That being said, we were informed a capable laptop is mandatory, and we were given a list of minimum specs our laptops should contain, as well as software requirements. I'm going to need:
- Windows 7 or Windows 8
- 1.6GHz Processor (minimum)
- 6GB of RAM (minimum)
- Wireless networking
- 120GB HD (minimum)
- No atom processors
- 12"+ screen (recommended)
- Windows 8 (it'd be very easy & fluent to move applications, data, etc to/from my Win8 desktop)
- Top end i5 or better. I'm largely impressed with my i7-3770, so I'd like to have something comparable.
- 8GB RAM or more
- 500GB or more HDD, 7200RPM is a nice plus
- GOOD reviews. I need a 4-year laptop.
- External graphics card. 3D rendering is fairly demanding, and I'd like to have the onboard RAM for the CAD software itself, while the graphics has its' own RAM for rendering
- 15-16" screen
Understand (respectfully) before responding that if you're aiming to talk me out of something (like spending a few extra bucks for an i5/i7) then you're wasting your energy. I want quality recommendations if you have any, please