SBX - Sumo Bar Experience [ Sunday Aug 18 ] [Brackets Up!]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: SBX - Sumo Bar Experience [ Sunday Aug 11 ]

Post by Ratchet »

orion wrote:I still dont understand whats the big problem on move up it 1 week, there are only around 10 players signed up yet and you opened it today.
You also clearly didn't understand the problem with charging players $10 to play tron.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Ratchet wrote:
orion wrote:I still dont understand whats the big problem on move up it 1 week, there are only around 10 players signed up yet and you opened it today.
You also clearly didn't understand the problem with charging players $10 to play tron.
-_- Be nice Josh

Anyway Light decided to host it on the 3rd Sunday, so everyone should be satisfied :)
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

Ratchet wrote:
says the guy with pron in his bookmarks
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Concord wrote:
Ratchet wrote:
says the guy with pron in his bookmarks
Yes Concord he does. But you and me we don't need bookmarks, we know the addresses by heart.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Gazelle wrote:What if brawl started at 12pm est like it used too... Then there shouldnt be a problem.. its only 4 teams... or 5 with OPT... shouldnt take more than 1 hr or 1 1/2..

And make the SBT at 1:45pm est ... 17:45gmt
Pretty sure you're not including R. I think we'll have two teams, but I'm not quite sure.

Anyway, the fact we're moving this back a week is fine with me, as I'm sure fine with any other people who were planning to participate in both. Sorry for a few players who might not be able to make it.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Ratchet wrote:
1 joke is fine, 2 jokes are pretty fine, you are looking stupid now. Whats wrong on trying to gain money from something? Maybe you dont understand you are a kid.

Get on topic please
woof
Round Winner

Re: SBX - Sumo Bar Experience [ Sunday Aug 18 ]

Post by woof »

Is there any way we can push 45 minutes later? 10:00 is kinda hard for me to make (and probably other west coast tronners) because I have church.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

~Feedback time~

1. Why split up the SBT? SBX & SBT are the exact same( I should know you're using my configs) and yet you're making an entirely new wiki(with my template, minus the time zones) You have a fully loaded wiki with EVERYTHING you need and already in place? Why replace the SBT and SPLIT up the results? Why waste resources when everything you need is on the SBT page(you do know you can publicly edit that right? I'm guess this because you copied-n-pasted the template)

2. CTF & SBT don't have to interfere with eachother. CTF can go back to hosting itself at 12pm EST and SBT can host itself at 1:45 or 2pm EST

3. Again, you have everything you need on SBT wiki, why split up the results? if this is really SBT7 in disguise, just use the dam SBT wiki.

4. I keep loling @ the pm's im getting about how you guys keep messing up Sumo Bar Tournament. You have 1 job, that is to host your own SBT, not to go copying and pasting the SBT and calling something different. AT LEAST MAKE IT DIFFERENT IF YOU'RE GONNA CREATE A WHOLE NEW TOURNAMENT LOL

5. OH PS I heard everyones feedback and I'm hosting SBT7 xoxo
Light

Post by Light »

Cody wrote:1. Why split up the SBT? SBX & SBT are the exact same( I should know you're using my configs) and yet you're making an entirely new wiki(with my template, minus the time zones) You have a fully loaded wiki with EVERYTHING you need and already in place? Why replace the SBT and SPLIT up the results? Why waste resources when everything you need is on the SBT page(you do know you can publicly edit that right? I'm guess this because you copied-n-pasted the template)
Nothing was really copy/pasted. I don't do everything like you did really, but I did go for the same kind'a look. Also, I split it up because I wanted to start one that I can get going on a certain day and keep going. I wanted to keep up the logs and everything how I want instead of keeping to someone else's template. Also, if you ever happen to come back, I didn't want to be in control of your tournaments.

I figured the easiest way to get everything I wanted without changing other people's stuff is to just make my own, so I did. This also leaves it open for changes with dates, settings, etc. and I don't have to worry about people being upset about "changing SBT".
Cody wrote:2. CTF & SBT don't have to interfere with eachother. CTF can go back to hosting itself at 12pm EST and SBT can host itself at 1:45 or 2pm EST
This problem was solved by SBX taking up the 3rd Sunday.
Cody wrote:3. Again, you have everything you need on SBT wiki, why split up the results? if this is really SBT7 in disguise, just use the dam SBT wiki.
For 1 and 3, you can refer to 5. That basically explains why I didn't take over SBT.
Cody wrote:4. I keep loling @ the pm's im getting about how you guys keep messing up Sumo Bar Tournament. You have 1 job, that is to host your own SBT, not to go copying and pasting the SBT and calling something different. AT LEAST MAKE IT DIFFERENT IF YOU'RE GONNA CREATE A WHOLE NEW TOURNAMENT LOL
There likely will be changes, but SBT settings are at the least a good starting point. You really can't expect me to have a ton of new stuff in the first month, can you? I don't understand why you get so upset about starting a new line that can be kept up every month.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Cody, also realize it's substantially different from SBTs in that it's actually going to be periodic - monthly, according to Light. Your tournaments are more spaced out, so they're hardly the same thing and his tries to begin a sumo tradition like Ladle.

In either case, there's no reason why both your tournaments can't co-exist.

Cody, why not hold off on your SBT for a while, till maybe into September or October? August is seriously booked up, and you'd accomplish nothing by making your tournament the same day as his. Your tournament is more "prestigious" atm, 'cause Light's is new, so don't feel threatened or anything - just host it at a later date (maybe you can even reach a compromise w/ Light where on that month, he doesn't host his)
Light

Post by Light »

Fippmam wrote:Cody, why not hold off on your SBT for a while, till maybe into September or October? August is seriously booked up, and you'd accomplish nothing by making your tournament the same day as his. Your tournament is more "prestigious" atm, 'cause Light's is new, so don't feel threatened or anything - just host it at a later date (maybe you can even reach a compromise w/ Light where on that month, he doesn't host his)
I would be happy hosting it every other month if he were going to host SBT that often, but it looks like he's doing it because he's upset I split it from SBT. I could be wrong, but that's how it appears to me.

I would just like to add in a sumo tournament that is on a schedule like CTF and fortress. With this, I wanted a new set of tournament results and to be able to lay things out differently than he had. I don't like starting something and being confined to what is already there, rather than changing things to better suit the community if anything comes up.

At worst, if it ruins the player turnout for this one, I'll start hosting it when he stops. From the history, it seems there wont be too many to have to work around. (5 in a two-year span) I'm planning on 6 or 12 per year if things go well.

Hopefully it works out and it's not his goal to just hurt it because he's upset.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Cody isnt hosting his on the same day.. he is doing Aug 11th where Light's in on the 18th.. 2 sumo tournaments back to back.. im okay with that.. but some others might not be.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Light´s Project is better so far, also I appreciate he is respeting the Brawl day.
Make the same tournament 1 week before, come and flame like a boy.... what a shame
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Gazelle wrote:Cody isnt hosting his on the same day.. he is doing Aug 11th where Light's in on the 18th.. 2 sumo tournaments back to back.. im okay with that.. but some others might not be.
I didn't say he was. But we've already been over the whole SBT/SBX on Brawl day thing. It's rude and inconsiderate, which is why Light moved his.
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Cody I love you but light isn't trying to copy you nor undermine SBT. In fact, he's trying to be a good guy. After Concord's anticipated Sumobar Major, there were no more upcoming sumo tournaments. Most of us thought that you had given up the settings to SBT because you were done hosting them, and were encouraging people to use them, and that's exactly what Light did. The reason he's doing SBX instead of SBT is because he respects you and doesn't want to intrude upon/steal a tournament that is yours because that has potential for a lot of conflict. Plus, he's making it monthly which I think is pretty cool . So yea, Light is just trying to do the sumo community a favor, not belittle you or steal your tournament :D. <3