Clan Mafia #4 (Sign-Ups OPEN! 5/7)

Anything About Anything...
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Clan Mafia #4 (Sign-Ups OPEN! 5/7)

Post by Ritsuka »

Warning: post not as long as should be

Let me just say, you don't necessarily have to read the full tutorial at the bottom, but it is extremely advised, due to several issues with players not understanding the mechanics of the game.

Detailed Game Mechanics: http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Setup693

Rules: (copied from the R forums)
Titanoboa wrote:Ever played mafia? It's a really fun party game and apparently there are web versions as well. Back in the days of lagtest, we played a forum version of Werewolf (same as mafia with different roles) and it was a lot of fun. Having a great time playing it with rl friends yesterday made me want to do it with you guys on these forums, so:

This is the tron version :D I'll explain the rules and the roles below.

All the players are in an armagetron clan together, and have been doing fine together for a time. However, it's come to the clan's attention that there's a small group of mutineers who want to take over the clan! The problem is, the clan members do not know who the mutineers really are. (and that's a good thing, because if they did this game would be very pointless and boring).
In addition to the clan members and the mutineers, there's a clan leader and a forum administrator.

There's day time and there's night time. During the night time, a few things happen: The mutineers pick a victim, whom they gang up on and force to leave/rq the clan, the forum administrator may check logs/pm's to find out if a clan member is good or bad, and the clan leader may choose to protect a member from being targetted by the mutineers. Nobody talks on the forums during the night time.
During day time, no role-specific actions occur. This is when you discuss on the forums, trying to figure out who the mutineers are, and you nominate people you want kicked from the clan (to get rid of the mutineers from the clan before it's too late!). At the end of the day, the nominated players are taken to a vote, and all the clan members (including the nominated ones) are to vote on who is kicked. You can also vote specifically for 'nobody', and if that is in majority nobody will be kicked that day.
When a person is kicked or leaves the clan, you won't get to find out what role he/she played.

Now, a clear list of the roles and what they do, and how they win the game:
Clan Members: The innocent good guys. They have no special tasks other than removing the mutineers from the clan by kickvoting. They win when all mutineers are gone.
Mutineers: The bad guys. They can kickvote during the day, and they decide together on a victim for rq during the night. When they've decided on a victim, they all PM the gameleader with their target. The mutineers win the game when they're in majority.
Clan Leader: Innocent good guy, but has the ability to protect someone during the night. If he/she chooses the same target as the mutineers, that player does not rq the clan that night. Cannot choose to protect itself and can protected anyone as many nights in a row as they wish.
Forum Admin: Innocent good guy, but has the ability to investigate players during the night, to find out if they're innocent or mutineers. Wins the game when all mutineers are gone.
Gameplay:
Titanoboa wrote:NO TALKING: applies during night if you're in the game, always (day and night) if you're dead or not in the game.

NIGHT:
Mutineers make someone ragequit every night, can choose not to. Can target themselves
Clan Leader protects one member per night, can choose not to. Cannot target itself.
Forum Administrator makes one lookup per night, shouldn't choose not to, but can. Cannot target itself.
Clan Members don't have any night actions.

DAY: Everybody's awake, and you need to find and kick the mutineers, so discuss! Vote for the ones you think are being suspicious. At the end of the day, the option (either a player or 'no kick') with the most votes wins, and you enter night phase again.

VOTING: to make it clear, the one you're voting for should be bolded. If you want to change your vote during the day, you have to unbold your previous vote. If a person has more than one bolded name in his/her posts that day, the first one is counted (so make sure you unbold if you wanna switch!) If you want nobody to be kicked, you have to vote for no kick. If the voting is tied at the end of the day, no one is kicked.

During the game, you may not use any PM's to/from the game leader, or screenshots in any form, as evidence. If you're gonna claim a role, make sure you can back it up without cheating!

Sign-Ups

1. Titanoboa
2. Overrated
3. Renegade
4. Mecca
5. J-Dawg
Last edited by Ritsuka on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Clan Mafia #4 (Sign-Ups OPEN! 0/7)

Post by Titanoboa »

Sign me up!

Also, gosh, there's plenty of stuff there that I wrote (2 years ago) that could be clarified or better formulated. The entire thing could be rewritten, because while it may be perfectly clear to someone like me or ritsuka who have played epicmafia online (same game but in real-time), the concept might not be as crystal clear to an "outsider" (now that I haven't played epicmafia for 2 years or so, it's extremely obvious to me that I was "snowed in" on the subject when I wrote that post)... But I'm not gonna re-write the thing, so if something is unclear just ask and we'll explain.

Just an example: in the end-game I said there's usually at least 1 clear clan member. How does one become "clear"? 1 way a player can become clear is if both Forum Admins (even if one is fake and actually a mutineer) declare someone innocent, that player is confirmed to be innocent (the real Forum Admin shouldn't make up reports).
Clear = confirmed innocent.

This will be fun.
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Re: Clan Mafia #4 (Sign-Ups OPEN! 0/7)

Post by Ritsuka »

Titanoboa wrote:Sign me up!

Also, gosh, there's plenty of stuff there that I wrote (2 years ago) that could be clarified or better formulated. The entire thing could be rewritten
http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Setup693
Titanoboa

Re: Clan Mafia #4 (Sign-Ups OPEN! 1/7)

Post by Titanoboa »

Also,
Ritsuka wrote:
Titanoboa wrote:When a person is kicked or leaves the clan, you won't get to find out what role he/she played.
I remember this being more of an issue than a fun feature, that we didn't reveal the dead players' roles. Can we change that? I think you'll agree that it's easier to play when you know what roles are out of play.
Overrated
Match Winner

Re: Clan Mafia #4 (Sign-Ups OPEN! 1/7)

Post by Overrated »

One of the problems I thought we had was inconsistency in activity. Some people would be all for it and others would hardly pay attention. So that's my concern but go ahead and sign me up.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Renegade
Core Dumper

Re: Clan Mafia #4 (Sign-Ups OPEN! 2/7)

Post by Renegade »

I would also like to play this, sign me up.
Mecca
Match Winner

Re: Clan Mafia #4 (Sign-Ups OPEN! 3/7)

Post by Mecca »

sign me up
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Clan Mafia #4 (Sign-Ups OPEN! 4/7)

Post by Cody »

Sign me up, we all Know I'm the best at this game. Just look at those logical votes I made on R forums. SUck it gurls.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Clan Mafia #4 (Sign-Ups OPEN! 5/7)

Post by Cody »

Nvm, i have a conference this weekend.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

I think people aren't signing up mostly because of the intimidatingly long description and rules. Maybe it could be an idea to summarize it (only keep the essential parts). No guide essays.

And try again in a little while, see if people are into it then. (Because it's a fun game!)
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Titanoboa wrote:I think people aren't signing up mostly because of the intimidatingly long description and rules. Maybe it could be an idea to summarize it (only keep the essential parts). No guide essays.

And try again in a little while, see if people are into it then. (Because it's a fun game!)
Done. I'll keep the thread open until Wednesday or so, if no one else signs up I'll try again another time.
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

if this is still open I would like to sign up :)
ImageImageImageImageImage