Random videos thread

Anything About Anything...
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Re: Random videos thread

Post by Jonathan »

Peasanttron wrote:So, I've been familiar with circuit bending for a long time. (I betcha sinewav has, too. Lucifer?) I was also aware of cartridge tilting with video games. But I didn't know this was a thing:

N64 Corruption Guide
Zelda: Ocarina of Death (Corruptions)
Super Mario 64: ROM Corruption
Although I hadn't searched for it, I figured people would be doing it. It's just pretty boring because you can't do that much. You corrupt a resource and you get glitchy visuals and such. You corrupt code and you're out. If you dig a little deeper and make targeted changes it isn't really corruption anymore. I don't think I really get the charm. :) Might have to do with overexposure through the broken GPU of my old PowerBook, and actually trying to play games with it?
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:So, I've been familiar with circuit bending for a long time. (I betcha sinewav has, too. Lucifer?)
I don't know enough about electronics to bend them, but I once made an effects processor out of broken guitar pedals.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

So is that just the hardware salvaged and put into 1 nice looking unit?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

sinewav wrote:
Phytotron wrote:So, I've been familiar with circuit bending for a long time. (I betcha sinewav has, too. Lucifer?)
I don't know enough about electronics to bend them, but I once made an effects processor out of broken guitar pedals.
Ah, see, because of that and other comments you've made (like modding geetars), I had got the impression you were a bit of an electronics tinkerer.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Bytes wrote:So is that just the hardware salvaged and put into 1 nice looking unit?
Yes, but it has kind of a unique sound because not all the original parts work or work correctly.
Freeman87

Post by Freeman87 »

saragei
Core Dumper

Post by saragei »

Never trust a species that grins all the time. It’s up to something. —Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
Warum sage ich überhaupt was? Das ist, als würde man seinem Navi widersprechen —Bernd das Brot, Kika-Lounge
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

sinewav wrote:One of the greatest things I've ever seen. Colonel Chris Hadfield's cover of "Space Oddity" by David Bowie. Those familiar with the original video will enjoy this even more.

Guessing this guy has heard the song ^^
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

this and this pretty much sums up my life perfectly LOL
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Harold Ramis - Stripes - Basic English

The whole first act of this film, before they got to boot camp, was filmed here in Louisville. The scene where Murray is driving the taxi across the bridge actually shows him leaving the city as he crosses over into southern Indiana. There's no airport there.
Last edited by Phytotron on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Last semester (it just ended) I had a professor who looked and talked just like that (the hair, the clothes, the voice, everything).
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

The Unloved: Tron Legacy

http://vimeo.com/87142368

(I feel like lots of "easter eggs" and references to other movies alone don't make a good movie, and that no moviegoer would think the 'philosophy' that is explained here is very deep and was as important to the film as this essay suggests though...)
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners

I can approve of the Swedish one (complete nonsense of course but accent is spot on (stockholm accent)), and as far as I can tell the others are great too ^^
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Danish Language

Pretty old
Boxed
saragei
Core Dumper

Post by saragei »

Unsere Amateure, echte Profis (short version)
A stirring video about the amateur soccer players and supporters who are the sport's real heros (which I -- being an ex-soccer-mom -- can only confirm). :D
Never trust a species that grins all the time. It’s up to something. —Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
Warum sage ich überhaupt was? Das ist, als würde man seinem Navi widersprechen —Bernd das Brot, Kika-Lounge