AMERICA vs EUROPE: RESULTS!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

pike
Round Winner

Re: America VS Europe: Nominations are open!

Post by pike »

I think we should make voting as simple as possible and don't drag the preparations too much, because summer is coming and player activity will drop until November ;)

And let's try to encourage more players to sign up, I know some don't consider themselves "stars", but it's all for fun and the more choice we have the better.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

pike wrote:summer is coming
Brace yourselves
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

You forgot picture titan
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

everyone should nominate the best players of each region. come on, the list can be bigger than this
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

I think players should nominate themselves (or ask someone to sign them up) because you can never tell if he/she can play the tourney. Many people still don't know about this, it should be more advertised on the servers. Everyone, if you see any good player that is not signed up yet please ask him if he knows about the tourney.

And what about the subs? I think both teams will need them, just in case, so we should really choose 7 or 8 players.

Titan: :mrgreen:
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

There doesn't seem to be much interest in this looking at the sign ups.
Venijn
Round Winner

Post by Venijn »

Vogue wrote:There doesn't seem to be much interest in this looking at the sign ups.
I think it's because many "elite" players from both regions signed up immediately.

I'm sure there are many like me, who would love to take part, but know that they have no chance of being voted over the likes of wap, Gonzap, bier, bbbbb etc.

Don't take it as an insult, it is meeting its purpose :)
Click. Image
Tadd
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Tadd »

I think the interest is high but I couldn't find a date yet.
I wont sign up if I don't know if I have time or not. Especially because in the next 7 weekends I only have time on 2 sunday evenings.
@Venijin you should sign up. I doubt that Xyron signed up himself for example, so there's still a spot in this team. And how bad is it to give it a try?
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Yeah there are 6 players for team europe. Team is done and europe won. gg.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Tadd wrote: I doubt that Xyron signed up himself for example, so there's still a spot in this team.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Venijn wrote:I'm sure there are many like me, who would love to take part, but know that they have no chance of being voted over the likes of wap, Gonzap, bier, bbbbb etc.
Right. I think this is what we are seeing. Fortress has a significant player divide in both skill and popularity so there is little incentive to fight for a spot. (Personally, I would love to sign up, but you know, WiFi.)

* We haven't decided a team size.
* There is no date.

Since the signups are predictably low, I can see now why there was so much pressure on an anonymous voting system. With only a few "elite" players available no one can hide behind the crowd if they vote against their "friends." And this whole multiple-choice idea only exists to hedge the possibility of getting on the team. That way you can still vote for your friends even though you might not think they are the best.

I don't have a solution and haven't had time to think of one, but since there is no date for this event we can work on it indefinitely. Keep trying. This event is a good idea.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

it's 6v6, and there's no date yet because I figured we'd decide on one once the teams are set, but that's a bit impractical if people aren't signing up cause they dunno when the event is lol
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

Soooo place it somewhen, and if somebody can't make it... that's unlucky but you'll have to deal with it. So yeah pick up a date, a sunday, whatever sunday you want, but do it fast or the hype will drop.
kite
Average Program

Post by kite »

Not sure how this works, but I nominate Gazelle for USA center.
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

I would be interested in commentating as well :) given I am not nominated
ImageImageImageImageImage