Elmo

Anything About Anything...
Cadillac_
Average Program

Elmo

Post by Cadillac_ »

After Sine.wav's wonderful post on trontimes, and having seen Elmo's own dad make a post on it, i was motivated to do something.
Here i ask for everyone that reads this to post one word that describes Elmo to you. One word! Thats it! Feel free to comment after but i only want one word.
I will be using the complete list in a special project that i share later.

Thanks for your consideration.

I will start.
Honest.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Re: Elmo

Post by Gazelle »

Generous

Your message contains 15 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 21.
kite
Average Program

Post by kite »

Passionate.
Tadd
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Tadd »

Sorry for posting it here, but since it's a topic about Elmo and some might not read the trontimes:
His dad asked how he found the game and why he called himself "Elmo". So if anyone knows about it, tell him.

Fun!
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

Dedicated.

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Engaged

Tadd wrote:His dad asked how he found the game and why he called himself "Elmo". So if anyone knows about it, tell him.
:done: Done.
Shock
Core Dumper

Post by Shock »

According to The Daily Collegian, Elmo was involved in Help Every Angel Live. Here's the link for anyone interested in donating. http://www.clubs.psu.edu/up/healftk/donate.html
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

stubborn

not at all an insult btw. :)
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I loved how snarky he could be.
Luiso
Average Program

Post by Luiso »

Sweet

I am not responsible for the content of this message ;)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Luiso wrote:Sweet

This was the first thing I thought too before I said engaged.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Yesterday I sat here for 20 minutes without being able to articulate my thoughts, leave alone putting them in one single word. I don't want to take part in a competition about who said the best, most sensitive thing about Elmo (I didn't know his real name when he was still alive and to me, it feels somewhat wrong to use it without his approval), even though I respect what everyone has said here with the best intentions. Elmo was a kind young man, and as his death shows, he also had problems and flaws that, ultimately, also made him interesting and human and set him apart from the rest. He was irreplaceable. I'm still not sure how to express this in the proper way - I personally don't think it's right to idealize everything because it seems like turning a blind eye to the fact that such tendencies don't come out of nowhere and something is wrong with our ideals in the first place. I'm probably preaching to the choir here, though.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

eulogy, Word.

It's what is done.

it's from the greek eulogia, meaning praise
eu - well
logia - speaking
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

No, I don't mean we shouldn't praise Elmo or his legacy, just that to me, a real eulogy can't consist of one word and that we all should try to learn something out of this, if possible - and in order to accomplish that, one should not even begin to construct an icon, but try to remember the human. I can't help thinking that what happened to him could happen to any of us (didn't you ever wonder how many of the players here had issues they didn't want to talk about, or happen to be vulnerable in ways you never imagined? I'm trying to lay out my own thought process here...to paraphrase what Overrated said on Orion's blog, shouldn't we ask ourselves if there was anything we could have done? Is that question always unanswerable? I don't know the answer, but that question is relevant to me, as I was critical of him as well, and I think it's right to ask it - I know this doesn't apply to everyone here) - if I had to predict something like this for every player I know, he would have been on the bottom of the list. Yes, he was sweet, engaged and dedicated - and all this praise, as rightful as it is, makes his loss only more depressing, together with this question that will probably remain forever unanswered.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

weird

-------------------------