Match Winner

Re: People all over the world I need your help

Post by delinquent »

Lordy, here we go again.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Phytotron wrote:According to a 2006 report by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of all human-induced greenhouse gas emissions, including 37 percent of methane emissions and 65 percent of nitrous oxide emissions. The methane releases from billions of imprisoned animals on factory farms are 70 times more damaging per ton to the earth’s atmosphere than CO2.

In animal farming, much of the methane comes from lagoons of liquefied manure at industrial facilities, which are as nauseating as they sound. This isn’t a problem at traditional farms. "Before the 1970s, methane emissions from manure were minimal because the majority of livestock farms in the U.S. were small operations where animals deposited manure in pastures and corrals," the Environmental Protection Agency says. The E.P.A. found that with the rapid rise of factory farms, liquefied manure systems became the norm and methane emissions skyrocketed. Much of the problem arises when livestock eat poor quality forages, throwing their digestive systems out of balance.

Indirectly, factory farms contribute to climate disruption by their impact on deforestation and draining of wetlands, and because of the nitrous oxide emissions from huge amounts of pesticides used to grow the genetically engineered corn and soy fed to animals raised in CAFOs. Nitrous oxide pollution is even worse than methane—200 times more damaging per ton than CO2. And just as animal waste leaches antibiotics and hormones into ground and water, pesticides and fertilizers also eventually find their way into our waterways, further damaging the environment.

Scientific American: How Meat Contributes to Global Warming

takburger wrote:I just love when US people talk about ecology, it makes me laugh :)
Don't be a jerk.
Hence Chipotle using naturally raised Cattle. As an effort to be part of the sustainability movement within corporations. Which in turn benefits the company due to a multitude of justifications.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

takburger wrote:Not sure if me being a jerk or USA being a jerk to the world :lol:
You're being a jerk. I know it's unthinking fashion where you come from, but a jerk nonetheless.
Mkay1 wrote:Hence Chipotle using naturally raised Cattle. As an effort to be part of the sustainability movement within corporations. Which in turn benefits the company due to a multitude of justifications.
All of which remains objectionable due to a multitude of justifications.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Phytotron wrote:
takburger wrote:Not sure if me being a jerk or USA being a jerk to the world :lol:
You're being a jerk. I know it's unthinking fashion where you come from, but a jerk nonetheless.
oh I see with that attack that I'm not the only jerk down there :D
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Let me get this straight: You instigate by talking shit about America, a country that you clearly know very little about, beyond the typical ignorant slurs you subscribe to in order to be fashionable among your peers. But then when I call you out for it, you not only double-down on it, you then proceed to characterize me as the one who's on the attack? Is that right?

Now I have another question: How much of this double-standard is a case of the hypocrisy of moral righteousness inherent to the fashion of ignorant anti-Americanism, and how much is you just being that much of a simple-minded prick on your own? I just want to be clear which I'm dealing with for future reference.

European, are you?
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

olol this made my day. ok lets proceed
Phytotron wrote:talking shit about America
I just said you had very high polution per capita, it is a fact, it is not shit.
Phytotron wrote:a country that you clearly know very little about
I never said I knew it well, I just was quoting data from world bank, data that is 100% validated by institutions
Phytotron wrote:beyond the typical ignorant slurs you subscribe to
Once again I was quoting data and trolling about it. You see, all over the world we have ecological activists, who fight for better ecology, sometimes their claims sound funny. For example in Europe, ecologists are claiming so much more, while if the rest of the world just was doing the minimum we do it would be fine, but you see the rest of the world do not care, like usa.
Phytotron wrote:order to be fashionable among your peers
I'm not seeking my peers and you seen nobody is supporting me anyway, I'm just trolling you for the sake of it, and because you feed me. Also to continue previous thinking, I feel extremely serious the fact that you do not give a single **** about ecology and that your country as well as many others are ruining our planet and we are doing stuff for it and you do not give a single ****. So it is extremely frustrating as well as a scandal, and you come here being mad at me for being mad at you (us) because you are one of the countries that ruin the planet faster than us humans already do.
Phytotron wrote:But then when I call you out for it, you not only double-down on it, you then proceed to characterize me as the one who's on the attack? Is that right?
I'm the one who stays polite and on a joking tone, you come out big and start being un-polite. My characterization is well deserved. Please raise your manners. (and if I wanted to bash I could add : "oh right but you're a 'murrican you have no manners" but I'm not adding that)
Phytotron wrote:Now I have another question: How much of this double-standard is a case of the hypocrisy of moral righteousness inherent to the fashion of ignorant anti-Americanism, and how much is you just being that much of a simple-minded prick on your own? I just want to be clear which I'm dealing with for future reference.
So much bullshit in one sentence. I especially love the "simple-minded" part :)

For info, you're dealing with someone you don't know, you have two choices, assume that he is simple-minded or not. I would tell you that I am indeed a very stupid person, as you can see.
Phytotron wrote:European, are you?
Yes (and in my country we use to laugh about everyone and everything all the time, it is a pleasant way to tell truths), and you I suppose from US? Where?

Also, do you watch Fox News?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Interesting. I went from thinking tak was a decent human being to believing the opposite. Hate when that happens.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

sinewav wrote:Interesting. I went from thinking tak was a decent human being to believing the opposite. Hate when that happens.
Thank you for the previous thought.

A good image worth a thousand words so:
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

takburger wrote:
Phytotron wrote:European, are you?
Yes (and in my country we use to laugh about everyone and everything all the time, it is a pleasant way to tell truths)
man, Argentina isnt a part of Europe

by the way, dont be mad at phyto, he doesnt represent 100% of USA

hope you can meet your shoes rugkei!

all this conversation.... i want meat
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

sinewav wrote:Interesting. I went from thinking tak was a decent human being to believing the opposite. Hate when that happens.
He confirmed everything I said about him, so.... Ignorant, immature, hypocritical, shallow and fashion-driven, trolling, and did I mention ignorant? Scum, in short. Check all boxes.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:
He confirmed everything I said about him, so.... Ignorant, immature, hypocritical, shallow and fashion-driven, trolling, and did I mention ignorant? Scum, in short. Check all boxes.
Yeah, I was going to point out all that and more, but, you know, waste of time.

[/thread]
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Phytotron wrote:
haha. Yes, destroying every assertion you did was a way to confirm that.

You prove again yourself to be a weak argumenter as well as someone who judge other people without anything to back it off.

Lets proceed again:

Ignorant: there was no knowledge involved in that argument we had, all the possible stuff to know were provided by my side with a source. From yours, nothing, only empty statements

Immature: i'm respectful, you are insulting, you are judging someone you don't know, I do not judge you.

Hypocritical: just look at all those points being destroyed by basic logic, who is the hypocrite then?

Shallow: I'm developing logic you are just stating things out of nowhere. Please

Fashion-driven: you have the support of Sine, I have none, so much of a fashion

Scum: nice insult again.

Damn, if you got to troll me. Please bring some better level, get some friends to fight alongside with you I don't know. Do something.

ps: Oh and please, once again, raise your manners, I do not insult you, you should not insult me either. We are no friends, I do not allow you to have such familiar language with me.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

takburger wrote:You prove again yourself to be a weak argumenter...
I actually lol'd at this. :moustache:
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Somewhat related: This bit was in the news recently; it's about one third of Americans who don't know that the earth is spinning around the sun, but only the Süddeutsche reported that Europeans did even worse when asked the same question.

http://www.bildblog.de/54752/peinliche- ... heluecken/

Google Translator doesn't work there for some reason, but since the study itself is pictured in English, a non-German person won't have a real comprehension problem I guess - there's also a link to the PDF with the full study, in case anyone is interested - I'm looking at you, tak.
A few weeks ago I began eating more steaks at some steakhouse chain (where they are relatively cheap). My doctor said I'd need iron and blood transfusions otherwise (and although I had those before, he informed me that there's a serious concern that those can cause deathly anaphylactic shocks even if one used to tolerate this medication without any problems). The alternatives are porcini (often contains nicotine, according to Wikipedia) and spinache (I like spinache and already it frequently, but it's generally not as well-digestible as cooked meat). For what it's worth, I feel like a horrible person every time I sit in front of a steak, but I haven't found any real alternatives so far. Two of my best friends happen to be vegetarian, but not in an evangelistic way. They seem to be a little anaemic too, though.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Word wrote:Somewhat related: This bit was in the news recently; it's about one third of Americans who don't know that the earth is spinning around the sun, but only the Süddeutsche reported that Europeans did even worse when asked the same question.

http://www.bildblog.de/54752/peinliche- ... heluecken/

Google Translator doesn't work there for some reason, but since the study itself is pictured in English, a non-German person won't have a real comprehension problem I guess - there's also a link to the PDF with the full study, in case anyone is interested - I'm looking at you, tak.
A few weeks ago I began eating more steaks at some steakhouse chain (where they are relatively cheap). My doctor said I'd need iron and blood transfusions otherwise (and although I had those before, he informed me that there's a serious concern that those can cause deathly anaphylactic shocks even if one used to tolerate this medication without any problems). The alternatives are porcini (often contains nicotine, according to Wikipedia) and spinache (I like spinache and already it frequently, but it's generally not as well-digestible as cooked meat). For what it's worth, I feel like a horrible person every time I sit in front of a steak, but I haven't found any real alternatives so far. Two of my best friends happen to be vegetarian, but not in an evangelistic way. They seem to be a little anaemic too, though.
Very interesting paper showing how we're all stupid. (by the way, do you think this is right to compare the whole Europe to USA? I mean, USA is one federal government with federal policies and news that impact the whole federation. What does Germany have in common with let say Bulgaria... Or Romania...)

Yes you have the main issue of a vegan, so you eat lentil?

Sine, great that you laugh. To get back on the start of the argument, I was doing a joke that was taken very wrong by phyto :lol: