Offensive servers

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
J Dawg
Round Winner

Offensive servers

Post by J Dawg »

Idk if anyone else has noticed, but I have been seeing a server making harsh remarks towards Dlh and Z man. Is something being done about this?
ImageImageImageImageImage
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Offensiver servers

Post by sinewav »

:D Make servers that say how awesome they are?

I didn't see any against dlh, but I saw one against Z-Man. I put up two servers that say how awesome they are. I suggest all sever owners to the same with any unused servers.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I reckon that all the servers being there is what makes people think *what's the point in making one* mainly because it will never even be saw, never mind played in.
Everyone with a server that's not being used should just take it down. I've saw servers that've been there for three years+ and not one been played in.
In saying all of this, I'm going to take mine down right now for they reasons, but the server still has 30 days that I've already paid for, so if anyone wants an amazing EU server (think it's London), then message me.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

ConVicT wrote:Everyone with a server that's not being used should just take it down. I've saw servers that've been there for three years+ and not one been played in.
Or you just don't see them being played in, everything here has http://crazy-tronners.com/grid/serverus ... n=4&days=5 Note: That i only store 5-6 days worth of data at any time.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I see what you mean, but most of them, you'd be lucky if they were played for more than 5 minutes, and ,or were players mistakenly entering the wrong one.
Well, that's how I've seen it.
Just by checking my logs, my server was last played on the 5th, but it was only players coming in then leaving straight away.
Anyway I have no need for mine anymore, so if there's any tourneys, or whatever coming up, the server is up for grabs.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Edit: Double posted for some reason. I dunno how to delete.
Elysium
On Lightcycle Grid

hmm

Post by Elysium »

Jw. is it plausible and possible to ban Swag from the game? im getting tired of his stupid servers that are full of unnecessary shit. Its quite stupid. and ya i can ignore it like others. but getting rid of it is the easiest way to make sure there isnt a problem. anybody agree? if not its whatever. im just getting tired of seeing these obscinities all the time at the top.

If this topic is uncalled for have an admin delete it. last thing imma say... pretending there isnt a problem doesnt mean itll go away. we cna just make this problem go away.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Re: Offensive servers

Post by ElmosWorld »

Ban from the game: no.
Ban him from your server: probably not(assuming this is the guy that was trolling our match on Sunday), since he changes his IP frequently
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

You can automatically set everyone to be silenced, and the just unsilence whoever you want. That's why that option is there.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

There is no reason to start banning servers because they talk shit. Tron is a very competetive game. Once you start drawing those kind of lines, its game over for the community. Especially with one as small as ours.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

/dev/null wrote:There is no reason to start banning servers because they talk shit. Tron is a very competetive game. Once you start drawing those kind of lines, its game over for the community. Especially with one as small as ours.
Your got a point there :)