Sumo config

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
delinquent
Match Winner

Sumo config

Post by delinquent »

The complete cfg supplied in cvs_test adds a zone for every four players. I'm looking for a 12 player zone map, similar to empha's.

I'm trying to find the sty+ct+ap server for windows, too. Is there even a windows build?
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Re: Sumo config

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Dude, your hopeless as ever. You keep forgetting that I build/code in windows and then release them online. Though I am also looking to find a way to build in linux, so far I'm out of luck on that... :/

If you want one, I can always build one from scratch and send you the mediafire link. Though the build is up-to-date with the latest I release. Revision is at 929 and things are quite crazy. I've neatly made sure nearly all the commands have been commented on how they are used, so there is no need for asking for help unless you need more idea on them :)

I need to save that stuff anyway. It's been a while since I released a windows build. So, your in luck since I got to update the wiki anyway :)

Is that ok?

Here's the updated page of my wiki: http://vertrex.tk/wiki/index.php?title=Revisions
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Goddit :)

Do you know where there is a working 12 player sumo map? And I don't mean a durka map, just one with a regular zone etc
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

My pleasure :)

mmm... I'm actually looking into that right now. Someone might beat me to giving you the stuff since I have short amount of time in doing the things I want (very busy lately).
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

I did look at empha's map, but it's a bit dodgy in that there is a huge deathzone that kills everyone off at the start.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

delinquent wrote:I did look at empha's map, but it's a bit dodgy in that there is a huge deathzone that kills everyone off at the start.
You can remove a deathzone from a map quite easily ..
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

There's other issues. The DZ isn't scripted, it seems to be the result of an error.
Light

Post by Light »

delinquent wrote:There's other issues. The DZ isn't scripted, it seems to be the result of an error.
Possibly from expecting a DTD that you don't have? If you link to it, maybe we could find out.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Light wrote:
delinquent wrote:There's other issues. The DZ isn't scripted, it seems to be the result of an error.
Possibly from expecting a DTD that you don't have? If you link to it, maybe we could find out.
Not possible. When the game parses the map, it checks the dtd first and then ensures that "effect" zone exists. If it doesn't, error is returned as we know it.

In this case I have no idea what map we are looking at or the DTD. So I guess without looking, there is no knowing or fixing :P
Light

Post by Light »

LOVER$BOY wrote:Not possible. When the game parses the map, it checks the dtd first and then ensures that "effect" zone exists. If it doesn't, error is returned as we know it.
I wasn't positive if it would error out or default to a death zone. Was just an idea without being able to see anything. If it errors out, then I'm gonna change my guess to the settings not disabling the random win zone.
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Light

Post by Light »

I put the map up on my test server and have no death zones coming up or anything. Feel free to test it out in Light's Sumo Bar Dozen East USA.

Code: Select all

RESOURCE_REPOSITORY_SERVER http://lightron.tk/resource/
MAP_FILE Emphasis/sumo/sumobar12-0.0.1.aamap.xml
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Light wrote:I put the map up on my test server and have no death zones coming up or anything. Feel free to test it out in Light's Sumo Bar Dozen East USA.

RESOURCE_REPOSITORY_SERVER http://lightron.tk/resource/
MAP_FILE Emphasis/sumo/sumobar12-0.0.1.aamap.xml
Same here. It must be something in what delinquent is doing is actually I am considering is what's causing the issue? :/

Along with that, I hope the build (.exe) files didn't exactly copy all of my config files. Obviously then something might have happened with those additional settings that came with the install but it shouldn't be :P
Light

Post by Light »

LOVER$BOY wrote:Same here. It must be something in what delinquent is doing is actually I am considering is what's causing the issue? :/
I think his problem would be solved by my second guess earlier.

WIN_ZONE_DEATHS 0
WIN_ZONE_MIN_ROUND_TIME 1e+06
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Light wrote:
LOVER$BOY wrote:Same here. It must be something in what delinquent is doing is actually I am considering is what's causing the issue? :/
I think his problem would be solved by my second guess earlier.

WIN_ZONE_DEATHS 0
I thought about mentioning that but I left it for you to do it again since I am feeling a bit lazy today :P

He could have the settings to disable that like this:

WIN_ZONE_RANDOMNESS 0
WIN_ZONE_EXPANSION -0.5
WIN_ZONE_INITIAL_SIZE 1
WIN_ZONE_DEATHS 1
WIN_ZONE_MIN_LAST_DEATH 0

SP_WIN_ZONE_MIN_ROUND_TIME 1e+06
SP_WIN_ZONE_MIN_LAST_DEATH 0