Ladle 76

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Nagi
Core Dumper

Re: Ladle 76

Post by Nagi »

gz rd!

0 Light's.

Elmo: if you meant Phoenix they are there right below Oscar Wilde in Westmore.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Nagi wrote:Elmo: if you meant Phoenix they are there right below Oscar Wilde in Westmore.
wut?
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Ah Ely, you must remember that your clan has a name!
Phoenix 1 (Fire)
Phoenix 2
Both of these are on the stats :)
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

ElmosWorld wrote:
Nagi wrote:Elysium*: if you meant Phoenix they are there right below Oscar Wilde in Westmore.
wut?
yeh, that.
Last edited by Nagi on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tadd
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Tadd »

aot ny: +1 Was fine for me.

Good match R and gz to RD.
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Good games everyone! I also got to watch the other bracket's matches, man that was intense o.o

Servers:
CT LIV: +1; Really nice server, and I had a good connection to it.
Light's: +1; It did well, what can I say?
Z-Man's: +1; Although pings seemed to be higher across the board than on other european servers, it held up well.
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Gz RD, kinda felt like we threw that. :p

Loki's +1
CT LIV +1
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Recordings:
final_ctliv_tunk_vs_red.aarec 52600kb 5591s

Most quarters merged with something. Z-Girl needed to build a hovering Lego staircase into nothing.
quarter1_cta_vs_kst.aarec 38020kb 4049s On Loki's. Part 2 of quarter below.
quarter2_semi_cta_vs_kst_vs_tunk.aarec 56832kb 5748s
quarter_aotunk_tunk_vs_spd.aarec 32952kb 3706s Yes, I realize that is not the server name.
quarter_semi_ctliv_win_vs_rt_vs_red.aarec 45072kb 5406s

All openings severely truncated due to lack of time spent extinguishing fires earlier.
opening_aotny_ctb_vs_rt.aarec 12648kb 1534s
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

opening_aotuk_phf_vs_speeders.aarec 4824kb 638s
opening_ctliv_void_vs_win.aarec 6864kb 1117s
opening_loki_kst_vs_ww.aarec 6580kb 983s
opening_quarter_light_id_vs_red2_vs_red.aarec 31904kb 3622s
opening_unk_cta_vs_oops.aarec 772kb 225s
opening_z_sol_vs_red.aarec 2068kb 294s

About the spam problem, I did commit the thing I talked about a couple of months ago, /players now also lists the last couple of parting chats with IPs if you are allowed to see them. He is logging in properly now, right? I'll add the GID, too, then. What puzzles me is how the chat spam protection does not kick in. It is supposed to persist a bit between sessions. I'll look into it.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Z-Man wrote:About the spam problem...
Not all the servers are running the newest builds. I really wish there was a way to enforce some homogeneity of tournament servers. Can we get a discussion between server owners and come up with some agreement and guidelines? I'm afraid we will run out of server quickly if we say "only latest dedicated stable is acceptable." But the spam is a terrible inconvenience. Any way we can adjust the filters a little bit to help this out?
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:Not all the servers are running the newest builds. I really wish there was a way to enforce some homogeneity of tournament servers. Can we get a discussion between server owners and come up with some agreement and guidelines? I'm afraid we will run out of server quickly if we say "only latest dedicated stable is acceptable." But the spam is a terrible inconvenience. Any way we can adjust the filters a little bit to help this out?
I remember this coming up in the past, but I still think this is a bad idea. You could ask hosts to upgrade, and use the servers that are upgraded with a priority over those who are not. I'm sure some would, but not nearly all. I'm one of the people who wouldn't switch to the regular build, so if sty+ct didn't contain the update, I wouldn't have it. I don't think there's much worry there though.

Is 777 a late enough build, or should I upgrade to 780? I'll probably upgrade before the next Ladle comes around anyway, but curious as to when the update was added. It was most likely one of the "Merge with 0.2.8-armagetronad-work" revisions, so not sure which.

If it's only in 0.4, then I won't be going to it. :/

// Edit: Upgraded to 780 (:
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

If you're providing a server for a tournament, then you should be running the latest version of whatever branch you're using. Here's the reported versions from the Ladle servers:

Code: Select all

AoT UK: 0.2.9-sty+ct_alpha_r766
CT's LIV: 0.2.8_alpha20110403
CT's USA: 0.2.9_alpha_r1410
Delinquent's spare server: CVS win dedicated
theos's FR3: 0.2.9_alpha_r1417
uNk's: 0.2.9_alpha_r1417
Z-Man's Server: 0.2.9_alpha_r1430 (I guess Z-Man has an extra unpublished revision—latest in bzr in 1429)
If CT's LIV is running the version it reports, then it's particularly susceptible to chat spam abuse.
Light wrote:Is 777 a late enough build, or should I upgrade to 780? I'll probably upgrade before the next Ladle comes around anyway, but curious as to when the update was added. It was most likely one of the "Merge with 0.2.8-armagetronad-work" revisions, so not sure which.
Revision 777 doesn't include Z-Man's change, but sty+ct hadn't been merged yet (it is now).

Edit:
// Edit: Upgraded to 780 (:
It's at 781 now. :snail:
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

dlh wrote:If you're providing a server for a tournament, then you should be running the latest version of whatever branch you're using.
While I would agree, it's very easy to go unnoticed. Also, most of the time it doesn't make any real difference to the tournament. It's just rare times like this, unless you're way behind. I don't have a server dedicated to running tournaments. I just have it added to my list of servers, though on occasion I shut down the others for Ladle if I think about it.

// Edit - I misunderstood. I thought that was just directed at me. :P
dlh wrote:It's at 781 now. :snail:
You know how evil you are? lol I just go run a bash script, but bleh to you! Now I'm at 781. :)
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

derp, delete sorry D:
voodoo
Core Dumper

Post by voodoo »

CT Liv is now up to date...

May be a stupid idea but It would be interesting to have KICK like command splitted in two different commands: by name and by id... That would avoid confusion when players use numbers as name... (or may be force name to not be a number)