Can we have a Ladle on Sunday, 22nd?

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Can we have a Ladle on Sunday, 22nd?

Post by sinewav »

bilbo baggins wrote:...under the assumption that this is quite flexible in terms of having subs we can pick up a player or 2 later?
Right, this is not a Ladle and not subject to Ladle rules. However, the rules for Ladle enforce good sportsmanship, so basically, don't do anything that would be considered a dick move.
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Very fun tourney, finals were sooo close. Nice try KS, great comeback RD, /me hugs Unforgettables.

This 4-way fort is very exciting, much more strategy than in normal fort and it's less predictable. Like when I was in Vov's zone, but he closed me and I was going to die for sure, but then Axon came out of nowhere and Vov had to go def his zone and I escaped :)

Good games.

Thanks for hosting this tourney Sinewav, both servers were very good. With 16 players playing I expected much more lag.
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Nice matches everyone!

@pike: Assists from other teams FTW! :D
Gotta play with you again though next time ^^

Thanks to the ones who did the decisions on the tourney and for the pretty good servers. I think we should get on #armagetron.tourneys on IRC and tell everyone (or captains only) to discuss about it if we do something like this again.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I'm glad everyone had fun, which was the whole point. I know there was some frustration with the lack of rules, but we don't play 4TF enough to make solid guidelines because the number of teams varies greatly. If anyone has the motivation we can come up with a system to cover all the possible combinations/outcomes.
Attachments
A badge, if anyone wants one.
A badge, if anyone wants one.
4tf4.png (4.36 KiB) Viewed 2021 times
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

ggs, was fun, gz to ct+wolf!

It would be fun to play them more often (like 1/quarter)!
Nub
Average Program

Post by Nub »

sinewav wrote:I'm glad everyone had fun, which was the whole point. I know there was some frustration with the lack of rules, but we don't play 4TF enough to make solid guidelines because the number of teams varies greatly. If anyone has the motivation we can come up with a system to cover all the possible combinations/outcomes.
YES BADGE!!

Thanks for hosting this. Every 4 team fort I've done I've enjoyed immensely. The strategies are so challenging and gameplay is very unique. Good matches today against all teams!

We should devote a new topic to rule discussion and try to make this more concrete. It's probably been discussed in the past, but there were some frustrated people with how the tournament went today. That's the side effect of spoon-esque free form tournaments, but I think 4 team fort should have a bigger (more official) place in our community.
Image Image Image Image
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

I agree on Nub. Maybe this could grow to a 2/3-monthly event.

I must say that it was very chaotic organized but apparently sine-wav asked Ritsuka to admin the event. A few hours before the start he completely misunderstood the 4TF (4TF is no 4 man team playing a regular match). I explained it to him, and we tried to get as many info on the wiki so people would show up and understood the quick decided rules.

When it started it was kinda a mess, and I offered to help. But somehow he just ignored it, which is pretty lame I think. Stil thanks for organizing it a bit rits. Thx to Sine for starting it and setting up the basic wiki!

Thx R for letting me play.
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

Sorry I couldnt make it. Christmas has a way of changing plans on people haha. But Gz to Aqua Squad!! I feel like brok3n, get em all together but doesnt play :x
ImageImageImageImageImage
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

J Dawg wrote:Sorry I couldnt make it. Christmas has a way of changing plans on people haha. But Gz to Aqua Squad!! I feel like brok3n, get em all together but doesnt play :x
How dare you insult the godfather....

woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Gazelle wrote:
J Dawg wrote:Sorry I couldnt make it. Christmas has a way of changing plans on people haha. But Gz to Aqua Squad!! I feel like brok3n, get em all together but doesnt play :x

J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

woof wrote:
Gazelle wrote:

psh wolfs a tourny winner now, he doesnt need that hag :p He'll be running with some new guys around the block

ImageImageImageImageImage