Ladle 81

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Ladle 81

Post by sinewav »


User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Ladle 81

Post by sinewav »

BRACKETS

12 teams. Not bad. CT loses their seed due to roster change. Good luck to Ascension and Sh, we expect great things from you.

Image HF!

owned
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 876
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:01 pm

Re: Ladle 81

Post by owned »

We don't care very much about the seed, but we have one captain carrying over and three additional players, so we should keep it.

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Ladle 81

Post by sinewav »

Do you want to rename to Crazy Tronners Alpha and redo the brackets?

User avatar
orion
Match Winner
Posts: 782
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Ladle 81

Post by orion »

It was obvious they were CT and they have enought to keep the seed.
Image

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Ladle 81

Post by sinewav »

orion wrote:It was obvious they were CT and they have enought to keep the seed.
If it was obvious, then one of us (Titan and myself) would have caught the mistake while making the brackets. Learn what the word obvious means. This should be a lesson for everyone: when you screw around with teams and names too much, mistakes happen. Worried about your seed? Show up when brackets are made or do them yourself. Remember, this is a community run event not "sinewav begs someone every month to go into #armagetron and type !r while he does all the work."

User avatar
orion
Match Winner
Posts: 782
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Ladle 81

Post by orion »

if you didnt caught it, dont blame anyone, it was obvious
Image

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Ladle 81

Post by sinewav »

I know English isn't your first language, but here is the definition of the word obvious:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/obvious wrote:ob•vi•ous (ˈɒb vi əs)

adj.
1. easily seen, recognized, or understood; open to view or knowledge; evident.
2. lacking in subtlety.
If at any point in time I have to reference the results page and compare four different rosters to evaluate a team's eligibility, guess what? This no longer qualifies as obvious. Now, if the seed belonged to Rogue Tronners, who have the most stable roster and rarely have a second squad, THAT would be obvious. I'm not blaming anyone. But if you care so much, do it yourself, or at least show up when brackets are made. Don't bitch at volunteers when something goes wrong after pushing the limits of what is acceptable by the rules. In other words, fu<k off.
Last edited by sinewav on Fri May 02, 2014 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Ladle 81

Post by Gonzap »

I think woned stated pretty clearely we don't really care about seeds, so move on. He thought we had the same team name/we qualified for the seed anyways and that's why he posted. But as he said, we don't care if we don't get it.

Actually they don't care, but I speak for them here.

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Ladle 81

Post by Gazelle »

Sine, im getting a very defensive vibe from you.. Nobody is ridiculing you, or challenging your "ruling" but it is not right to belittle others, in this case orion, for absolutely nothing.

He made a solid point, as did woned (who also stated they didnt care much for the seed).

No need to go up in arms over something so small.

I for one, fully expected them to keep their seed, because when I looked they had 3 remaining team members and the same TL.

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Ladle 81

Post by sinewav »

Gazelle wrote:I for one, fully expected them to keep their seed...
Cool, you can do the brackets from now on. HF.

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Ladle 81

Post by Gazelle »

LOL!!
Attachments
wambulance.jpg
wambulance.jpg (4.78 KiB) Viewed 1847 times

Hoax
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: UK

Re: Ladle 81

Post by Hoax »

Oh grow up Gaz, orion deserved that response from his unnecessary second post

We're all happy to sit back and let one person do most of the work so let's not feel the need to butt in all the time over something so trvial

User avatar
orion
Match Winner
Posts: 782
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Ladle 81

Post by orion »

sinewav wrote:I know English isn't your first language, but here is the definition of the word obvious:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/obvious wrote:ob•vi•ous (ˈɒb vi əs)

adj.
1. easily seen, recognized, or understood; open to view or knowledge; evident.
2. lacking in subtlety.
If at any point in time I have to reference the results page and compare four different rosters to evaluate a team's eligibility, guess what? This no longer qualifies as obvious. Now, if the seed belonged to Rogue Tronners, who have the most stable roster and rarely have a second squad, THAT would be obvious. I'm not blaming anyone. But if you care so much, do it yourself, or at least show up when brackets are made. Don't bitch at volunteers when something goes wrong after pushing the limits of what is acceptable by the rules. In other words, fu<k off.
Thanks for the lesson mister, but I knew what it means. Yet again, to me, its obvious.
Im sorry if your capacity doesnt let you see its obvious (heard the mind starts to deteriorate at 40)

Hoax: sorry if I touch your beloved sinesmart.wav, im really thankful a forum account (which is all he is) take it over :)


Good luck in Ladle tho
Image

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6290
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Ladle 81

Post by sinewav »

orion wrote:Yet again, to me, its obvious.
Yes, seeing mistakes is easy ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN POINTED OUT TO YOU.
orion wrote:Im sorry if your capacity doesnt let you see its obvious (heard the mind starts to deteriorate at 40)

Hoax: sorry if I touch your beloved sinesmart.wav, im really thankful a forum account (which is all he is) take it over :)
Wow, look at this prick. It's nice to know I volunteer my time for a wonderful community full of people who will come down on me for making rare, trivial, and perfectly understandable mistake, which also eluded the quality control team (Titan). I guess his mind has also started deteriorating at, what age is he? 19? Gosh. Poor fella. Well, let this be a warning to all: your mind can go at any time. Just look at Orion's.

Technically, they loose the seed because of the name change. CThulu is not an abbreviation or slight variation of Crazy Tronners. I don't care if I'm "supposed to know" who that is. I don't care to keep up with everyone's wacky name changes. It's not my job and rules are rules.

Bite me.

Post Reply