future tournaments than whether Liz and Mr get to have tea and crumpets on the same team again.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

lets just hack them and give them 0.1 rubber forever more
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

Hahahaha, this shit never grows old.