[AFL] Feedback & News/Updates - PLAYOFF BRACKETS ARE UP!!!!!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

[AFL] Feedback & News/Updates - PLAYOFF BRACKETS ARE UP!!!!!

Post by DDMJ »

Hi guys,

Sorry for taking so long to update things, I was pretty damn busy. Anyways, go check out the results and standings pages:

http://theafl.tk/results
http://theafl.tk/standings

Also, I'd love to hear your feedback regarding Week 1. Servers? 7v7? Organization (sorry if y'all couldn't find me at the beginning), etc.

Thanks.
Last edited by DDMJ on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vogue
Match Winner

Re: [AFL] Feedback & News/Updates

Post by Vogue »

7v7 may have been a bit overzealous considering people's ability to show up when they say they will
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Vogue wrote:7v7 may have been a bit overzealous considering people's ability to show up when they say they will
Idk most clans had 7.. Maybe its just you guys :P

we had all of our members show up.. about 14 of us.
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Gazelle wrote:
Vogue wrote:7v7 may have been a bit overzealous considering people's ability to show up when they say they will
Idk most clans had 7.. Maybe its just you guys :P

we had all of our members show up.. about 14 of us.
Actually we had 7, but most teams in our group had closer to 4. And having 14 people show up for a 7 person event is arguably as bad as having 4 imo.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

change it now must be unfair, but I would like to change "in case of tie, the team who won face to face pass" for "the team with most win/loss game difference pass". There are a few teams eliminated on first date, would give more emotion wait until last date to know qualified teams
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

7v7 was really fun and that's what the
majority vote was =)
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

I thought 7v7 was a great change of pace. It changed up the gameplay/tactics a lot more than I thought it would which was awesome.

Having one more player show up than in ladle isn't much to ask either in my opinion. Don't think any team in our division had a problem. And for clarification, our team had 8 people show up :P
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

orion wrote:change it now must be unfair, but I would like to change "in case of tie, the team who won face to face pass" for "the team with most win/loss game difference pass". There are a few teams eliminated on first date, would give more emotion wait until last date to know qualified teams
I'm trying to understand what you're saying.

Only 2 of the 10 teams are technically eliminated after Week 1. But, I hope they come back and play hard in Week 2.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

DDMJ wrote:
orion wrote:change it now must be unfair, but I would like to change "in case of tie, the team who won face to face pass" for "the team with most win/loss game difference pass". There are a few teams eliminated on first date, would give more emotion wait until last date to know qualified teams
I'm trying to understand what you're saying.

Only 2 of the 10 teams are technically eliminated after Week 1. But, I hope they come back and play hard in Week 2.
Yes i dont mean its bad at all, I just think games win/loss would be better for next AFL.
Btw, 7v7 was still fun, I didnt find such a great difference but really fun
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I agree with what orion is saying (even though I had to read it several times to understand it). He is saying that, in the event of teams having the same number of points in the standings we should compare total matches won vs total matches lost.
Playing since December 2006
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

Hey Durka, keep up the great work and improving armagetron since u invented the team sumo bar with my help and never mentioned me ( i dont really know why but w/e) u are doing a great job with nice stats savings and such! i hope people will keep up with the stats saving, it can show some nice statistics and keep on tracks who is whom nemesis
Kappa
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Monkey wrote:I agree with what orion is saying (even though I had to read it several times to understand it). He is saying that, in the event of teams having the same number of points in the standings we should compare total matches won vs total matches lost.
That's the second tie breaker (i.e. if a team ties their regular season game).
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

DDMJ wrote:
Monkey wrote:I agree with what orion is saying (even though I had to read it several times to understand it). He is saying that, in the event of teams having the same number of points in the standings we should compare total matches won vs total matches lost.
That's the second tie breaker (i.e. if a team ties their regular season game).
oh i see, anyway what most of leagues in the world use and what i personally like more is the inverse of it.
Core Dumper

Post by newbie »

I would even try 8v8 next time. And 1-2s delay for dead walls. :)
1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 21, 24, 33, 34, 35

Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I agree about 8v8. If we are going to alter the number of players we may as well have 8v8 as an option because it gives an even number of sweepers/attackers on each side.
Playing since December 2006