Shut the hell up.

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

orion
Match Winner

Re: Shut the hell up.

Post by orion »

sinewav wrote:
orion wrote:...pickup is still the most played game on tron.
Ok, that just isn't true at all. "Most played" is probably Fast Track or Yellow Submarine or one of those. Definitely not pickup.
Sorry, i dont have an stat about it, but 90% of the time i check browser its at top list, anyway, being first, second or third, one of the most played servers
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

Let's just shut it down for a week and see what happens
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

I agree with liz and sine, Pickups are too one-sided now as liz said. Sure we have captains who pick, but most of the time they arent looking to "balance" their team out with the other. Besides, Public fortress is something that continuously grows, whereas fort6 has more of fixed players.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

80% of the top ten* active players don't play fortress. There ya go, kid.

* Positions 3 - 12 (Positions 1&2 are not associated with any one person)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Thanks for the link Renegade. People on this forum historically underestimate the popularity of high-rubber, zone-less games. I always see those servers populated 24 hours a day.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Renegade wrote:80% of the top ten* active players don't play fortress. There ya go, kid.

* Positions 3 - 12 (Positions 1&2 are not associated with any one person)
Wasnt we talking about servers? didnt know it was about players, kid

all this thread (and others) is about public or pickup fight and pickup is fairly more active
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

Maybe we should revise the rules of armagetron pickup a bit. I wouldn't call it enforcing the rules, but make the rules a bit more realistic. I mean come on, "Keep the channel friendly and drama-free," shouldnt be a god damn rule, its more of a guideline if anything.

But this rule "Admins have the right to distribute bans from the channel for up to 24hours for 'disturbing the peace' during games," I feel, is a bit too flexible IMO. Not so much 24 hr bans, but the disturbing the peace. All hashpickup admins are different, and therefore have different meanings of disturbing the peace. I have gotten silenced just because I said hello in the server. It would be good if this rule was more specific towards afks, trolling, etc.

"If a player leaves mid-game please report it to the channel. The player will be dealt with in accordance to the reason behind it" is not really a rule at all. Tronners who rage quit get second chances constantly, without consequence. It is very one-sided and something that should be a concern to others. At the same time, Admins do not enforce this rule either. It's either we have serious, competent admins who fulfill their duties, or we continue to have pickups running amok. I am not saying that this is the case now, but as we all have seen from rits post that this could be an issue too.

Also, "Please keep silent during picks. Unneeded chatter confuses captains a lot when picking." this one makes me lol. This is such an unrealistic rule, and yet its there. We should be able to talk during picks, why not? If anything, its up to the team captain to pick players, not the players. I enjoy chatting with my fellow mates about my day and theirs as well, and its silly how we need quiet time so captains can focus on typing "/invite ____."

I am not trying to say pickup rules are trash, I do my best to follow the rules as best as I can. If we could make a few revisions on these rules it could be really beneficial for pickups.
ImageImageImageImageImage
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

J Dawg wrote: Also, "Please keep silent during picks. Unneeded chatter confuses captains a lot when picking." this one makes me lol. This is such an unrealistic rule, and yet its there. We should be able to talk during picks, why not? If anything, its up to the team captain to pick players, not the players. I enjoy chatting with my fellow mates about my day and theirs as well, and its silly how we need quiet time so captains can focus on typing "/invite ____."
Oh yes, I agree with this. Also I would press captains to do their job and stop being like : "can you gimme the list of players ?". Can't you alt+tab? I'm not your slave :)
THEred
Core Dumper

Post by THEred »

takburger wrote:Also I would press captains to do their job and stop being like : "can you gimme the list of players ?". Can't you alt+tab? I'm not your slave :)
my favorite is the always classic, "who's left?" when there are only 2 people (or sometimes 1 person) in spec who hasn't yet been picked.
red
misterplayer
Average Program

Post by misterplayer »

F0RC3
Core Dumper

Post by F0RC3 »

I have some suggestions.

Don't allow shout talking except between the team leader and referee. team talk is still allowed and so would pms of course, but no shouting for all to see. This will reduce time for the match to start and reduce trolling/arguing/whatever and keep the game more serious.

Randomize teams and player positions. If the captain wants to make changes to the player positions he can. This will greatly reduced time for a match to start.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

F0RC3 wrote:I have some suggestions.

Don't allow shout talking except between the team leader and referee. team talk is still allowed and so would pms of course, but no shouting for all to see. This will reduce time for the match to start and reduce trolling/arguing/whatever and keep the game more serious.

Randomize teams and player positions. If the captain wants to make changes to the player positions he can. This will greatly reduced time for a match to start.
Good idea, Force.

And thanks epsy, for the feedback on everyone's suggestions. :roll: