Singlebind Sumo Bar Tournament #2 | 01-26-2014 |

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Singlebind Sumo Bar Tournament #2 | 01-26-2014 |

Post by Cody »

Leave your GID here and what region you want to play in if you dont know how to use the wiki

Homepage
http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/SbSBT

Brackets
USA Side:
Euro Side:
Full Brackets: http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/ ... T_Brackets

Opening Round times

Code: Select all

CET: 19:00(7PM)
UTC/GMT: 18:00(6PM)
EST: 1:00PM
CST: 12:00PM(NOON)
MST: 11:00AM
PST: 10:00AM
*will be double checking times, subject to change*

F.A.Q

This will tell you guys what to do on the day of the tournament and what rules are in place to stop confusion & cheating

== Whats Sb? (Singlebind) ==
A forced setting that allows you to only use 1 bind to turn right/left ( 1 key turns your bike left, 1 key turns your bike right)

== How to op subs(Or someone who is having trouble logging in) & How they are a valid sub ==
First, if at 1:05 EST/EDT you have missing people from your circle, you can replace them with subs(if there are subs lurking around)
If you guys find a sub, MAKE THEM LOG IN WITH A VALID GID*if i see a player playing not logged in, ill be removing them from the circle.*
Make sure this sub isn't signed up for another circle. Also make sure this sub isn't under alias.
Your circle holds the power to reject any sub.(Unless I say the sub needs to play in that circle)
You can easily op someone with /op name 8 , they will now be able to play.

== What if the original player shows up late? ==
If theres room they can login and enter the game no matter what round it is.
If theres 8 people playing, they can go try to find another place in another circle.

== What if only 1-4 of us show up? ==
Congrats you made the top 4 of your circle! Take a screenshot & post on this topic who showed up and you 1-4 are in the next round.

== What if the server we are in is having problems? ==
If the server crashes or is having an extreme laggy meltdown you may then all vote to decide if you wanna switch servers.
It must be a unanimous decision if the server is just laggy
If it crashed, please look for an open server of the same country(USA go to another USA, EURO go to another EURO)

== I D'CD while playing, Do I get my points back? ==
In 1st round you most likely wont get your points back, youll have to enter the game again and try your hardest to get top 4.
In EURO/USA Finals & SbSBT Finals, theres a good chance you'll get your points back

== How do I record the results of my circle? ==
At the end of round 18, please take a screenshot and post it in this topic so we can record the scores Thanks.
(PLEASE EVERYONE STAY UNTIL THE END OF ROUND 18 SO WE CAN GET FULL SCORES)

== I didn't sign up in time but I wanna play! Is there a chance I can still play? ==
Yes, sometimes people who sign-up don't show up, if you're in a SbSBT 1st Round Server, and its 10mins past the opening round time, you are now eligible to play in their spot (please see how to be oped at the top of FAQ)

PLEASE take a picture of your match ending on Round 18
Just need a picture of the top 4, all 8 would be appreciated so don't leave your circle so fast at the end of round 18
Post it here afterwards.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Singlebind Sumo Bar Tournament #2 | 01-26-2014 |

Post by Light »

Added to my tournament countdown page and can provide servers if ya need them again. (:
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Light wrote:Added to my tournament countdown page and can provide servers if ya need them again. (:
Oh yes very much so! I love your servers!
Lowkey
Core Dumper

Post by Lowkey »

You rox Cody!!!! hopefully this one goes better. My server will be up.
Last edited by Lowkey on Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light

Post by Light »

Server is up and ACCESS_LEVEL_PLAY has been set to 20 until you put out the new auth file. So, ya got a practice server I guess, in case there aren't (m)any other SB sumo servers available.

Also, duplicated you SBT template and made an SbSBT one since you use the same colors, just copy/paste. Copied your SBT Servers section to your wiki page as well and added my server to it so I don't forget to add it later.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

US, Fippmam@forums

Thx whoever signs me up
misterplayer
Average Program

Post by misterplayer »

Sign me up please.

misterplayer@aagid

US
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Im sorry but i have a question... And this isnt directed at one individual, but what is the reasoning behind having somebody else sign you up?

Does it really take that long? Like i've seen this over the last several tournaments and i dont know why people cant just sign themselves up. I know cody said he would, but still.
Light

Post by Light »

Gazelle wrote:Im sorry but i have a question... And this isnt directed at one individual, but what is the reasoning behind having somebody else sign you up?

Does it really take that long? Like i've seen this over the last several tournaments and i dont know why people cant just sign themselves up. I know cody said he would, but still.
People who don't feel like signing up for a wiki account I guess. It's tough work .. not everyone can put forth such efforts.
misterplayer
Average Program

Post by misterplayer »

This isn't directed at anyone either. /me looks right at gaz. Maybe because people don't have an account on the wiki? I'm not really a forums person, as you can see this is like my fifth post of something.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Mister, you happened to be the most recent one to ask this of cxdy. It by no means was directed at you or any other individual like I stated in my original post. Get your panties out of a bunch ;)

Back to WST, Cxdy do you by any chance have a clue when you might have brackets up? Are you planning on thursday or keep it like you do with SBT on a friday or saturday?
Last edited by Gazelle on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Gazelle wrote: Back to WST, Cxdy do you by any chance have a clue when you might have brackets up? Are you planning on thursday or keep it like you do with SBT on a friday or saturday?
Gurl, thats the other cody thats hosting WST. LOL
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Cody wrote:Gurl, thats the other cody thats hosting WST. LOL

Oh shit, you right you right... I actually forgot what thread i was on, had WST and SBSBT open at the same time. :D
misterplayer
Average Program

Post by misterplayer »

Gazelle wrote:Mister, you happened to be the most recent one to ask this of cxdy. It by no means was directed at you or any other individual like I stated in my original post. Get your panties out of a bunch ;)

Back to WST, Cxdy do you by any chance have a clue when you might have brackets up? Are you planning on thursday or keep it like you do with SBT on a friday or saturday?

;)
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Just a heads up, this is next Sunday. Please, if you signed up weeks ago when I opened sign-ups, please make sure you still can make it Sunday, I know sometimes people schedules change.