Ladle 80

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Ladle 80

Post by sinewav »

Challenge Board

This is the final Ladle of Bowl season and 3rd/4th seed are anyone's guess. Good luck everyone. :)
Soul
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 80

Post by Soul »

I'm assuming KS's spot in the bowl won't be given away, right?

Also, thanks to whoever made the results page more user friendly by adding that navigation box. It was such a pain to have to scroll through it before :P
Luiso
Average Program

Post by Luiso »

Soul wrote:I'm assuming KS's spot in the bowl won't be given away, right?
I just wonder what will happen if ks members don't wanna team up for bowl, they should clarify it imo
I am not responsible for the content of this message ;)
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

wiki wrote:The Eightieth TRONIC Ladle will be played on Sunday, March 2nd, 2014!
*April 6th :done:
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

If I dont remember bad, the team who attain the seed needs to repeat Team Leader and 5 members total right?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Soul wrote:Also, thanks to whoever made the results page more user friendly by adding that navigation box. It was such a pain to have to scroll through it before :P
I believe this was dlh's doing. It's great.
Soul wrote:I'm assuming KS's spot in the bowl won't be given away, right?
This is a little unclear. It is not written in the Bowl guidelines on the wiki. However, last season we had the problem of Speeders not having a full team (actually, 3/8 of the teams were short players). It seems to have been decided that any team who declines to participate will be replaced with the next highest team. In this case, Kill Street only has two players who qualify for Bowl: vogue, and blondie. If Kill Street declines to play (likely) their seed will be taken by the 5th ranked team in the season.

Of course, since this was not written in the guidelines I would not expect the Bowl teams to accept this rule if they didn't want to. However, it would make for a much better event.

Speaking of the event, has anyone got the steaming situation down? I suspect there will be a lot of spectators.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

I believe that instead of the 5th ranked team taking that spot, the teams should be bumped up a seed instead. So 3 would be 2, and 4 would be 3. Although it will mess up the planning aspect (only slightly), it offers a better solution than having that 5th seeded team play the 3rd seeded team in this situation. Lowest seed should face highest seed, with the two middling against each other.

If that's what you said then ignore my post; but it sounds like the 5th ranked team would plug in to where KS would play.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Overrated wrote:I believe that instead of the 5th ranked team taking that spot, the teams should be bumped up a seed instead. So 3 would be 2, and 4 would be 3.
That makes a lot of sense. In the previous discussion we were just swapping the final, 8th seed for the 9th. Let's hammer this out in a way that is fair for everyone. Just remember, a qualified team, even if they have one member, still has the option to play. This is another issue we haven't sorted out. We also suggested a qualifying team must have at least 5 players who played 5 times. That sounds like a good rule too.

( :!: Mods should prepare to split this thread is necessary.)
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

sinewav wrote: We also suggested a qualifying team must have at least 5 players who played 5 times. That sounds like a good rule too.
I think something like this is needed. It wouldn't be enjoyable for players nor spectators to watch a 6v3.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

sinewav wrote:We also suggested a qualifying team must have at least 5 players who played 5 times. That sounds like a good rule too.
I think we agreed on that? I mean it was a while ago, so I don't remember, but I don't see any good arguments for allowing a team with less than 5 qualifying players to participate. 5v6 is difficult but doable, but it could be discussed whether 4v6 could be ok. Maybe those 4 (for the 2015 bowl) are the best players ever and could win it all? A team of 4 beating a top team of 6 in the finals would be entertaining ^^. super unlikely though. My point being: "at least 4" or "at least 5"? I'd say "at least 5".
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ok I know it's early to say this but it seems we are generally agreeing that teams should have a minimum and unqualified teams should be replaced. Now, focusing on this next Bowl, the main question is "should the unqualified team be simply replaced or should all the lower seeds get bumped up one in it's place?" I think the later, right? I would like to see the most feedback from the top teams since it affects you the most.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Definitely the latter. With the teams "1 2 3 4 5", if #2 is taken out, "1 5 3 4" wouldn't make a lot of sense. "1 3 4 5" would. in fact "1 5 3 4" would defeat the whole purpose of seeds, which is to rank the teams from strongest to weakest as accurately as possible based on the [season's] results.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

yeah there should not even be discussed, it's pretty much common sense moving up one seed every team.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Titanoboa wrote:Definitely the latter. With the teams "1 2 3 4 5", if #2 is taken out, "1 5 3 4" wouldn't make a lot of sense. "1 3 4 5" would. in fact "1 5 3 4" would defeat the whole purpose of seeds, which is to rank the teams from strongest to weakest as accurately as possible based on the [season's] results.
Agreed.
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

orion wrote:If I dont remember bad, the team who attain the seed needs to repeat Team Leader and 5 members total right?
To retain seeds in ladle, you need 5 similar players, or only 4 including a captain.

For bowl, a team should have members that played at least 5 ladles in the same team.