Armagetron Badge Creator

Striving for unique and challenging game play.

Moderator: sinewav

Fippmam
Round Winner

Re: Armagetron Badge Creator

Post by Fippmam »

Well naturally I'm biased and I'd want badges for tournaments I've won (FFA, afl, ttt). However, they can't exactly be called "regular" or "longstanding" tournaments, so I'd understand if you decide to not make badges for them. :/

The SBX is different enough from the SBT that I'd suggest you make an SBX badge, especially since Light has made it clear that he intends to host it with a similar periodicity as ladle.

Edit: Reading your previous post, it seems you had the idea to make an off-series branch of badges. The tournaments I singled out, could be labeled as such, no? :)

Edit again:One more post and I hit 300 posts!!!
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

I think cookie plans on making more TTT's, so yea 8)

Also if SBX is different from SBT then that should probably constitute a new badge (of course you're the one doing the work so it's all up to you, not trying to sound pushy or anything :P)
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

I'd still like to know how SBX is different from SBT... Its the same damn thing!

OOps my bad, one has a X and the other has a T. :D

Im still agreeing with Cxdy, it should just be added on to SBT but ran monthly.. but it's Light's tournament he does as he pleases.. and atleast we have a sumo tourney :)
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

Fippmam wrote:Edit: Reading your previous post, it seems you had the idea to make an off-series branch of badges. The tournaments I singled out, could be labeled as such, no?

If they are, then I can finally have my Bowl Badge!! :D and SBX should be the exact same as the sbt badge
ImageImageImageImageImage
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

J Dawg wrote:...and SBX should be the exact same as the sbt badge
Ha! I did exactly that, about 6 hours before you posted this. I am replacing the SBT badge with an identical one that says SBX. From now on it should remain SBX. Well, that's what I think anyway.

The Bowl badge is done and looks amazing. Seriously, it is a graphical achievement worthy of the effort it takes to win the Bowl. Ok, maybe not that good, but it's really sharp. I removed the unpopular, duplicate Ladle, Brawl, and TST badges to make room for these new ones:

4TF (4-Team Fort)
BOWL
CTWF
FFA
TTT

The TTT badge is the duplicate TST design recycled with more dynamics. These new badges will be up in the next day or two. I wanted to check in before I uploaded them to make sure I have not missed anything.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

sinewav wrote:I wanted to check in before I uploaded them to make sure I have not missed anything.
Are you gonna make an AFL one?
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Fippmam wrote:
sinewav wrote:I wanted to check in before I uploaded them to make sure I have not missed anything.
Are you gonna make an AFL one?
no.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Fippmam wrote:Are you gonna make an AFL one?
I thought about it but the AFL isn't really a numbered event. It's like a seasonal thing, right? I mean, I can make one if there are going to be more AFL's. But as we see, leagues like that tend to burn out the Fort community quickly.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Attachments
abc-v2.png
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

These are all nice! I especially like the Bowl badge : p
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Thanks so much sine! 8)
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Gazelle wrote:Im still agreeing with Cxdy, it should just be added on to SBT but ran monthly.. but it's Light's tournament he does as he pleases.. and atleast we have a sumo tourney :)
Except being SBX, I get to make whatever changes I want, and there should be some changes starting the next tournament. I used SBT unchanged for this one just to see what I wanted. It won't be far off, but I like the freedom to do whatever.
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

I put my Badges on already, But I forgot to say thanks! You are right sine, The Bowl badge is pretty Intense, Very nice :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Now we need to have more of these same tournaments. I'm glad to see there is a WST planned.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Yea thanks for the badges, Sine =3