Black screen.

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
biasoner
Average Program

Black screen.

Post by biasoner »

When I select 'internet game' from the menu I black screen and no master server communications happen. Any suggestions on what info you need to diagnose? Internet connection is fine and firewall has not changed. -tRonPaul
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Black screen.

Post by Light »

Can you ping the servers?

Code: Select all

ping master1.armagetronad.net
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Code: Select all

ping master1.armagetronad.net
Yo bias, to use the code above, open a command prompt in Windows. You can get there from the Start Menu "Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt" or press the "Window key + R" for Run program, or choose Run from the Start Menu and type "cmd". This opens a command prompt. Type the code above and see if you get a response. Or copy it and right-click in the terminal window and choose paste (you can't Ctl+V). If you get a response from the master server then there is a problem with your copy of Armagetron. More than likely it's not the game, but something else outside your control and will usually clear up after a while.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:you can't Ctl+V
I'm not sure about Windows, but in Linux you can CTRL + SHIFT + V.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Light wrote:I'm not sure about Windows, but in Linux you can CTRL + SHIFT + V.
biasoner uses Windows, that's why I posted this.

After a lot of pasting in Linux I was aggravated when I returned to Windows and had to right click everything. There are other annoyances in Window's terminal too, like how you select text for the clipboard. Definitely much to be desired in Windows coming from a Linux terminal.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

sinewav wrote:
Light wrote:I'm not sure about Windows, but in Linux you can CTRL + SHIFT + V.
biasoner uses Windows, that's why I posted this.

After a lot of pasting in Linux I was aggravated when I returned to Windows and had to right click everything. There are other annoyances in Window's terminal too, like how you select text for the clipboard. Definitely much to be desired in Windows coming from a Linux terminal.
I don't use windows terminal often, but when I do I type linux commands and facepalm :(
biasoner
Average Program

Post by biasoner »

Ok, it's back up again. Thanks for the info.
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

I've periodically had the same issue. There seems to be an issue with one of the master servers refusing to accept logins.