Arma browser

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
orion
Match Winner

Arma browser

Post by orion »

On my job I dont have armagetron installed and i was thinking, what about adding to arma server browser a live scoring? I think it should be cool, atleast for me
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Re: Arma browser

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

i could understand if u need a arma browser for tournaments like ladle etc.. otherwise i dont think its that necessary..

+ if you do that for ladle days u can save the points for every individual player even tho it does not matter that much you may add how many deaths they have since the match started etc
Kappa
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

RoterBaron1337 wrote:i could understand if u need a arma browser for tournaments like ladle etc.. otherwise i dont think its that necessary..

+ if you do that for ladle days u can save the points for every individual player even tho it does not matter that much you may add how many deaths they have since the match started etc
obviusly for events it would be useful, but u dont need to disable it the rest of the days
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

you'd have to have a bot in every server or have the server admin provide the server's players.txt

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

For my server, you can see it on http://lightron.tk/Servers but I don't think you'll find it possible to get everyone together on that idea.
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

AI-team wrote:you'd have to have a bot in every server or have the server admin provide the server's players.txt
There is also a PHP client, that joins the server gets the scores and leaves again. But it doesn't work with current 0.4 servers and needs a free slot.

You can even make it chat... :P
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Jip wrote:
AI-team wrote:you'd have to have a bot in every server or have the server admin provide the server's players.txt
There is also a PHP client, that joins the server gets the scores and leaves again. But it doesn't work with current 0.4 servers and needs a free slot.

You can even make it chat... :P
That's actually what I meant when I used the term "bot". But as you already said there's a number of flaws to it

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln