A Few Questions

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

A Few Questions

Post by Light »

Auto Ban - Is there any way to disable being banned automatically from too many kicks? I'm using KICK_TO to switch servers via script, and until I did it a little too often, I never thought about people getting banned from it.

Zone Collapse - When I collapse zones, for some reason they won't collapse the whole way. Even setting the TARGET_SURVIVE_TIME to 0 or .001 doesn't do the trick. They just collapse part way, then I have to call collapse again after it's done. Calling multiple collapse commands together don't work either when they're too close together.

Settings Changed - In the language file, I've set nconfig_value_changed blank like you would with chat_command_unknown, but it still spams the settings changes. Is there a way to remove this, or would it require a source edit (hardcoded)?
Light

Re: A Few Questions

Post by Light »

Autoban is fixed with the following.

Code: Select all

NETWORK_AUTOBAN_FACTOR 0
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I think there's a way you can reduce or increase the time they'd be banned, so you could make it 0.00000001 seconds.
I don't remember how though. No help I know :(

Edit: Shouldn't it be this you have to change to 0?

NETWORK_MIN_BAN
About the other two, I don't really have any ideas at all, except if it's to do with your "snake" servers, could it be because there are zones being created at the exact same time as one is collapsing?

Actually tried to think of a way you could've did it with flags, but can't think'a one. But it gives me an idea. You could make a game that's kind'a like snake but but more CTF like. Exactly the same way you do it now except you always have to touch the goal after you pick up each flag, and obviously the flags appear all over the place like the zones do in your snake servers. It's the same idea as snake, only you wouldn't have to worry about the zones collapsing.
Last edited by ConVicT on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Light

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:I think there's a way you can reduce or increase the time they'd be banned, so you could make it 0.00000001 seconds.
I don't remember how though. No help I know :(

Edit: Shouldn't it be this you have to change to 0?

NETWORK_MIN_BAN
Changing the autoban factor to 0 will always multiply by 0, so it solves the problem.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Sorry, I edited my last reply and it didn't say there was a new post like it usually does. :o
Light

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:Actually tried to think of a way you could've did it with flags, but can't think'a one. But it gives me an idea. You could make a game that's kind'a like snake but but more CTF like. Exactly the same way you do it now except you always have to touch the goal after you pick up each flag, and obviously the flags appear all over the place like the zones do in your snake servers. It's the same idea as snake, only you wouldn't have to worry about the zones collapsing.
Don't feel worth it to make a new server for such a small change. Also, I couldn't reset now after people are starting to get some nice scores. It would just piss them off and drive them away.

Voodoo said he'd look into some of it for me, so hopefully something good comes from that. (:
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Good luck!

One thing I did want to ask about those servers. There are 3 of them, so is the scoring system spread across the 3 of 'em, or can I have a different position in each server?

Edit: Just thought of something. I'm guessing that when you pass through a zone, that zone creates a new zone,, and collapses its self.
What if you used delay_command so that it's not trying to do both at the same time. Make it create the new zone then delay collapse_zone for 0.1 seconds.. But as I said, I'm just guessing on how you made it , I just think that the a zone creating a zone whilst trying to collapse a zone, is why it's happening. Probably wrong, I just like throwing suggestions out there :D
Last edited by ConVicT on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Light

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:Good luck!

One thing I did want to ask about those servers. There are 3 of them, so is the scoring system spread across the 3 of 'em, or can I have a different position in each server?
They share the same scoreboard.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Lmao it's not telling me you're saying something before I submit *Someone sort it*.
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Use MOVE_TO instead. It won't raise the kick score.

Not sure about the zone collapses though I thought that was weird when I saw it.

For the language file thing, have you tried putting a space " "?
At the very least, getting it to change to something different is a step forward.
Light

Post by Light »

Durf wrote:Use MOVE_TO instead. It won't raise the kick score.
Well, a duh to me. :P That would make more sense.
Durf wrote:Not sure about the zone collapses though I thought that was weird when I saw it.
Fixed that. :P Voodoo got me to focus on the right part. lol (thanks voodoo)
Durf wrote:For the language file thing, have you tried putting a space " "?
At the very least, getting it to change to something different is a step forward.
Can try out a few things to see if I can get it to do anything. I'll let ya know.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

The nconfig_value_changed message is client-side. You can't silence it with any modifications on the server.
Light

Post by Light »

dlh wrote:The nconfig_value_changed message is client-side. You can't silence it with any modifications on the server.
Awe. Well, thanks for lettin' me know anyways.

// Edit - This thread is solved now and may be closed if you wish. Thanks guys.