Bowl request

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

orion
Match Winner

Bowl request

Post by orion »

So, as some of you already know, i have an issue with Bowl participation. I played 5 ladles with RD but im only added 4 times on challenge board (now its fixed at 5). With sinewav we agreed i should make a "poll" where the four team leaders of qualify teams must vote (I think its rd, unk, r, ct) if i can play Bowl or not.
Just reply here Yes or No.

Thanks, much appreciated

RD: yes
Unk: yes
R: yes
CT: yes
Last edited by orion on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Bowl request

Post by Cody »

Vote NO and lets lol at orion
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

I think that's fair, but only if we do it in a way that can be applied to the same problem in the future. One seemingly solid way (I think sine suggested it?) is that the player proves his case by providing a recording from that ladle, and how many seconds to --fastforward.

Is there any other solid method that involves less effort?

I'm only against the voting idea for preventive reasons, I have no problems with Orion playing in the bowl.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Titanoboa wrote:I'm only against the voting idea for preventive reasons, I have no problems with Orion playing in the bowl.
I think most people feel this way. My personal opinion is that rules are rules and editing the Challenge Board many weeks later in order to qualify is bad form. The helpful tip for players is "be serious, be seen." If it were up to me I would say, no. But I also think Bowl should be as fun and competitive as possible so the decision falls on the three teams this affects. You might want to let him play, but enact a rule for the future. Of course, this also means we have to define the role of Ladle substitutes in regard to Bowl and possibly put restrictions on how much time is allowed for a sub to make a Challenge Board edit. (You can easily see a player waiting as long as possible to make an edit because they are the clan hopper type.)
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

I have no problem with Orion playing in the bowl and I'm sure uNk would agree.

I second what Titanoboa said. I would also be satisfied with teammate confirmations - Ex: Gazelle confirming Orion was a sub for said ladle. In the future, substitutes should be clearly defined in terms of bowl entry.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

I second what pr3 said ^^
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Soul wrote:I second what pr3 said ^^
I second what Soul said, which ultimately makes me third what pr3 said. :p if that makes any sense lol!
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Gazelle wrote:which ultimately makes me third what pr3 said
And so on and so fourth
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Orion still doesn't qualify even with the Ladle 74 Edit. Check the Challenge Board.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

sinewav wrote:Orion still doesn't qualify even with the Ladle 74 Edit. Check the Challenge Board.
hahaha, but i was logged in as orion@forums (JohnRRRRRR)
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

So apparently the bowl falls on Easter Sunday. I'm not sure how many players will be affected by this, but perhaps it is worth moving just in case?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

orion wrote:
sinewav wrote:Orion still doesn't qualify even with the Ladle 74 Edit. Check the Challenge Board.
hahaha, but i was logged in as orion@forums (JohnRRRRRR)
Yeah, that's not really funny. The Challenge Board is what we use to determine eligibility. Please change your name on the Board. I'm not joking.

Also, Rd has a full roster. I don't see a very strong reason we should make exceptions for Orion. However, it is a good discussion.
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Sine, a full roster shouldn't change orion being eligible. I understand your viewpoint; however, I don't think we should factor that into the decision, but rather, we should only be concerned with the fairness of letting/not letting him play.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

woof wrote:...we should only be concerned with the fairness of letting/not letting him play.
It is already fair if he doesn't play. We are trying to create a rule to make it fun, not fair. Will Orion playing make it more fun? That is questionable. Since all the teams have full rosters his addition won't make it more competitive.

Also, I made a mistake on the date. The correct day for Bowl 3 is April 27th.
wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

After having read the rules of the bowl, I'm wondering if this part of the rules:

"If you substitute for another team during the season make sure to move your name to their roster on the Challenge Board during or immediately following Ladle. You are not guaranteed eligibility later of you decide to appeal, though the community may allow it on a case-by-case basis. discussion"

was there from the beginning or was it added later? Is it possible to check this? Because if it was added later, we should use the rules as they were when this season started. I seem to remember the rules originally said playing 5 times for a team is enough, which would mean Orion can play in the bowl if he indeed has played for Redemption 5 times (which I think he can prove?).