Ladle 80

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Tadd
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Ladle 80

Post by Tadd »

Very nice brackets. I think we made the right choice with 1 seed, regarding that these brackets guarantee a lot of suspense. Sadly I propably can't make it. I want an easy win again and it looks like we have a lucky draw in the first round.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Can someone please fix the times on the wiki because the brackets section and the time conversion table section aren't agreeing with each other. I (and many other people) still don't know which one is correct. I predict a riot.
Playing since December 2006
TocK

Post by TocK »

but lets be real what matchup would be lucky for us?
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Monkey wrote:Can someone please fix the times on the wiki because the brackets section and the time conversion table section aren't agreeing with each other. I (and many other people) still don't know which one is correct. I predict a riot.
Go off the time table. It's definitely updated as it's using DST, which is most likely the reason for it being moved an hour. It will keep it the same time for those in DST zones.

I also have a countdown timer in the case time zones would ever be off.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Just want to say. Ouchhhhhh. That top bracket is HEAVY (all 4 bowl teams in it). This is why there would be so much tension early on for the last 2 seeds in bowl. It's even worse seeing the brackets now after the whole KS thing.

There will be intense matches from the get-go, however. Even on the bottom half of the bracket. Winner of Got Milk and Ascension will be your other finals team in my opinion, but who knows!

However, awesome brackets (except for una, ouch for being stuck in that top half on one ladle back)! This will give a lot of good experience in the bottom half (except for unk2 maybe? good team experience at least) in ladle.

Good luck everyone, hate to have a bye but that's how the cookie crumbles. Looking forward to intense matches all day!
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Overrated wrote:...except for una, ouch for being stuck in that top half...
Why are people like "ouch! bad luck"? UNA has the record for most consecutive loses. It doesn't matter what part of the bracket they are in.

Also, move this stuff to the predictions thread. J-Dawg, where is the predictions thread?
Lowkey
Core Dumper

Post by Lowkey »

Sine... little rude, cant we all just root for teams. maybe not always be a debbie downer.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Light wrote:
Monkey wrote:Can someone please fix the times on the wiki because the brackets section and the time conversion table section aren't agreeing with each other. I (and many other people) still don't know which one is correct. I predict a riot.
Go off the time table. It's definitely updated as it's using DST, which is most likely the reason for it being moved an hour. It will keep it the same time for those in DST zones.
Even if this is true, someone really needs to fix the times that are wrong or there will be lots of angry people. Can someone in the know please do this ASAP. Thanks.
Playing since December 2006
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lowkey wrote:Sine... little rude, cant we all just root for teams. maybe not always be a debbie downer.
39 consecutive losses. Good luck. I'm rooting for you. Also, having a clear grasp on reality doesn't make you a downer unless you can't handle the truth.
TocK

Post by TocK »

Honestly im with sine on that, we arent expecting much, just looking forward to playing again. Although i think we got like one win. regardless we dont win often (or at all) :(
Lowkey
Core Dumper

Post by Lowkey »

sine having a clear grasp is one thing, being straight up rude is another.

"uNa anywhere on that list would lose".

Even you have to admit that's a ridiculous statement to make, considering who is there.

"Why is everyone all like ouch?"

Because unlike your high and mighty self up on that very high pedestal, others have a little compassion and even if they don't truly mean it, have the dignity to say something nice.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

I think sine is just joking about uNa stats, meaning there is no worries lossing because uNa is a clan made for loss, did i get it?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

orion wrote:I think sine is just joking about uNa stats, meaning there is no worries lossing because uNa is a clan made for loss, did i get it?
Yes, but the stats are true.
Lowkey wrote:Because unlike your high and mighty self up on that very high pedestal, others have a little compassion and even if they don't truly mean it, have the dignity to say something nice.
You are misusing the word compassion in order to attack me and I will not allow it. Where is your suffering? You are entering a game competition. Your team's record speaks for itself: 50 losses and 1 match win (L-53). If I say uNa would lose against anyone that is what's called "a safe bet" and not "being on a pedestal." You can take that lesson to Las Vegas. Of course, it is your job to convince me otherwise. No amount of positive thinking will make you win if you don't have skills. So prove it. Please. SHOVE YOUR WIN IN MY FACE.

Although, it is nice to see old players return. I think all of you are pretty cool, except for that one guy. So good luck. You're still gonna lose though. But you knew that already, so I don't see what your problem is. You are playing as uNa for fun so just ignore me and go have fun already. Sheesh.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

man, im stats overlord, i know its accurate :lol: i meant you are joking because of these stats
Pathetique
Average Program

Post by Pathetique »

sinewav wrote:So prove it. Please. SHOVE YOUR WIN IN MY FACE.
I lold.